• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Map Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Bounty Hunters

First Post Edited:

Ok now this is my map idea and i will work on it
Bounty Hunters:

This will feature every player picks a bounty hero of any race, at start there will be only 1 hero for each basic race(Human, Orc, Undead , Night Elf, i will update as map progresses

So the thing is like you are in some forest and stuff, and you kill other heros to get bounties, the one that gets the gold goal will win.

So this is the basic idea, i'm planning on putting other features such as creeps special bounties that changes as time passes by, and special items that can be sold to a merchant

So what do you think? im actually starting to work on it

Bye

Last edited:
Level 11
If you arent that experienced with making maps i would not make a AoS because those require alot of time and planning (at least if you want it to be good). I would make a simple game, maybe tag or something. You could even make a mini game. If you make a simple game with a basic, but fun, objective then you would probably be more likely to actually finish it. I highly doubt that if you decided to make an AoS by yourself you would even come close to finishing it (no offense but its the truth) unless you are very determined. But its really your choice, just try to make something that is unique, the last thing anyone wants is a cheap copy of an already existing map.

Level 28
Take a "Run Kitty Run" map and rename it "Run Hacker Run".

Then release and GJ, your first map :p
You're trying to get his first map rejected? :p
I've rejected quite a few slide XXX slide maps, because they were all the same as the original RKR.

Okay, I think I also have something to say about this...
Since you intend to put it on the hive, you should be really sure about what to do.
There are a lot of AoS's, TD's and Mauls on the hive, if you fail to make that original, the map has a high chance to get rejected.

Do not start an RPG! I've done it myself for my first map, but it was insane!

Therefore, the best thing you can do is combining stuff nowadays...
Of course, by combining things, it will get harder, yet it's better than trying only 1 genre.

Another option is to fake originality... which is pretty hard :)
I recently had the idea for an escape that, instead of sliding units, featured dragons that were caught in a sudden hard wind and therefore were "sliding".
Of course, in that case you need some new features (like applying height, but I think you don't know JASS yet to calculate the height).

Basically:
Did you recently see any map that was quite original, but wasn't good? (most of the time those maps aren't famous, so you really need to search for them), if that's the case, you can adjust the idea just a little bit and make the finishing touch, so it is original and good.

If you have any ideas for combining genres, or faking originality, then go for it... no matter how stupid it may sound, quality humor is always good as well.

Level 9
Thanks for comments, i wasn't planning on making an aos i was just saying xD
Because i havent checked map section but im sure there are lots of aos and some are copies of others, (mostly DOTA)

So im checking map sections, for my first map, i will make a already one on my style or something, i'm gonna check for ideas ande make a map,of course i will customize it more enough to be approved,

Well i see what i can do, thanks for the comments,

Level 6
bounty hunter map.

all players will be asked to hunt a monster or person, first person to return it's head to the client gets the gold. you can kill the person who's holding it to get the head, and others can do it to you also. the person who gets the most bounties will win. there may be 20 bounties or something. first person to get 10 or something wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.