• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need idea for ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi
I work on my map and I try to make some hero it's like DotA, but some abilities are not good for my map and I need an idea.
now I working on Bounty Hunter and spell Track isn't good for my map and I don't have any idea.
pls help to make a good ability for this hero and match to my map and gameplay

Gameplay:
''my map has 4 teams (3 players to each team) and all team need to defend the team flag and steal enemy flag''

Level 12
Here are some ideas for a bounty hunter like hero:
1) Blink strike
2) Backstab (extra damage when hitting enemy from behind)
3) Shuriken
4) Shadow Image (creates image of the hero that mimics abilities and allows to swap position)
5) -- An ability that gives extra gold on hero kill
6) A modified windwalk that creates image of the hero when cast that automatically moves to random direction to create confusion among opponents
7) -- A skill that marks the target making it receive small percentage extra damage from a source of your choice. Could be physical damage/damage from the bounty hunter or extra damage from all sources.

Hi
I work on my map and I try to make some hero it's like DotA, but some abilities are not good for my map and I need an idea.
now I working on Bounty Hunter and spell Track isn't good for my map and I don't have any idea.
pls help to make a good ability for this hero and match to my map and gameplay

Gameplay:
''my map has 4 teams (3 players to each team) and all team need to defend the team flag and steal enemy flag''
Here's a cool idea:

Cheapshot
Moderate mana cost, short cooldown.

Deals moderate damage and temporarily silences a single target from melee range.
Every consecutive Cheapshot cast on the same target without targeting another unit deals 50% increased damage, up to 150%.
Non-heroic targets killed by Cheapshot award 50% additional gold and Experience.

Base damage can scale with attributes, attack damage and skill level.

Depending on how strict you are with balancing, you could also make it so Cheapshot drains 25% increased mana per consecutive cast, up to 75% or something.

I am the master of ideas, but derogatory dogshit at actually making things.

Level 15
Here are some ideas for a bounty hunter like hero:
1) Blink strike
2) Backstab (extra damage when hitting enemy from behind)
3) Shuriken
4) Shadow Image (creates image of the hero that mimics abilities and allows to swap position)
5) -- An ability that gives extra gold on hero kill
6) A modified windwalk that creates image of the hero when cast that automatically moves to random direction to create confusion among opponents
7) -- A skill that marks the target making it receive small percentage extra damage from a source of your choice. Could be physical damage/damage from the bounty hunter or extra damage from all sources.
I really love the idea of number 7, an ability that reduces armor like a reverse “elune’s grace” debuff could be really cool and easy to implement. In a way, it means that you could gear the hero towards playing a hybridized role between damage and support.

I am a huge fan of hybridizing roles in such games so I would highly recommend the one suggested by DoomBlade!

I have many and much more ideas though.

Hit me up whenever you need something, I got like close to 60 ideas 😂

Quick Shiv
Low mana cost, no cast time, short cooldown.
Stabs a target, dealing low damage that increases by 10% for each point of armor the target has.
When cast on the same target in rapid succession, inflicts a stackable bleeding effect that deals little damage over a long duration.
(3 stacks maximum)

Shadowstep
High mana cost, medium cooldown, instant cast.
Significantly increases the Bounty Hunter's movement speed, critical hit chance and evasion rate for a short duration (8 sec).
Causes the next ability cast by an enemy on the Bounty Hunter to be nullified.
'Quick Shiv' is replaced with 'Relentless Strike' for the duration of Shadowstep.
Shadowstep cannot be dispelled.

Relentless Strike
Average mana cost, Changes back to Quick Shiv after 1 cast.
Deals moderate damage to a single target from melee range that increases by 20% for each point of armor the target has.
Inflicts 2 stacks of Quick Shiv's bleed effect to the target that do not count towards the cap.
Casting Relentless Strike extends the duration of Shadowstep by 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.