• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contribute hero ideas for AoS Game! SOTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have this idea of building an Aeon of STrife map inspired by DOTA, which name will be SOTA, but it is not an acronym. Just Sota.
I do well with inventing my own heroes, but I am interested in what teh community would want to see.
No, I can't make a second Dota, it's something different.
Give me your ideas of what heroes coem to your mind, engage your imaginations.
I will include a quote of a similar post of mine to make it easier:

Stan0033 said:
Main attribute:
intelligence/strength/agility
Main role:damage and/or healer and/or support(buff giver)
and/or tank
Attack range is: melee/short range/long range
Attack speed is:slow/medium/fast
Text text that text

Text text that text

Text text that text

Text text that text

Additional mechanics: for example constantly decreasing mana/health/ cannot regenerate mana/health/has fixed mana/no mana/area attack/attack has bonus against/weak against/classification of unit, can attack only land or air/can attack trees, cannot be affected by mana Potion/can walk on water etc etc
Your comment on the hero:
(new) suggested resources: (models of units/sfx/icons/skins/spells)

I will write here the ideas so far:
Strength: 1
Agility: 0
Intelligence: 0

Please format your hero like I formatted it in the pattern!

Last edited:
Level 24
Hero name: Podge
Hero class: Tank
Brief history/description: He likes to hug stuff and be fat, his favorite hobby is gloating about how good he is and how his teamates are worthless.
Main attribute: str
Main role: tank
Attack range is:melee
Attack speed is:slow
Attack type is: normal
Normal ability 1: Flesh Heap - Kills give more str permanently
Normal ability 2: True Skill - Compares and show how many kills you have compared to your teamates
Hero ability 1: Hook - Sends out a hook towards target point, dragging any unit that it hits. If the hook doesn't hit anything it, it will home in on the closest unit until something is hooked.
Hero ability 2: Rot - Spreads decay around the hero, dealing damage to nearby enemies and itself. If below 10% hp he will instantly deny himself.
Hero ability 3: Magic Resist - Increases magic resistance, synergy with rot.
Ultimate ability: Munchies - Melee range spell. Target a unit to consume flesh from it. Restoring some of your own and stunning the unit in the process. Podge is magic immune during munchies.

Level 39
This is absolutely a necessary class in AoS and MOBA games. Damage dealers and supports need someone to be their frontline. That it was an intentionally blatant Pudge ripoff went over your head?

You don’t need details. I’m just asking people!
If you expect relevant/effective suggestions then yes you do need to give details. I’m not saying to describe your entire vision... but even something like “it’s an aos of gnomes vs giants set in the sunken temple tileset with lots of water. Heroes level up a personal boat when they gain levels and sometimes things similar to Battleships happen.” There now I have an idea of the general gist of your map. I might suggest heroes that interact with boats in a novel way, or conclude that a naga hero that summons hordes of fish minions is relevant.

Do you see why giving no framework for the suggestions you want doesn’t help you here? FFS I don’t even know that str/agi/int function the same in your proposed map. Are there hireable units? Are items a big focus or a little focus? Are there jungle creeps or just lanes? Do you expect players to work in pairs or solo? Are you using anything novel like a debuff system as in Rising_Dusk’s Desert of Exile? All of this informs what kind of heroes you might want in your map. I’m trying to help but you’re not giving me anything to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.