• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been thinking about this for a while, just wondered if it sounded fun...

I want to make an RPG that is highly interactive and is remotely like Fable, in that your choices affect everything around you. If you do evil deeds, people fear you and town guards attack you, if you do good, you are celebrated as a hero among your race. I also came up with the idea that you pick a character from one of the races of Warcraft 3(RoC, as my expansion disk is damaged): Human, High Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Troll, Ogre, Tauren, Undead, Night Elf, etc. After picking a race/faction, you would then pick a class, and then start in your race's capital city/main base, and the story would revolve around whatever race you picked. This is a very rough idea, and I will add more to it, but that is the main concept.

Level 12
I am down except with the race part...
I feel like you might get tired of making a town for EVERY FOKING RACE

I do like the idea though....
If your willing to spend time picking out units for every race then go for it...
Otherwise I think you should figure out a way to balance the combat and just make different classes/armor instead and make your hero able to imitate any others by getting different armors and weapons

ANd then magic....

Have you considered an Lock on system

Level 14
If you seriously want to mod/map for WC3, get the expansion. Since your disk is damaged but you have a legal copy of the game, there is not, in most countries, a legal problem with aquiring the game data again from otherwise illegal sources.

Anyway, such a map would be a hell of a lot of work. RDZ's linear RPGs take years to make, and non-linear RPGs are, far, far more complicated to make.

Level 15
Well, it is possible (to my knowledge) to make a "good/evil" standing system. You would need triggers that would well... trigger in certain situations. Depending on what you do at that moment in time, +1 (or any random number) will be added to a Good or Evil integer. Then, you could have a sort of "standing" with the people. Once an integer reaches a certain number, your standing will change. Lets not forget in order to get say Good, you need to have 0 Evil. About the "open" thing. Fable, believe it or not, was not OPEN. There was a storyline, true, and you could go about the quests in various ways, but is was linear, not OPEN. Games like Oblivion are true Open RPGs. What you want is a sandbox type game. Something like Grand Theft Auto, where you could roam the world doing what you please (with different consequences, of course) and, should you choose to, continue the "compelling" story through a LINEAR series of quests that take you to key people and places in order to continue said story.

Level 24
Sure it sounds like a good map. If you need help with class selection just ask me.

About the idea, it is a little common place.

Try to add a flare or have an interseting plot. For some RPG ideas take a look at the map "King of Dragons". This map is epically huge but contains some good ideas.

As I said if you need help with triggers just ask.

Level 27
I've been thinking about this for a while, just wondered if it sounded fun...

I want to make an RPG that is highly interactive and is remotely like Fable, in that your choices affect everything around you. If you do evil deeds, people fear you and town guards attack you, if you do good, you are celebrated as a hero among your race. I also came up with the idea that you pick a character from one of the races of Warcraft 3(RoC, as my expansion disk is damaged): Human, High Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Troll, Ogre, Tauren, Undead, Night Elf, etc. After picking a race/faction, you would then pick a class, and then start in your race's capital city/main base, and the story would revolve around whatever race you picked. This is a very rough idea, and I will add more to it, but that is the main concept.

Download the last patch manually, it would make you available to play TFT without cd. (If you don't have it installed then wtf)

Level 10
This would be rather hard to make, because I don't know a way to make a unit independent towards the other units, or if you are gonna, you will need to create a player for each race, and this will make the RPG empty of actual players.
The idea is good, but by the lack of details and the insecurity, I'm pretty sure this map will fall in disillusionism.

Level 2
I don't have it installed because we just got a new computer, and the disk has been broken for a looooooong time, so I'm going to have to get another copy or something, and it's not that hard to make a unit independent of everything else... It's a single player RPG, so I can just make townsfolk and stuff Neutral Passive. I'm putting a hold on the project for right now, because it is going to be really difficult, especially for a rookie like me to do, and without FT, it'll be even harder. Instead I'm going to make a campaign to get used to triggering and making quests, and then I will start on the actual RPG, which might end up being a continuation of the campaign.

Level 15
I believe there was a good tutorial by Rao Dao Zao (conformations?) that taught how to make a simple RPG, with a good creep respawn system, a weapon equipment system, and a system that lets NPCs SPEAK to you with random sentences. I think the latter would work for a more "realistic" game.

Level 7
rpg

This is like my old everquest map I made a looooong time ago. It has a pretty big npc unit base with respawns. Since i didnt know about the raise-lower terrain trick theirs alot of those wc3 cliffs :p.

The system for your aggro would be like this. Say theirs 7 factions-races.
set P1faction1 to 0 in begginning
Pick hero, if its human and faction 1 is elve faction will probably set to 5
Player kills said p1faction npc set p1faction1 to p1faction1(-1)
Unit comes within range of guards
p1faction is less then or equal to 2
Gaurds are ordered to attack player

Something like that. Ill probably look into my old rpg for fun. Theirs so much work left in it. I was copying everquest. Ended with like 4 fairly done PoP boss mobs where you get a key and loot for armor after killing it and the key allows you to get to the new boss.

Level 2
I think this is a fantastic idea, expect for having different quests for different races and different towns(Would end up with heaps of towns). Perhaps 2 capital cities would be better. and main quest that starts slightly differently then merges, otherwise you will make hundreds of quests and less than half will ever get played. Fantastic idea though :spell_breaker:

Level 4
Great game idea FABLE IS F-ING AWESOME(can't w8 4 the new one coming out soon either)
But if you're worried about the race thing.... start off making it only for one race, humans (just an example:wink:) and then after you release that as a working version, add more races...
Just make sure that your map has the potential for more races (i mean space wise and not having it over emphasised on that one race that you already have...
Basicly, just make sure it is a good map before you go wasting your time and focusing on quantity instead of quality.:thumbs_up:

Level 11
At last my thread has got useful! Read it! and I'm sure it'll help you using RoC since there's no spell-cast response event. And download No-CD from removed link led to illegal software and please excuse me if some pictures there are not decent, just don't click them.

And you can't download patch 1.21b , it can be downloaded from Battle.net only, and only war3s with legal CD-Key may enter Battle.net. So No-CD patch from battle.net is only for legal copies of the TFT.

Uhh, and I was planning to make something like this too... I know what to do:
list of races and heroes;
geographical map of the world;
map for each realm is not required;
list of situations;
(list of situations that turn you evil;)
(list of situations that turn you good;)
a sheet with notes where is written things you have to do in your map - have that sheet always read;
list of names for heroes and characters;
list of possible quests;
STORYLINE you need it to make the introducing cinematic that must look cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.