• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Game Mode idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok so the title says all, i need the idea for a mode of the game. But before you think of a mode please take a time to read what my map is.
So my map consists of 3 teams that fight with each other. Each team is the different element: team 1 - fire and ice; team 2 - nature and earth; team 3 - light and darkness. The game is most likely like DotA but has more lines because of 3 teams. So the terrain where creeps are moving is like a triangle. All other space is wood, where are a lot of neutral creeps.

So now you know some information and i guess this might help with modes for a map. But i can also tell my other modes so you don't say same.

Avatar: one of the heroes becomes full of rage and receives bonus damage and movement speed, next one will become avatar who kills previous one.
Capture the Flag: find and capture the flag and bring it back to base to receive bonus gold for your team.
Elemental Totems: 6 mighty totems are summoned at the map controlling each element. If you defeat them all they will use their powers to summon a powerful hero, that will kill everyone who dares to stand in his way.
Neutral Victim: a random hero becomes an enemy for all players, but he receives a very strong abilities to survive alone without any help. Kill him to become the victim and receive 500 gold.

Please help me i have no ideas left... But please i don't need modes like random heroes or modes where i pick some other way heroes.
And of course +rep to helpers.

Level 15
Armor of Legend - find 6 parts of the Armor of Legend, to get an insanely powerful artifact. 1 part will drop from enemy heroes, another - from allied towers, third - from a quest, fourth - hidden somewhere on the map, fifth - guarded by uber monster, sixth - bought for a pile of gold at your base, after you have bought all upgrades or smth

Common Threat - every several minutes, an army of demons (or whatever) will attack the map. Invaders' strength scales with amount and level of heroes, so it would be wise to stop PvP until invaders are dead. Invaders drop some nice loot.

Sky's Falling! - meteors drop on random spots of the map, dealing fatal damage. Sometimes, before a meteor drops, a chest spawns beneath him. Chests contains nice loot... and slowing debuff. Better items from thise chests may also attract meteors.

Rituals of Blood - each team receives a "prophecy" coded in a poem, describing places where a unit (any - NPC, ally, enemy) must be killed, in order to complete the ritual. (places form patterns - stars or letters or numbers). Completing the ritual grants big buffs to all heroes on that side.
Also, merchants spawn, selling special items, that, if dropped on a place where a kill is needed, disrupt the ritual (And it must be started all over again). Key to this mode is not only to get kills in required areas before your enemies will, but also try and understand the pattern of their rituals, in order to disrupt them.

Soul Bargain - an outworldy being of untold power offers a pact to a Hero that founds it altar and defeats a powerful guardian (must be done solo, otherwise the guardian will despawn), granting him immense power, at cost of his soul (aka ability to resurrect after killed). If killed, the Hero will turn into a terrible monster, which will attack anyone near him. If the monster dies, the altar becomes usable again. (yeah, that's similar to your Avatar).

Riches Corrupting - every time a Hero gains an item or his gold rise above a level of 100 (200, 300, 400, etc), a special counter increases by 1. Every several minutes, an army of monsters attacks all bases, their amount scaling with that special counter.

Level 14
No Reinforcements:
Hero only combat (heros are buffed)

Overrun:
Twice as many spawns

Gaia's Rage:
~Allows for multiple 'weathers' of sorts to occur randomly and/or simultaneously, generally near units
-Skyfall: (Combo of Starfall, Blizzard, Monsoon, and Rain of Fire) Affects random, moderate sized areas.
-Unstable Ground: (Combo of Earthquake, FlameStrike, Silence [no spells or attack damage], and Impale [repeated until other 2 end]) Affects random, moderate sized areas.

Leaderless:
No heroes, only spawns (which players can control). Difficulty lies in players trying to coordinate attacks, as conflicting orders can occur.

//\\oo//\\

Level 4
Ideas

Artifact Mode
Every 5 minutes miniboss will spawn in random location. Killing the mini-boss will give your group piece of artifact. There are 5 pieces of artifact. When your group will have all pieces it can unsleash The Ancient Guardian at the enemy base.
Riddle Mode
At the beggining of the game each group will recive a "Riddle" and some items that are needed to complete it. Example of the Riddle:
"When the sun will go down, there will be much blood.
And the melted stones will raise as the bats will darken the skies!

It means that the group must follow the blood on the earth to the place that the bats will fly and defeat the infernals there.
Completing a riddle will add some new units to the group spawns.

Level 3
Here is just some of my suggestions (change name + edit... whatever)

Resource Horse - Start with 500 gold (or whatever) and if a hero dies, they lose 100 gold and once they run out of money, the player loses. If a player kills another player, they gain 100 gold.

Force of Nature - There will be random weather occurring every so often, each having a different effect. Weather could be
Fog - reduces line of sight
Wind - slightly reduces movement and attack speed.
Heavy Rain - Lower the armor of units and heros
Blizzard - Movement and attack speed as well as sight are greatly impaired
Tornado - a tornado wrecks havoc in a random area
Earthquake - Damage everything in the map

Those are all weather I can think of for a minute.

Special Delivery - a random player is given an item and has to make it to a certain area to win. If a player kills him, that player gets the artifact.

Killzone - All spawns are increased by whatever amount.

POMD - A random player is selected to blow up a certain area every so often (can not blow up base though.)

Level 12
Wow that's a lot of ideas, okay i'll start checking them out.
Edit: okay lets see:
From Trillium:
Armor of Legend - find 6 parts of the Armor of Legend, to get an insanely powerful artifact. 1 part will drop from enemy heroes, another - from allied towers, third - from a quest, fourth - hidden somewhere on the map, fifth - guarded by uber monster, sixth - bought for a pile of gold at your base, after you have bought all upgrades or smth
this one is great, i like it.
Common Threat - every several minutes, an army of demons (or whatever) will attack the map. Invaders' strength scales with amount and level of heroes, so it would be wise to stop PvP until invaders are dead. Invaders drop some nice loot.
might use this too.
Rituals of Blood - each team receives a "prophecy" coded in a poem, describing places where a unit (any - NPC, ally, enemy) must be killed, in order to complete the ritual. (places form patterns - stars or letters or numbers). Completing the ritual grants big buffs to all heroes on that side.
Also, merchants spawn, selling special items, that, if dropped on a place where a kill is needed, disrupt the ritual (And it must be started all over again). Key to this mode is not only to get kills in required areas before your enemies will, but also try and understand the pattern of their rituals, in order to disrupt them.
and this one is the best, but i guess i need to learn some poems first, just to make sure everything is like prophecy.

From Boris_Spider:
Leaderless:
No heroes, only spawns (which players can control). Difficulty lies in players trying to coordinate attacks, as conflicting orders can occur.
might consider using, but this will lead to misunderstanding of players which control same units.

From Shockwaver:
Riddle Mode
At the beggining of the game each group will recive a "Riddle" and some items that are needed to complete it. Example of the Riddle:
"When the sun will go down, there will be much blood.
And the melted stones will raise as the bats will darken the skies!
It means that the group must follow the blood on the earth to the place that the bats will fly and defeat the infernals there.
Completing a riddle will add some new units to the group spawns.
really interesting, hope it won't lead to lags when placing and removing blood.

From PlasmaSnake:
Force of Nature - There will be random weather occurring every so often, each having a different effect. Weather could be
Fog - reduces line of sight
Wind - slightly reduces movement and attack speed.
Heavy Rain - Lower the armor of units and heros
Blizzard - Movement and attack speed as well as sight are greatly impaired
Tornado - a tornado wrecks havoc in a random area
Earthquake - Damage everything in the map

Those are all weather I can think of for a minute.
sure this one will be cool, but i prefer instead of tornado, wind, because tornado might probably will cause lags.

Special Delivery - a random player is given an item and has to make it to a certain area to win. If a player kills him, that player gets the artifact.
like some quest. Nice. But not to certain area, to some unit, so hero will be a courier.

Okay thanks a lot, you all deserve a rep. See you in Credits in my map (everyone is there who helps in any way).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.