• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounty Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Current Stage: Alpha 0.7 (Game mechanics)

Made new thread to post my proyect
So i got my idea, i was watching icons and stuff and i thougth of this, i don't know if this idea is used (althought it seems as a very generic idea)

Ok now this is my map idea and i will work on it
Bounty Hunters:

This will feature every player picks a bounty hero of any race, at start there will be only 1 hero for each basic race(Human, Orc, Undead , Night Elf, i will update as map progresses

So the thing is like you are in some forest and stuff, and you kill other heros to get bounties, the one that gets the gold goal will win.

So this is the basic idea, i'm planning on putting other features such as creeps special bounties that changes as time passes by, and special items that can be sold to a merchant

So what do you think? im actually starting to work on it

Bye

Last edited:
Level 9
Well im starting on the map, right now im making the 4 heroes, but i need to know something

Spells must be MUI? but since there are only 1 hero abilities i shouldn't or should i?
well before i clear that i will only use not trigger abilities, just for start and test,

And story i kinda have something:

"Vagzre, the best assasin in the world, known ny his eternal life, called all the best bounty hunters in all the dimensions, somehow, he managed to gather most of them,he created a Tournament for all the hunters to fight between them to see the most powerfull to be bhis succesor, the one that would gather the amount of gold that he asked would get the medallion of shadows, the powerfull artifact source of his abilites and inmortality.

Now the fight begins."

Well that should be, also there will be background story for the heros when completed

Bye

Level 11
man this map sounds bad and you have no idea what your doing, go to tutorials and read up about mui, gui, jass and all the others

Level 15
If your spells aren't MUI you will just experience more lag...
Don't mislead the guy. Spell lag is caused by leaks, which I assume you have knowledge about.

MUI means that more than 1 unit can cast it at once. For example, Hero A uses spell A and Hero B uses Spell A also. If the spell isn't MUI, neither of the spells will run buglessly. If there is only 1 hero which uses each of your spells, it's ok. Instant-Cast spells (stuff that does whatever it does in an instant) are generally MUI.

Simple concept, but nice. I wish you luck!

Level 15
Don't mislead the guy. Spell lag is caused by leaks, which I assume you have knowledge about.

MUI means that more than 1 unit can cast it at once. For example, Hero A uses spell A and Hero B uses Spell A also. If the spell isn't MUI, neither of the spells will run buglessly. If there is only 1 hero which uses each of your spells, it's ok. Instant-Cast spells (stuff that does whatever it does in an instant) are generally MUI.

Simple concept, but nice. I wish you luck!

Actually i though since he doesn't know exactly what MUI means,i shouldn't confuse him more,so i just told this simple,no MUI=more lag when spells are casted.Tutorials can help him learn more....

Level 9
Well i will focus on spells at the end

Now, there is a way to change the prices of items via triggers at some elapsed time?

There will be some price changes as time passes by so a player can sell an item at it's highest price, the item could be an equipment or just a creep loot(like a troll axe, furbolg fur, etc.)

So plz answer fast

Oh and regarding the map, the terrain(small) is kinda finished, i miss only doodads in forest but there are lot of doodads in the 4 corners that are different places (ex, one corner is like a beach, the other is a ice cave). Also i put leaderboard thing, creeps respawn after 30 secs. now im working on showing when a units kills another (in quest hint text) and im gonna study multiboards that are more complicated to put them on game

well any1 that wants to help is totally welcome

Well this is if you wanna see
beachq.png

icesniper.png

Sniper skin is from black_stan

Bye

Last edited:
Level 9
Well no posts uh? i suppose no one is going to help

-well now heroes revive after 15 seconds with respective timer windows

-every 60 seconds there is a chance that a special creep(shadow wolf is the only one now) will spawn and run to any point of the map, it is strong and fast, but when you kill him you get his paws that are worth 500 money.

-every 3 minutes, there is an event. (right now there is only 1, Forest gather: you go into a small forest with other players with 10 life. every 2 seconds a gold coin spawns on the forest, every time some1 dies it droppes all the gold gathered on the event, so you must use your stealth skills, (wind walk and hide. every hero has them available at start) to get the most amount of gold without getting killed

So now there are no items, and only 1 hero is playable (Ice Sniper, she has only normal-based abilities, no triggers: Ice arrow(shockwave) Ice Shard (Far sight) MArksman(increase attack range) and ltimate Aim Shot(Storm Bolt)

So any ideas for other mini-games? and it's prizes?
comment plx

Level 15
About heroes...how about adding different fade time to each one in Hide?So...there would be better and worst heroes.You could make those who have long fade time in Hide to get Higher Critical damage from Windwalk.About bosses,you could create some of them to special location in your map,and if they are not reachable a player could type -boss1,-boss2 and be transfered to the bosses and fight them?And last about the special events how about mini games?

Level 2
I could make heroes for you if you want, but i dont know anything about triggered spells.. I always wanted to make a map, am currently working on one but it takes kind of a very long time to even get the game to work with a few Units/Heroes. So i would like to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.