• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting a Runescape Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Was looking at the maps here on The Hive, and relevance to the way one of my other maps being developed works I decided to start on a Runescape map set in the Lumbridge District of the game.

Heres a screenshot of the castle skeleton:
lumbridgecastle.jpg

Level 3
Well I was worrying about the terrain at first ; ) and it's done I think. Got all the buildings and areas I want in there. Enough to give it the real feel. Most of the skills and alot of the triggers to make it work are already in one of the maps I was making so it shouldn't be too terribly long till this map is at a beta stage.

lumbridgefinalterrain.jpg

Level 3
Sorry indomitable1319 but, kinda a' project I'd like to work on by myself while I got the spare time. I've got most things working from a previous project though so if you need help with anything I wouldn't mind it here and there.

I've got this working so far:

SKILLS
Fishing
Fletching
Mining
Woodcutting
Woodworking (I think it's construction)
Have layout for Metalworking (Smithing)

You can harvest logs and fletch them into planks
Woodworking so far lets you make a table out of planks

You can fish; I've made bass and trout (need to look up names from rs, the way everything worked in rs was the basis for my previous project but the names were irrelevant).

Mining works (Too easy).

There are no set skills for the heros. You get skills in game (Since I don't know how to make a spell book with spells for different levels; just gaining them all at once.)

I know on the hive theres a set of Bronze armor and other similiar sets that would go great with this project so that will be in soon.

Got a good goblin model, and you choose from two different models at the beginning (A male and a female).

Well that's all for now folks, I'll check in tommorow evenin'.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I have random events working as well, but only one for fishing. The layout will work the same for just about all of them so their easy input now.

Level 24
Seems promising but could you use rolling shores? And please post the triggers you've done so far.

Level 13
Seen this map is already make by others I suggest to change the sub-tittle in order to captures others attention, ex: Runescape:Apocalypse, it's up to you.

I was talking about that I would like to help you "if you needed"

sorry for misunderstanding Im not good English...

Level 3
Awesome, I'll have all the skills and npcs up in the next version, won't be too terribly long till that comes out. Already done with
Fishing
Mining
Prayer
Archery
Woodcutting
Fletching

Have random events for
Mining and Fishing at the moment as well.

Level 3
I'm putting copper and tin veins at the top to the right across the top bridge. I know there aren't any actually there in RS but I feel like I have to implement mining, and it's a nice spot for them.

EDIT; Heres what I mean:
veins.jpg

Level 3
The Map for test

Here is the map for test:
:nemor:

I've closed off the al kharid section with Yellow Fence(Line ; P) as well as the swamp south of Lumbridge.

I'd like no tampering with my map please in the world editor.

Having issues with Woodcutting and smelting. Will have more skills up tommorow.

Credit where it's do:
Map by:
AlexanderSavoie

Models by:
Mechanical Man
Tranquil
NubblePie
darkdeathknight
HappyCockroach
HappyTauren
Carrington2k
Debode
chilla_killa
General Frank
Afronight 76
Urkdrengi
darklord
RaidonGod
assasin_lord
Vermillion Edict
communist_orc
wojia10502
paladinjst
Cavman
olofmoleman
kitabatake
Fan
Leeroy
MeteORA
Dionesiist
Kofi_Banan
Frankster
Stanakin Skywalker

Attachments

• Lumbridge V1 Protected.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Level 3
Changes

I've got smelting working.

And....
Heres a full set of bronze:
Bronze Full Helm
Bronze Platebody
Bronze Boots (Sorry couldn't find good platelegs)
Bronze Longsword
Bronze Kiteshield
Bronze.jpg

Level 3
Not that worried about it, this map isn't much for player versus monster, but pvp is a different story. I added bankers so when you go off to start mining or whatever you can bank your equipment. If the players have half a brain they can figure it out ; P

Level 24
I dont know if I'm to fond of the idea that everthing is extremly overscaled in this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.