• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NightShift - AoS - Need some Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey
Well I started woking on this map, NightShift.
It's an AoS I am making. The thing is, every idea I come up with looks so.... Dota-ish.
So I would need some help making it more unique.

The basic idea is that you have 3 lanes which in units will walk. There are 2 forces, Day Force and Night Force, with their own heroes.
The Terrain will not look like the one of DotA.

Goal
Your goal is to get through the lanes to the other teams base. Here I need some help; I would not like to have towers like in DotA, but some other kind of system.
When you have arrived to the other teams base, you will have to defeat their leader. This 'Leader' is not particulary hard (And Will be scaled after how many players there is), but he does require some basic movement tactics etc.
Also in the game, there will be 2 other bosses, one Ice boss, and one Fire boss. These require a bit more tactics, but when defeated, they will give the 'killing team' various loot and 1000 gold to each player. So these are something you would do in the middle of the game.

To also change this a bit from DotA, the creeps that will be sent through the lanes are more important than in DotA. In DotA, creeps are unimportant and you are supposed to focus on killing heroes and towers.
In NightShift, these creeps will award much more gold, and will sometimes drop recipe items. Still it is important to kill the other teams heroes, and you will be awarded plenty for this, also.

Bount Hunting
I will also add a 'Bounty Hunting Quest System'.
This system works like this;
You take the bounty hunting quest from a NPC in your base.
A random hero from the other team is picked, and you have 2-3 minutes (Or infinite time, haven't decided yet) to kill this hero. You will then go deliver the quest, and will recieve the killed heroes kills x 50 gold(For example).
Items will not be particulary unique, I will make every item myself, but still they won't be anything new. A combination/recipe system.

I do need some Hero ideas. Right now, I am just trying to make every spell and Hero unique, with interesting spells. I am not a master triggerer/JASSer, but I will try to make use of custom spells. Each Hero will atleat have one custom spells, and alot of normal spells customized alot.
Here is an example Hero, which I fund interesting when making;

Hale the Hungerer - Magic Thief
- Mana Boost - Hale transfer some of his mana to a friendly unit.
- Manashatter - Each attack made by Hale destroys a certain amount of the targets mana.
- Spellbreak - Hale curses the targets limbs, decreasing its attack and movement speed.
- Anti-Magic Shell - Hale creates a barrier around himself, rendering him immune to all spells.

Hale has very fast attack speed, but his damage is pretty low, and his movement speed is also low. This makes the Magic Thief a great hero to teamwork with;

Manashatter destroys targets mana with each attack. He moves slow but attacks fast, so the key is to use Spellbreak to slow the unit down, and get some attacks in, which will destroy pretty much all of the targets mana.
Now that the target has no Mana, it is very weak, and this is where a teammate is needed. Hale can't really kill, since he has no damaging spells. So a spellcaster teammate would be awsome.
The spellcaster casts a 'nuke' spell on the enemy and starts attacking. The enemy won't stand much chance since it has no mana.
The enemy dies, and Hales transfers some of his Mana to the spellcaster.

To do for Alpha Version
-Complete atleast 5 heroes for each team.
-Have the Bounty Hunting system pretty much clear
-All multiboards/chat commands ready
-Terrain ready, or atleast the Terrain construction
-Main bosses and bases done
-The most basic items, and some more advanced ones.
-Complete atleast half of all creeps and some of their upgrades.

So I need some ideas or everything. Bring me your best :D +rep for the most useful ideas!

Attachments

• LoadScreenJAO.jpg
    LoadScreenJAO.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 10
Oltarus the Holy Muse: He is a unit that relies on his magic playing music to defeat his foes some of his spells might include...

Soothing tune: Puts an enemy unit to sleep by playing soft and comforting music.

Sound Wave: Send multiple waves of sound waves at an enemy meaning he will sound one wave and another wave will follow and has a chance to stun as it is upgraded.

Calming tune.: This is a self-spell where the Muse plays his favorite song and his health regenerates over time slowly.

Beckoning Tune: The Muse plays such a tune that a llarge beast attracted to his tune comes to his aide to help him.

I have more ideas But I figure i better wait until you see how you like this one!

Level 15
Oltarus the Holy Muse: He is a unit that relies on his magic playing music to defeat his foes some of his spells might include...

Soothing tune: Puts an enemy unit to sleep by playing soft and comforting music.

Sound Wave: Send multiple waves of sound waves at an enemy meaning he will sound one wave and another wave will follow and has a chance to stun as it is upgraded.

Calming tune.: This is a self-spell where the Muse plays his favorite song and his health regenerates over time slowly.

Beckoning Tune: The Muse plays such a tune that a llarge beast attracted to his tune comes to his aide to help him.

I have more ideas But I figure i better wait until you see how you like this one!

Thanks alot for the Idea!
I would call it the "Bard" (Have two holy heroes already), but still nice!
And if you could come out with another Ultimate ability it'd be awsome (Or I will(I already have an ability of that kind for another hero ;)))

But thanks, +rep :)

Bring me more! :)

Level 10
Bhurzan the hermit: This unit has spent long times alone in secluded woods and is quite the mysterious person who is known for carrying a wooden staff...

Staff slam: Hit his staff on the ground causing the earth around him to rise up stunning enemy units. (For this spell if you choose it I woud recommend doing a really nice rock model)

Twirl: The Hermit twirls around hitting his foes with his staff with great force during combat. (As a passive spell would probably work best)

Nature Call: Summons for an animal from the forest that cannot be damaged but can heal the hermit and nearby ally units.

Ultimate:??? No ideas for this atm XD

Level 15
Bhurzan the hermit: This unit has spent long times alone in secluded woods and is quite the mysterious person who is known for carrying a wooden staff...

Staff slam: Hit his staff on the ground causing the earth around him to rise up stunning enemy units. (For this spell if you choose it I woud recommend doing a really nice rock model)

Twirl: The Hermit twirls around hitting his foes with his staff with great force during combat. (As a passive spell would probably work best)

Nature Call: Summons for an animal from the forest that cannot be damaged but can heal the hermit and nearby ally units.

Ultimate:??? No ideas for this atm XD

Thank you, will use that! :D

Level 10
Hargan The War Mongerer: This barbarian comes from the depths of the harsh and unforgiving environment.

Club:(passive ability) The Mongerer has the chance to stun the enemy and can get some critical strikes later in the level up.

Hatred: (passive aura) Gives plus armor and damage to the Mongerer.

Shout: Causes nearby enemy units to slow down and get less armor and damage.

Battle Fury: (ultimate) The Mongerer becomes so enraged he almost becomes a different person and for a short period of time can barely be stopped.

Level 8
From my Map (an Aos) which i dropped today (so no further development of it):

->On the map there are several buildings being captureable

->On hero kill u get one lumber

->With this you can buy trophys

->Put trophys down at these buildings from Step1

->Gain an Alliance with the race living there

->The Alliance provides an additional spawn for you
(like you gain alliance with orcs , you gain 1 grunt(all extra spawns with cool abilities(not imba one's)) extra as spawn on everylane in every wave till other team put more trophys there or destroy yours)
with this heros also need to defend these "neutral buildings" to gain bonuses which helps them winning

Level 6
One thing you could do to make it a little more "unique", instead of three lanes you could have one big battlefield with catapults healers and archers etc. Also making the creeps drop items or collectibles that you can trade for magical gear? Just an idea :)

Level 15
Thanks, all of you! :)

Saia_Djinn, think I will use your idea with buildings being captureable, providing an extra spawned unit for that team. Thanks!

Mcasdf, well I will use three lanes, but I got this idea, that the middle lane will be the shortest one, but in the middle, there will be a "Void-Chaos" thingy. If you walk inside of this, you have a chance to be instantly killed (Or get a debuff, take damage, something like that).

But I will work with creeps more, by making them sometimes drop items, such as reagents required to make weapons, or a small health potion etc.

Thanks!

Level 6
No problem, about the "void thingy" you could make it random teleport you to a location, add a debuff or a buff. Instant kill or full heal. So if you are being chased and you know you won't make it you run in to it and hope for the best :p

Also the creeps could be lead be commanding creeps, an AI hero with some skills. Like auras and aoe attacks.

Events things, like your base needs wood all the time and a huge flood lays both teams wood harvesting to waste, making all creeps to change. Like more melee units and creeps get hostile (if you are using wood creeps like in DotA). :)

Level 15
Wow, your idea pwns :p
I will implent, so whenever a hero enters the circle, there will be a 50/50% (or 25/75%) chance that you will be Killed/Full hp. That will make it pretty interesting :)

Think I will have some kind of events also. Maybe not a flood, but perhaps snow storm, slowing all units down, or stuff like that.
Thanks alot!

PS. Attached the (WIP) loading screen to the first post. Check it out!

Level 15
Yeah, I will :)
This is my current idea (Inspired by you)

There will first be sent (For example) 3 footman-unit-types, and perhaps one or two ranged unit types, like a simple archer. From a "main building" you can upgrade the units sent.

There will be 3 lanes (With the middle one being the one with the Void zone). The 2 outer lines will each have a captureable building. The team who has this building will receive one extra "magic" type unit with special abilities (Different units for each of these two buildings).
In addition, since there will be 2 neutral bosses on the map, by killing on of those you will also receive a special type unit.
Also, I might have, so every teams fifth, tenth or whatever kill will upgrade their units.

:D

Level 6
Instead of towers you could have those void thingies but capturable. It will take long time to capture it and it needs at least one hero. When you have captured a void stone (or whatever it is) it will only target the enemy. But it can't be captured for ever, it will have a timer and when it ends it will target both teams.

Level 15
Hmm, well I'll see.
You see, I realised that I may be adding to much, making the game too complicated and unbalanced. For example, you are just five players on each team; that means you will probably have 1-2 on each lane. Since the two outer lanes will have the captureale buildings, you would probably have 2, or 3, players to defend the buildings you have or attack the buildings you don't have.

And also, since killing the 2 neutral bosses is a key to victory (atleast killing one of them), you will at some times need to abandon the defence and send some players to defeat the boss(es). I have been thinking, that with full game (5v5), it will take about 3 players to defeat a boss.

And I want to keep the game simple and not too messy, so I'll pass on that one :p Thanks anyway xD

Level 8
Grawd, the Ogre Giant
STR>AGI>INT

Berserk
Type: Active, Self target
Hotekey: Q
Animation: Battleroar on click, berserk buff animation for duration
Description: Grawd goes berserk, attacking and moving faster.
Triggering: I suppose you'd have to use different effects and wait for the buff to dissapear.

Earthslam
Type: Active, Point target
Hotkey: W
Animation: Warstomp at Grawd, shockwave missile
Description: Grawd slams the ground, creating a shockwave of destructive force that slows and damages units in a line.
How to trigger: A 1 second buff that causes a locust to slow the unit that has it.

Hardened Club
Type: Passive
Hotkey(Learn): E
Animation: Possibly a rock on grawd's club?
Description: Gives a chance that each attack will result in the earth breaking, stunning nearby enemy land units.
How to trigger: Random number between 1 and 100 is equal to X, create locust at attacked unit, order to warstomp (nodamage)

Warpath
Type: Active, Self Target
Hotkey: R
Animation: Fire in his hands?
Description: Grawd goes on a warpath, granting him spell immunity and causing him to take reduced damage. Whilst on a warpath, Grawd tramples trees.
Triggering: Again, just throw together other spells using locusts and wait for the buff to dissipear. To trample trees, give him immolation with tree targets.

Level 8
Milana, The Priestess of Elune
INT>AGI>STR

Elune's Judgement
Type: Active, Unit Target
Hotkey: Q
Animation: That moon thingy during starfall over unit.
Description: Grants a target unit increased speed if it is an ally but reduced speed if it is an enemy.

Star Shower
Type: Active, AoE target
Animation: Rain of fire, but with starfalls
Creates a shower of stars in an area. The stars deal damage and reduce armour upon hit.

Eye of Elune
Type: Summon
Hotkey: E
Animation: Restore Mana over summon
Description: Creates an eye of Elune at the priestesses feet. The eye has truesight and is invisible. You can only have a certain amount of eyes

Elune's Servant
Hotkey(Learn): R
Animation: Brilliance aura
Description: Increases mana regeneration and armour of nearby units. The more units in the aura, the greater the mana reg/armour bonus.

Level 8
Toa, the Runemaster
INT>STR>AGI
(Only one rune can be active at a time)

Rune of Flames
Type: Active, Self Target
Animation: Flames on weapon
Description: The runemaster imbues the element of fire into his blade, causing his hits to be faster and deal DoT.
+attackspeed, DoT effect

Rune of Thunder
Type: Active, Self target
Animation: Electricity on weapon
The runemaster imbues the element of thunder into his blade, causing his hits to be stronger and burn mana.
+Damage, mana burn effect

Rune of Ice
Type: Active, Self cast
Animation: Ice on weapon
Description: The runemaster imbues the element of ice into his blade, causing his defensiveness to rise and his attacks to slow.
+Armour, slow effect

Runestrike
Type: Active, enemy cast
Animation: flamestrike/thunderclap/frostnova on target
Description: Strikes a target with ultimate force, channeling his current rune into it. Deals XXX damage and (fire) causes massive damage over time, (storm) burns XXX mana or (ice) stuns and reduces armour.

Level 15
Thank you :) Think I will use that :)

Btw, about the map progress, I am almost done with the terrain and some triggers. I got 6 heroes ready atm.

If any GUI or JASS spellwriter/maker would be interested in making a few spells, please, tell me. This map is ambicious, and I could use some help where I am weak :3

Level 8
Pebbles, the Stone Titan
STR>AGI>INT

Earthquake
Type: Active, No Target
Animation: Earthquake at feet
Description: The Titan's steps rumble the earth, causing nearby enemy units to be slowed and take minor damage.

Boulder Throw
Type: Active, Point Target
Animation: Rock missile
The titan throws a boulder. The first unit it hits is stunned and damaged.

Regeration
Animation: None
Description: The titan regenerates faster than any other, the lower his health, the faster his regeneration.

Ultimate Taunt
Type: Active
Animation: Taunt on use
Description: Taunts all nearby enemies to attack you. Also gives the titan spell immunity and increased armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.