• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Runescape Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I would want to test this. I stopped playing runescape after I've killed the dragon. I didn't like it because it was laggy. Make sure the FPS doesn't bother the gameplay.
im glad that after this long there still are eager beta testers, thnx for the support!!
although this project is still not 100% revived, we still need some terrainers.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
If you are offering to help in any way(coder,terrainer,beta tester etc.)pls leave a comment here, any help is much appreciated, thnx!

EDIT:
great news all!! i made a quick supporter signature for our fans to wear;)

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/runescape-map-157606/][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/5iwqxh/Runescape%20.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Level 20
I could be the coder. I'm starting to learn JASS. I'll help you once I master JASS.

By the way, huge runescape world with only 12 people? That's a problem... And yeah what level are you in the real rune scape? As far as I remember, I was at leaset level 60.
hmm ok, but if im right a guy said this map uses GUI not Jass, although we could use some of the unique Jass functions, so far im just a GUIer in this project so i don't really have the power to let you in the development team sry dude you will have to w8 a bit...
and yeah that's a problem...maybe we could make some sort of AI Players so that it won't look "empty" or smth:p

EDIT:
i forgot to mention my lvl in real runescape, im around lvl 45 or smth, don't really play that much...

Level 20
although those are not MUI and need some minor changes they could be useful, as i said a few comments below i don't have the authority to allow you in the development team but indomitable1319 can, you could pm him;)

well, zi don't know if it helps but if you want some information about the game you can write me
my skills: http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/compare.ws?user1=goinformaxed
and I have done all quests
lol show off? xD

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Just start up a new RS project, the guy who made this thread hasn't been on in like a year.

Level 20
Just start up a new RS project, the guy who made this thread hasn't been on in like a year.
well i messaged him and im waiting for a reply, if i don't get a reply soon ill probably start a new rs project, thnx for the suggestions;)
Really?? Well... xorkatoss, count me in the team as a coder if you're making a new project.
sure thing ill send you a pm if i start a rs project;p
Sounds like a good idéa besides these threads tend to get alot of attention so go for it.
thnx for the support!!;D

Level 24
Yea I kind of have the same question, if you want to recruit people you should see to it that it's made as soon as possible and a easy way to attract new people is to make a new thread. Because I think that most of the people who have been here for a while take it for granted that this project is deserted.

Level 20
xorkatoss, he's inactive for too long. We're going to make a new project. I have some ideas for the SAVE/LOAD system.
Yea I kind of have the same question, if you want to recruit people you should see to it that it's made as soon as possible and a easy way to attract new people is to make a new thread. Because I think that most of the people who have been here for a while take it for granted that this project is deserted.
yeah im thinking of making a new threat too

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
starting this project from scratch will be a HUGE waste of time(unless we find some super fast and decent terrainer) so i was thinking...
do we need permission from the original creator of this project to continue from his last map if he's been inactive for too long?
if im not mistaken this is the latest release View attachment LUMBRIDGE[3] (1).w3x

unless devil1d gives me permission to continue this project i will NOT do so...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I just went in and tried out the map. All of the systems currently there (well the few that I looked at) can easily be re-created and the terrain can be re-done completly.

If you start the project from scratch, that would be a lot better since you can make it exactly as it is in the game. You can make the terrain yourself, or you can ask some help. And as Yayoi said, you can easily remake the systems to your liking. You can look through some of the earlier pages to see some of the information we used before to make the systems. If I remember correctly, Eldubs, InfinateAnswers, and EvilCrizpy were some of the people that worked on the systems.

Level 20
Really? Let's read it again to be sure.
well if you can find a rule that says that we can continue their work and just give them gredits then sure...

I just went in and tried out the map. All of the systems currently there (well the few that I looked at) can easily be re-created and the terrain can be re-done completly.
well the triggers aren't really the problem, the problem is the terrain bcz im just a basic terrainer, untill we find a good terrainer i won't be able to do much with the terrain:p

If you start the project from scratch, that would be a lot better since you can make it exactly as it is in the game. You can make the terrain yourself, or you can ask some help. And as Yayoi said, you can easily remake the systems to your liking. You can look through some of the earlier pages to see some of the information we used before to make the systems. If I remember correctly, Eldubs, InfinateAnswers, and EvilCrizpy were some of the people that worked on the systems.
well i compared the terrain from the map and the current runescape terrain(with all hugh settings and most decorations) and the changes aren't that big, im just saying that continuing your project will save us some time plus all of your work won't be wasted...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

If indomitable created the terrain and placed the doodads just delete the triggers and that then get indomitable's permission to use his terrain. Problem solved.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Creating all of runescape is totally possible. Just takes time.

Level 20
I'll ask someone to make the terrain from scratch. We need some pictures in runescape.

PS: It's impossible to create the whole runescape. I suggest to create only clan wars and other mini games.
yeah getting a terrainer would help a lot;p
btw i forgot to tell you, im a bit of a modeler myself, i could create some simple doodads if needed:p
and yeah creating the whole runescape world is not really needed, we will make cities and wilderness, so we will start with Lambridge probably since it's the first city.

Creating all of runescape is totally possible. Just takes time.
yp it just takes time, we will just have to make a lot of maps and divide the runescape world

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I've seen most of it, it is hardley impossible. Yes it may take many maps but the terrain is simple, many of the models are re-used all over the place (trees, minerals, etc...).

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

If you only make the mini-games then its not really Runescape, its just a bunch of mini-games (some of which have been done many times on Wc3). If you want to create Runescape you need the skills, bosses, quests, etc...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nah, if you just get a few people all working on one map at a time you can pump out a completed map every few weeks (after all the systems are done).
Most of the systems wouldn't be that hard either, the only hard things I can see would be the save/load code and getting a unit with all of the required animations (I think there is one already though).

If the entire group was set up with dropbox it would be even faster since everyone would have the latest map.

Level 20
Nah, if you just get a few people all working on one map at a time you can pump out a completed map every few weeks (after all the systems are done).
Most of the systems wouldn't be that hard either, the only hard things I can see would be the save/load code and getting a unit with all of the required animations (I think there is one already though).

If the entire group was set up with dropbox it would be even faster since everyone would have the latest map.
hmm dropbox? i have that app on my phone although idk what it does:D
is it some sort of file sharing program?

important:
can we create the threat if we haven't done any progress with the map yet?
or do we have to finish atleast a small part to begin a threat for the project?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You can create a thread right now but it would be better to have a bit of the ideas laid out and a screenshot or two.
Dropbox is basically a file sharing program where say I could put a text file into the 'Dropbox" folder on my computer and it will be downloaded onto everyone else in my Dropbox group right away.

Just sign up with this link: http://db.tt/xwBP6uEl

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well, we can continue it if we wanted to. The only reason we stopped was because nobody was willing to terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.