• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Runes brainstorming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rune of The Curse
Theres several differnt things it could do, dsepending on witch you want to do. The first one I thought was The curse of the sea monster, witch cuases a naga (or somthing) to come out of the water and eat you whole, and after 10 seconds (or whatever you want it to be) he gets barfed out. (Like kodo beasts can do) Or it could be sinking sand, but I dont know how youd do that one...

Rune of the Storm
Cuases a storm to brew up in the sea, creatind a tornado, witch sucks up pirates and land huggers.

I'll post more if I think of any!

Level 12
Attract Rune

Forces all Pirates to move towards the user if the user is a Land Hugger, or all Land Huggers to move towards the user if the user is a Pirate

Relocation Rune

Switches place with a random player

Teleport Rune

Allows the user to use a 1 Charge Teleport

Level 10
I got a very funny idea. A rune that makes you DRUNK! Makes whoever picks it up to change his control keys like if J is left and if you pick it up it becomes right, and so on! May be a yellowish rune could do it. Also a drunk effect over the head XXD. A name for the rune that I can think of now is Rune of Strong Beer!

Level 10
Well I know triggering and if you try to do the rune that I said, you will have to fight with a lotsof if/then/else multiple actions and such. Mostly the actions part will be the hardest I bet. Anyway the idea itself comes from and old game called crystal caves! lol
"I think that would mostly piss people off if they picked up that" exactly! Thats what the idea meant to be! If the person is unlucky enough to get that rune randomly I think, the poor player will have to deal with it for 10 seconds. ( IMO )

Level 10
Damn, then perhaps you can make it move slower? And shake the screen as you said? And also put a screen word like YOU ARE SO DAMN DRUNK!!! lol like in sheep something that blizzard made. Also an orangish color might do it. What do you think?

Weight rune

Inflicts the user with a debuff which lasts 10 seconds, the debuff can move from player to player when they're tagged, and in the end of those 10 seconds, a large weight falls down from the sky and squishes the currently debuffed player. Tagging (Land Hugger into a pirate) is disabled during that debuff. (Crash Bash FTW!)

Terrain Deformation Rune

When picked up, a random part of the terrain sinks into the ocean.

Last edited:
Level 27
Rigged Decoy Rune:
Creates a decoy of you. When a player comes within a short distance of the decoy, it will detonate, stunning them.
Toxic Gas Rune:
Creates a quickly spreading toxic gas that slows all players effected by it for a short duration.
Vortex Rune:
Creates a warpgate between the rune and a random point that any player can travel through and back. Lasts 5 seconds.
Flyfoot Rune:
Causes you to move 100% faster, however you will not stop moving in the direction ordered until you switch directions or hit an obstacle.

I didn't look through all the posts, so forgive me if any of them have already been used.
--donut3.5--

Level 19
Devious Goblin's Rune of Divine Punishment:
When you use this rune, it will make a land mine in your current position, that goes off when somebody of the opposite side (pirate mine = anti-Groundies, Groudies mine = anti-pirate) and kills them and anyone else that may be around them. If you are a ground hugger and your are killed by the mine, you will become a pirate.
Just called Rune, so people will go WTF?!

Disguising Rune:
If you are a pirate, then you will look just like a ground hugger, and you will be able to trick your victims into hiding with you. If you are a ground hugger, you can avoid the pirates - because you are one!
Just called Rune, so people will go WTF?!

Level 10
Hmm maybe a rune called MARCH OF THE PIRATES! haha. Summoning 1 or more little pirate soul(s) around a random position in map for the picker with a damage of * you decide *. And a music plays during their cooldown. Maybe WC2's human songs can do it hmm song 2 or 3 they do fit well!. If these pirates die the march ends. Also during the march everypirate will have their movement speed increased by 15.

Level 10
Ok in a very simple way. There will be a rune called March of the Pirates. This will make a sound play which will fit in to the name like wc2's human song 2 or 3. Then, it will create 1 or more ghost pirate(s) to hunt ground huggers. They will last short actually and this rune will grant a buff of +15 movement speed bonus to every pirate player in the game due to that march gives them motivation. You get it now? :) ( Ghosts will appear at a random place in map and these will be under control of the picker.)

Level 10
March is an idea that I had from pirates of the caribbean 2 where people were going to die with the thing that I can't remember now and then a pirate march plays... I advice you to use warcraft 3's human song 3 because it fits more to a march.
Btw I can support you with my ideas whenever you want because this tag game is really fun and different from others. I hope this will be hosted often.

Level 10
Hello

Maybe a rune like: Invunareable Rune
then when ya gettin close to it , it will teleport a few inches away making u spend attetion on that leaving the pirates get you. Ofc after a few tryes it will been destroy'd.

I dont know if this has been said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.