• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this map good for training RTS skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am developing a map where you can develop essential skills in an RTS game.

This is not an RTS either and this is a boss fight. But you control multiple heroes and almost your controling an army.

So please help me. I want to know for you RTS players there if my map can serve as a good training ground.

If not tell me what I am lacking.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/master-strategy-v0-01-a-258571/

Level 21
Sorry to double post but here goes my opinion.

This doesn't teach you about RTS skills, this is more for RPG training skills. Very limited heroes don't represent armies at least not for me. I prefer the more simple old maps where you are given groups of wc3 units and have to defeat enemy AI/Player who has the same army or the map that allows both players to make their own armies and test different strategies.

Don't get me wrong your map is very good, though wish there was bigger pause choosing abilities for heroes and start of battle and tooltips are little odd (why sacrifice x amount mp instead, costs x amount mana). Maybe just to many imports though but that is my personal bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.