• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RTS + map editor in the web - need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys, been a while and not really sure where to post this, but here goes:

I LOVED the huge variety of games available in WC3. It was this melting pot where anyone could contribute their own ideas to any map, put it up on Blizzard's servers, and get immediate feedback from strangers actually playing it. No where else are games like sheep tag, run kitty run, footie wars available to play. I miss playing them dearly. My goal is to recreate this environment through the web browser.

For one of my classes in college we are building a large, semester long software project of our choosing - and I'm taking this opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do: recreate the WC3 custom map gaming environment in the browser (aka in Chrome or Firefox).

This is where you come in: my team needs to stay in contact (until about mid-April I think) with people who might use the website to make and play games. You would give us feedback about our prototypes and designs, as well as input for which features and ideas are most important. You'd be testing the whole system for playing and making games - not just playtesting the game itself. Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.