• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

RPG or cinematic?

What do you think World of Arcarius should be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Well the project is on hold atm, because my computers a bit broken, and before that I had little time to work on it because of school work and things. But now I have been thinking about if I should change it from an RPG to a cinematic, because of a few things.

1. I'm better at cinematics then RPGs.
2. An RPG like what I was hoping would take a very long time to make, without a very large team. A cinematic on the other hand would take no were near the same amount of time.
3. Because of the stuff the WEU did to all the triggers before, there has been almost no triggering done to the project, except I think the opening scene (which can easily be copied into the cinematic). I can also use the terrain I have done in the RPG.
4. The story would be exactly the same as the RPG.
5. Because it would be in seperate parts, the community would be able to get something out of the project alot quicker, unlike the RPG where I would have to complete almost all of the project before releasing anything, unless it was a demo which usualy arn't that good anyway),

Discuss what you think about this idea here, and vote in the poll.

Level 24
RPG dude, But screw WOA :p Make the map you told me about...

What, the one that was meant to entertain me for 2 weeks while my computer was being fixed? :grin:

Yea well maybe if I can make a large enough team I could do both, me making the cinematic mostly and helping a bit with the RPG, which would then be mostly made by other people.

As for another cinematic Archian, I have got that one for the maps n' mods contest I have to finish very soon, plus one which is nearly finished but I can't finish it till maps n' mods contest is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.