• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Submit your OWN HERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I like the idea of this spell, if there's any way to get this done then I would like to see this get in - being able to hit multiple targets would be pretty realistic and cool.

I'll try.

I'm not willing to make another list for only 2 new things, so I'll say them outright.

The White Serpent Sorcerer is now accepted.

The Psychic Seal seems too silly to me. I'm thinking of adding him in as an easter egg (a secret hero), but for now he's marked as rejected.

Adding my fourth hero. Trying to get at least one/day.

Hero Name: Myriad
Class Name: Maiden of Justice
Model: Warden hero with this skin
Strength
Melee
Tank/Support

Backstory: After seeing her entire family, as well as her entire village, burned to the ground by an insane wizard, Myriad abandoned her civilian life in a new cause, the one of justice. Haunted by her past, she fights with unending zeal in an attempt to find closure for the tragedy that happened many years ago.

Name: Whirling Blade
Flavor: With her magic-infused weapon, Myriad throws a blade that slices her enemies, then returns to her.
Effect: The blade goes outward in a line, then returns, dealing X damage both ways.
Icon: Moon Glaive
Graphic: Plan to use this model, if it spins horizontally.

Name: Impenetrable Defense
Flavor: Toughens the Maidens armor in the defense of those who need protection, and counters enemies that dare attack her.
Effect: Increases the Maiden's armor for a short time, dealing damage to enemies that attack her.
Icon: Maiev Icon
Graphic: The armor buff.

Name: Blood of the Innocent
Flavor: The innocent shall be protected, and the guilty shall suffer.
Effect: Passively increases the armor of the Maiden of Justice, and grants a X% bonus to attack and movement speed whenever an allied unit dies nearby.
Icon: This bloody icon.
Graphic: The speed bonus looks like bloodlust, that's it.

Ultimate: Zeal
Flavor: Myriad's fervor is unmatched. In protection of law and justice, she will slice through any ally of chaos.
Effect: Her attacks reduce the target's armor by X and reveals them to the Maiden. In addition, her attacks will increase her attack speed by X for X seconds. The attack speed buff stacks.
Icon: Shadow Strike
Graphic: None

Go for more strength, or ranged agility perhaps.

Last edited:

Well it seems pretty impossible to make it do that and still deal the normal attack damage so let me change it up a bit

Spell 3: Wave Frequency Gun - Autocast (base it off Searing Arrows)
Backstory: Nothing is more embarrassing for a Goblin then asking another to build something for them - luckily Gyro had his "Confidence" close by with the safety off
While activated, Gyro's gun shoots 2 projectiles - its normal bullets and a special wave frequency. The wave projectile damages all enemies it comes into contact with dealing x (20 - 60) damage moving in a straight path (the same path as the normal attack).

-Heres how you can do this - whenever the unit autocasts the spell with the attacks you use the target unit as the reference point for this spell. Create a dummy unit at the casters position and make it cast the altered shockwave spell at the point where the target unit was, then remove it. That way along with the normal attack which still deals it's damage, the second wave projectile is fired.

That should be easier/more possible

Also check out this skin for your last hero:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/nightelfdeathknight_by67chrome-blp-122534/?prev=search%3Ddeath%2520knight%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Level 11
Information

Name: Unknown
Class: Burglar/Outcast
Race: High Elf
Model: HalduronBrightwing.mdx
Main Stat: Agility
Role: Ranged/Supporitve
Lore
An outcast of the high elven empire. Although his history is hidden deep within he once told me he was deceived in the most horrible way. The once proud and courageous man is now spending his time burgling about. He does not at all like it but he has got no option as an exiled high elven warrior.

Here be more lore.
Concentration - [Active]

Causes the Hero to attack at an excessively rapid rate under a short amount of time. Duration and attack rate increase with level.
Plunder - [Passive]

Passively grants a minor gold loot for each successful strike which deals damage. Salvage ratio increase with level.
Shadow Meld - [Active]
Insert icon of sneakiness
Stops the Hero from auto-acquiring enemies, allowing it to blend into the shadows and remain unseen at night. Fade time decrease with level.
Edge of Perfection - [Passive]
Insert icon of an arrow point
Permanently increases the attack range of the unit. Also grants a major stat bonus to the Hero's total Agility.
I've kept to basic skills, only the ultimate needs triggered effects. I like the simple and so are the spells. The lore could be changed and developed, personally I don't have time at the moment (feel free to edit).

Yours,
Chizume

Level 8
Since you need a more strength/ranged, here's a Ranged strength hero :D

Hero Name: Leafwhisper
Class Name: Forestwarder
Model: Night Elf Ancient protector
Strength
Range (400) (With a rock missile )
Dmg/Support

Backstory: After his woods were cut down by goblins, Leafwhisper has decided to go on a path of war, until he finds another community, that will accept him.

Name: Incapacitating Boulders
Flavor: The Forestwarder has immense power, dazing his targets with every hit.
Effect: Lasts for x seconds when activated , has X percent chance on every attack made, to slow the enemy's movement speed for X percent, and attack speed for X percent. Also ads a minor amount of damage to every attack.
Icon: Throw Boulder
Graphic: Should use the boulder from the neutral hostile spell throw boulder.

Name: Evergreen ( Passive )
Flavor: The very nature protects the Forestwarder, helping him heal wounds and increasing his toughness.
Effect: Every level will add x amount to strength and y amount to armor.
Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnnaturegauntlets-56052/?prev=search%3Dnature%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Graphic: N/A

Name: Nature's Grasp
Flavor: Leafwhisper is so in touch with nature he can command living roots to grab a hold of someone, crushing him and disarming him.
Effect: (This is basically the entangling roots spell) Deals x dps, and disarms the unit preventing it from moving or attacking.
Icon: Entangling roots
Graphic:Entangling roots

Ultimate: Call of the wilds.
Flavor: The Forestwarder has developed a relationship to this world, whenever he is in need forest creatures will come to protect him.
Effect: Whenever Leafwhisper's health drops below X percent, a bear ( tank unit with bash) and two wolves (dps units with crit and high movement speed) will spawn, under his command. The creatures go away once his health has gotten above Y percent, or if he dies.
Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnhorn-142073/?prev=search%3DHorn%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
Graphic: A brown bear and two black wolves spawn.

Level 13
you never said if my hero was rejected or aproved...

(page two)

Sorry about that, I must have overlooked him.

The Dungeon Keeper and Forestwarder are accepted.

However, the Naga Guardian and the Outcast are being rejected. They're far too generic. I'm looking for creativity and uniqueness.

EDIT - Another one of my heroes, of course.

Hero Name: Kikaze
Class Name: Forest Chimera
Model: This model
Stat: Strength
R/M: Melee
Role: Tank/All-rounder

Backstory: A truly curious creature, in 2 meanings of the word. Brought to life by unknown means, the "Forest Chimera" simply wanders in search for knowledge, attempting to satiate his neverending curiousity. However, in the recent events of the Elemental Upheaval, he has taken a different turn, fighting savagely in a desperate attempt to restore things to how they once were.

Name: Rush
Flavor: Kikaze surges forward, crushing all in his path.
Effect: Moves Kikaze to a selected point very quickly, dealing damage to enemies as he passes by them.
Icon: This icon
Graphic: Just as described. Moves Kikaze towards the location really fast. Enemies may have a boulder/blood effect, not sure yet.

Name: Battle Cry
Flavor: Kikaze lets forth a shrill scream, boosting the morale of those who fight with him and intimidating those who oppose him.
Effect: Increases damage and armor of allies by X and reduces damage and armor of enemies by X. (This is basically just a stacked roar/howl of terror)
Icon: Battle Roar
Graphic: The roar effect.

Name: Orb of Power
Flavor: The orb in Kikaze's back isn't just for show. It hides an immense source of power.
Effect: Passively increases Kikaze's attack and movement speed. Increases the regeneration rate of nearby heroes.
Icon: Mana shield

Ultimate: Might
Flavor: Kikaze activates the hidden power of his orb, drastically increasing his strength and endurance temporarily.
Effect: Gives a huge boost to regeneration and damage for like... 10 seconds.
Icon: This icon
Graphic: The mana steal animation overhead.

EDIT - Man, 2 of mine in a row. This thread really burned out.

Hero Name: Cyzx the Silent
Class Name: Arcane Guardian
Model: Captain with this skin
Stat: Agility
R/M: Ranged (600, should use avatar of vengeance missile)
Role: Anti-caster

Backstory: Once he was just a man, a soldier, in fact. But one day this man, Cyzx was his name, stumbled across an ancient artifact; a suit of armor that bristled with arcane energy. Cyzx's curiosity was too great, and he put on the armor that he found, and those who knew him say he changed that day. Ever since then, he has done nothing but fight demons and death. No eating. No breathing. No speaking. Nobody knows what or why he fights, but they've given him the title of "Cyzx the Silent."

Name: Energy Ray
Flavor: A ray of arcane energy surges from Cyzx's armor at a target, harming or healing them based on their alliance.
Effect: If cast on a enemy, deals X damage and drains X mana. If cast on an ally, heals X HP and restores X mana.
Icon: Click here
Graphic: Shoots a lightning ray at them, looks the same for allies and enemies.

Name: Silence
Flavor: Cyzx's blank stare is enough to scare anyone into silence.
Effect: Silences a target and reduces movement speed for up to 6 seconds.
Icon: I have no idea
Graphic: The silence buff.

Name: Mana Burn
Flavor: Cyzx's attacks drain the spiritual force of his enemies, hindering their ability to use magic.
Effect: Each attack burns X mana.
Icon: Feedback
Graphic: The feedback circle-y thing

Ultimate: Spell Reflection
Flavor: Cyzx's armor is naturally resistant to magic, and at Cyzx's will he can maximize its power, reflecting spells back at the fool who dare casts upon him.
Effect: When activated, has a chance (should be 100% at max level) when a spell is casted on Cyzx to cast that spell back on its caster.
Graphic: Mana shield

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, until I get more ideas for the Death Knight I will work on a different hero.
This thread died all of a sudden... No posts in 24 hours but mine here. Well, don't worry; every once in a while I'll come here and post a new hero of mine.

As for Darkmoon Hero, I tend to stay away from passive ultimate abilities, because they are too boring (Reincarnation is my only exception). When you cast an ultimate, you expect to get something uber, like restoring your dead army or blowing up a lot of stuff. Spell Reflection sounds more like a main ability than an ultimate... but that's just me.

HERO NAME: Beholder
PROPER NAMES: Broggok, Shirrak, Collidus, Xeleth
MODEL: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=94370 (Note: this model is on Warcraft 3 Campaigns and you might need an account for it)
MAIN STAT: Intelligence
MELEE: No (use Lightning Attack with the Serpent Ward projectile)
ROLE: Area of Effect Damage

The Beholders are one of the many races enlisted to the ranks of the Burning Legion from long-lost worlds. Like most demons, they are disloyal and will only follow the Legion if a more powerful demon is present to force them to do so. Unfortunately for the Legion, however, adult Beholders rival Eredar in power, and so many of them have gone rouge to pursue their own interests. Their demonic roots still appear, however, in their tendencies to use the hellish powers of the Twisting Nether to destroy their foes.

ABILITY 1
Eye Laser Frenzy
Allows the Beholder's attacks to hit multiple targets by bouncing from the initial target. Number of bounces increases with ability level.
ICON: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...od-141844/?prev=search=eye&r=20&d=list&page=2

ABILITY 2
Meteor Strike
Calls a meteor down on the target area, dealing damage on impact and creating an indestructible meteor at the target that deals light AOE damage (immolation). The meteor shatters after a short period of time.
ICON: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnsummoninferno-154856/?prev=search=meteor&d=list&r=20

ABILITY 3
Hellfire Spawn
Creates a Hellfire spawn next to the Beholder. It will seek out the closest enemy, and when it finds a target it will violently explode, dealing AOE damage in a radius around it. If the Hellfire Spawn is killed before it finds a target, it will not explode.
ICON: Summon Lava Spawn

ULTIMATE ABILITY
Doom
The Alliance scout force had found a demonic mining site, manned by Draenai slaves and guarded by a Beholder. The creature was, at the moment, speaking with one of the slaves, but the exact words couldn't be heard. The creature laughed, with the slave groveling on the ground in front of it. The Beholder wasn't impressed, and used it's signature attack - the eye laser - to blow the arm off the offending slave. Ignoring the cries of its victim, the Beholder barked something at the other slaves, sending them back to work. The party chose that time to attack.
Apparently not startled, the Beholder immediately cast a spell - some kind of fireball - at them. The slow-moving projectile was easy to dodge, however, and the party ran right around it. Met by eye lasers and a meteor, the party avoided all of those and met the creature and it's slaves head-on. The skirmish only lasted a couple of seconds, however - the fireball from before collided with the party's priest, incinerating him and detonating in a fiery explosion, destroying the Alliance party and several of the Beholder's slaves. Laughing at the ashes of its foes, the Beholder turned it's attention to it's remaining slaves and the mine.

Creates a slow-moving projectile that moves to its target. When it reaches said target, it will explode, killing the original target immediately and dealing a large AOE damage effect. The projectile moves slowly enough that it can be evaded indefinitely, but it would be wise to get an invulnerability potion or anti-magic shield ASAP. Use the Dragon fireball missile for Doom.
ICON: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ectile-149287/?prev=search=meteor&d=list&r=20

As you can see, I'm cutting down on cinematic descriptions and skipping to raw ability data. I'll flesh out the story at a later date.

Last edited:
Level 27
Hmmm... I'll try. What about the Tank master?

Class: Tank master
Name: dunno, some kinda like goblin engy name.
Model: Gaslowe tank (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-86971/?prev=search=goblin%20tank&d=list&r=20)
Ranged
Main stats is Agility
Role: Ranged support

Backstory: {enter goblin name here was one of the most talented goblin commanders, but his bigest passion allways were tanks. He spent many times creating and immproving tanks and one day he created his greatest tank ever - the "Gazlowe", named after his teacher who taught him about the basics of mechanics.

Ability 1
MG turret
Passive
An automated MG turret can be deployed on the Gazlowe tank, allowing to increase damage dealt by it.
Will automatically shoot every x seconds into the last attacked enemy (Attacked with ordinary attack), dealing y damage.
Icon: the one from the gycopter machinegun upgrade.
graphics: maybe some kinda like bullet missle...

Ability 2:
Active
Repair bots
Will deploy repair bots arround the tank, making it immobile for a while but increases the regeneration speed.
Icon: clockwork goblin
Graphics: creates few (depends on level) clockwerk goblins arround the tank.

Ability 3
Active
Fuel air bomb
Shoots out a special missle in the area you order, creating a cloud of fuel in that area. Then the missle explodes, detonating all the fuel, dealing x damage. After the explosion, some units might have a chance to be set on fire for x seconds.
Graphics: any kind of missle, small flame for the flaming units and a gas cloud (Maybe the undead desease cloud).

Ultimate
Active
Teleport module
Teleports the hero to the dirrection he ordered to be teleported and creates 4 Automated tanks to his location before casting for x seconds.
Icon: dunno
Graphics: any teleport effects, I'd recommend the minitank model for summoned units (
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/minitank-156264/)

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, at the moment Darkmoon Hero has accepted 13 melee and 9 ranged heroes, as well as 6 strength heroes, 7 agility heroes and 9 Intelligence heroes. The pending heroes have 2 ranged, 1 melee as well as 1 strength, 1 agility and 1 intelligence. So, Darkmoon Hero needs ranged heroes and doesn't need Intelligence. As for roles, I have no idea what is lacking. Just think of something and slap it out here.

Last edited:
Level 13
New batch, and a new hero of mine. I'm liking the characters so far.

@nerovesper : This thread is indeed active. Of the accepted heroes, there are 13 melee, 9 ranged, 7 strength, 6 agility, and 9 intelligence (I know Crazy Cow already counted, but I switched the Naga Deep Stalker to a strength instead of an agility). As for rolls:
7 - damage-dealers
2 - tanks
7 - supportive classes
3 - disablers
2 - chasers
2 - summoners
3 - all-rounders

I think we're in need of more tanks, a few more disablers and a couple all-rounders wouldn't hurt. I'm leaning more towards ranged, but if there's more melee heroes than ranged that wouldn't be a problem. In fact, I'd prefer it. And if you're wondering, I'm going for 10 strength, 10 agility, and 10 intelligence heroes.

@WherewolfTherewolf : I'm completely fine with the Sniper, it's just that his ultimate needs to be changed. I have a suggestion. If you don't like it, it will be given to another hero and you'll have to think of your own.

Name: Electro Ray
Flavor: "Stop moving, d@#$it!"
Effect: Fires a ray of lightning that deals damage in a line. Those at the end of the ray take additional damage and are affected by a static charge, holding them in place for X seconds. (No matter where targeted on the ground, the ray extends a range of 800, so it's kind of hard to aim, but will immobilize them for quite awhile if it's pulled off.)
Icon
Graphic: The forked lightning ray effect, perhaps a thunderclap at the end to signify the area of effect thingy.

Ones added to the accepted list:
Kikaze, Forest Chimera (Tank/Support) - Made by me.
Cyzx, Arcane Guardian (Anti-caster) - Made by me.
Aphos, Chaos Knight (All-rounder) - Made by me.
Collidus, Beholder (Damage-dealer) - I've always been a fan of beholders. I was uneasy about his ultimate at first, but the fact that it can be avoided indefinitely, and that you could get an invulnerability potion or something before impact, makes a good counterbalance. It's deadly when combined with a few good stuns. And it would suck to have it countered by Cyzx. (By the way, I took your words into consideration. His ultimate is activated now.)

Heroes on the rejected list:
???, Hobgoblin Tinker - Far too technological. At this point we have guns, but other than magic-enhanced technology (like the wave-frequency gun), we haven't gone far. That thing on the Tinker's back is simply too... advanced. Also, I'm not a huge fan of his backstory.
???, Tank Master - Just like the Tinker, this is far too technological. And why a tank would have a teleport I don't understand.

Hero Name: Aphos
Class Name: Chaos Knight
Model: Chaos Knight
Stat: Strength
Role: All-rounder

Backstory: At the right hand of Loäthis, the god of darkness, Aphos was the demigod of chaos. After his attempt at power, Loäthis became enraged and stripped Aphos of his title, as well as his immortality. He now must make his way in the mortal world, struggling to regain his place amongst the gods.

Name: Chaos Blast
Flavor: "This may numerous of effects. All to your downfall."
Effect: Single target spell that deals damage and has a chance to sear (lowers armor), chill (lowers speed, or cripple (lowers speed and gives a chance to miss) the target. Also has a chance to do all 3.
Icon: One made by me, not on this site.
Graphic: Something like this or this

Name: Chaos Blade
Flavor: "They say preying on the weak is 'dishonorable.' I say it's the perfect time to strike."
Effect: Deals damage to a target based on if their chilled, seared, or crippled (more buffs = more damage) and gives Aphos an adrenaline rush for a short time, increasing his speed.
Icon: Cleaving Attack
Graphic: A bloody sword slash.

Name: Chaos Aura
Flavor: "Come, my comrades. Together, victory is only a few steps away."
Effect: Passively increases the attack speed of all allies, and whenever they cast a spell they will deal damage to nearby enemies, healing themselves.
Icon: Unholy Aura
Graphic: Something like this, colorful and sparkly.

Ultimate: Chaos Orbs
Flavor: "Do not test me. One simple word, and I can turn the tide of any battle."
Effect: Summons orbs that are hurtled out in a circle around the caster, each one dealing 50 damage. The closer they are to Aphos, the more damage they take. In addition, Aphos will be healed 25 for each orb summoned.
Icon: Orb of Slow
Graphic: Bunch of the Spirit of Vengeance attacks (red lightning orbs)

Last edited:
Name: Electro Ray
Flavor: "Stop moving, d@#$it!"
Effect: Fires a ray of lightning that deals damage in a line. Those at the end of the ray take additional damage and are affected by a static charge, holding them in place for X seconds. (No matter where targeted on the ground, the ray extends a range of 800, so it's kind of hard to aim, but will immobilize them for quite awhile if it's pulled off.)
Icon
Graphic: The forked lightning ray effect, perhaps a thunderclap at the end to signify the area of effect thingy.

Looks fine to me, add it in. I'll try to come up with a hero to fit one of those other roles later. (Ill probably edit this post with it)

New Hero:
Name: Sar-Arum
Class Name: Ether Weaver
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/occultist-120585/?prev=search%3Dmage%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D2
Icon: There is non for this model, Acolyte icon should work
Attack Type: Ranged
Role Summoner

Backstory: Non so far, I'll come up with one later

models_6699_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Spell 1: Channel Spirit - No Target
Flavor Test: "Ah, it's not I who will bring about your demise. OR "Do you believe in ghosts?"
Sar-Arum focuses his inner energy to open a portal to the void from which Spirits manifest themselves from the nothingness.
Channeling Spell - the first 1.5 seconds of the channeling opens up the portal, for the next x (3-6 seconds - max time) a spirit manifests itself from the void every second the portal is open. Spirits have x (150 - 400 health) and have incredibly high armor. Spirits lose 5% of their max health every second they are not in combat and cannot be healed from fountains (assuming you have fountains) or other normal healing methods.

Effects: Should create some dark portal type thing

Spell 2: Rite of Sacrifice - Target Unit (Spirits specifically)
Flavor Text: "I have created you, thus I can destroy you"
Sacrifices one of your spirits to transfer the remainder of its health to you. Returns x% (60% - 100%) of the Spirits health to you. This spell can be toggled between 2 modes, return Mana and return Life. Return Life is default, but if you switch this spell to return Mana mode the spell instead returns the spirits remaining health to you as Mana with the same factor as returning life.

Spell 3: Mind Pulse - No Target
Sar-Arum emits a mental pulse that resonates on Spirits he's summoned, causing them to emit smaller pulses. Damages all enemy units in a 500 AoE around the caster for x(100 - 300) damage - resonates on Spirits to deal x(50 - 100) damage to all units in an 250 AoE around them. The same unit can be hit with pulses from multiple Spirits (ex- between 2 spirits, the unit will receive 100 damage instead of 50 at level 1)

Spell 4: Dark Void - Target Ground
Flavor Text: "If you truly feel you must fight, then I cannot convince you otherwise. This in no way means I can't change who your fighting for."
Sar-Arum opens up a portal into the void in the target area, pulling units into it. Normal creeps that get pulled into the void are transformed into your Spirits - you can only gain 5 spirits in this manner (hmmm 5 seems a bit high, maybe lower it to 4). Heroes or Creeps after the maximum is reached are removed from combat for the rest of the portal's duration (completely phased out of this plain of existence, rendering them invulnerable but incapable of any action). Lasts 5 seconds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, awesome model for a melee hero http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/hero-whitemane-druid-48234/?prev=search%3Dspirit%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D2

Last edited:
Level 7
I do not have a hero to submit but rather a comment. I applaud not only the accepted but all of your guys' hero ideas. Most all of your ideas are very creative and inspiring; im working on an RPG and my own heroes. I'm happy and sad to say that yours seem cooler than mine, I simply don't have the skill. But good job guys, you are a very creative community.

Level 27
Don't worry, Darkmoon Hero, but one day I will return with even better! So good it will be added even in Dota, Starcraft 2 and Counter-Strike! *Enter Psycho Laugh Here*

Just kidding. I'm thinking about some kinda like "trollish assasin" now. Agility based ranged hero which can be used as nuker/disabler.

Level 13
@nerovesper: Icecrown Overlord... this is being used for the Icelord. So is that Iron Raven skin, for the Maiden of Justice. Otherwise, all those other models aren't being used.

I do not have a hero to submit but rather a comment. I applaud not only the accepted but all of your guys' hero ideas. Most all of your ideas are very creative and inspiring; im working on an RPG and my own heroes. I'm happy and sad to say that yours seem cooler than mine, I simply don't have the skill. But good job guys, you are a very creative community.

Indeed, we have quite a few creative minds here. Thanks for the compliment. Well, if you change your mind, feel free to post here.

Level 22
It doesnt have high tech heros with LAZORS I suppose? Coz I'd go for one. Since 2006 Im only interested in futuristic stuff, not fantasy and magic. I could bring an idea of a Wizard if it has to be MIA stuff, afterall before 2006 I was interested in fantasy only and I had myself az a hero with abilities etc ^^

It doesnt have high tech heros with LAZORS I suppose? Coz I'd go for one. Since 2006 Im only interested in futuristic stuff, not fantasy and magic. I could bring an idea of a Wizard if it has to be MIA stuff, afterall before 2006 I was interested in fantasy only and I had myself az a hero with abilities etc ^^

Tech pwnage
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1441390-post40.html

(the ult was changed around but it's still techy)

Level 13

As far as technology goes for this map, there are guns and simple bombs, and you can have magic-enhanced technology as well. If you can think of a hero along these guidelines, feel free to submit it.

Level 13
Hero Name: Vladimir Dismark
Class Name: Puppet Master
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...r-110485/?prev=of=downloads_month&r=20&page=3
Range: Melee
Role: Carry, Support

Back Story: Vladimir was once a great wizard of the Archigh. As his studies improved more on manipulation, he was charged with practice of black magic and was sentenced in prison for life. Though at first his motive for practicing manipulative magic was for control of the prisoners, now being a prisoner himself, he decided to use it against his once fellow colleagues. He controlled the prisoner in his cell and they attacked but he was no match killing all the prisoners in his control and weakening Vladimir. In his final moments, he manages to release his soul and attach it to a servant at the palace and used it as his own. Knowing that he is powerless to defeat the high wizards now his power is incomplete, he wanders the outside searching for another source in order to take his revenge.

Puppet Strings
FT : Creates a cursed indestructible ward above the target unit then attaches ethereal string to both the ward and the target.
ET : Confines the target within 300 range of the ward for a period of time.
Graphic : A stasis trap ward with darker color is created above the target and a lightning strings effect is attached to both the ward and the target.
Icon : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnvoodoocurse-139440/?prev=search=curse&d=list&r=20

Whip Snap
FT : Attaches a wire of evil essence to both Vladimir’s puppet and the target unit for a duration. The Puppet Master sends waves of dark energy through the wire sending painful strikes while still attached. When the range of the wire extends beyond 500 range or greater, the wire snaps.
ET: Damages the target per second till the duration ends or the wire snaps. Upon snapping the target gets stunned for a duration.
Graphic: A lightning string effect is attached to both the caster and the target and a small blast effect on wire snapping.
Icon : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-94367/?prev=search=purple&r=20&d=list&page=2

Accursed (Passive)
FT : Vladimir’s puppet was once a servant of the high wizards and had the ability, on an attack, to release a malevolent strike that deals damage to nearby enemy units from the primary attacked unit but coolsdown after the attack. Vladimir enhanced it with malediction adding a slow curse to the affected units for a duration.
ET : When the puppet attacks, causes an area of effect damage and slowing the affected units every after its cooldown.
Graphic: Maybe a thunder clap dummy at the attacked unit is created and a slow explosion animation.
Icon : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ed-137512/?prev=search=eye&r=20&d=list&page=2

Marionette
FT : Performs a dark magic of manipulation to all hero units in a target area, as he controls his allies by boosting them in combat and controls his enemies but with less effects as they retaliate the control.
ET : Boosts allies movement and attack speed and silences and slows enemy units for a duration.
Graphic: A dark flash is created and maybe some kind of puppet string buff on the units?
Icon : Puppet Icon on wc3 Hidden Icon.

I think its good to make the lightning strings' colors to violet since it has this good evil appearance and is my favorite color. xD

I'll find a good custom icon for the spells later. I hope it fits. ^^

didn't do a range? LOL I forgot...
anyway i'll try to make a ranged one after this if it gets approved. :D

Last edited:
Level 13
NOTE : We now have 10 intelligence heroes. If you submit a hero, please make sure it's main stat is strength or agility (unless you think you can outclass the intelligence heroes we already have).

I'll submit another batch in a minute, but first, here's a hero made by my friend.

EDIT - Alrighty, here's the new batch:

Ones added to the accepted list:
Sar-Arum, Ethereal Summoner (Ranged Intelligence Summoner/Damage) - A hero who's spells are based on his summons. He seems odd to me, but after considering, I think he's pretty cool. By the way, since we already have a Tormented Weaver and a Flameweaver, I changed this guy's class name to Ethereal Summoner.
Vladimir Dismark (Melee Agility Support/Carry) - Wow. I really, really like this hero. His skillset is very unique, and that's one of my favorite models on this site. I'm really glad it's being used. Also, I totally forgot about carry heroes. There were about five already, Vladimir being the sixth. Oh, and the voodoo doll icon would be great for his ultimate. (It's an icon in Warcraft III already)
Leila Serpentsoul (Ranged Intelligence Support) - Made by my best friend. :3 ...also, the concept of a hero that's based completely off knocking people around is pretty cool in my eyes.

Heroes on the rejected list:
None. Gasp!

Hero Name: Leila Serpentsoul
Class Name: Force Mage
Model: Acolyte (Hellcaller)
Stat: Intelligence
R/M: Ranged (500, should use banshee missile)
Role: Manipulator (Support)

Backstory: During the beginning of the Elemental Upheaval, many elves, with their strong attunement to nature, set out to help. Leila, however, couldn't have cared less, until she faced a near-death experience with an enraged elemental. Since then, she's focused her power on manipulating her enemies rather than outright blasting them, moving her opponents across the battlefield with a flick of her wrist.

Name: Attract
Flavor: "Why don't you come a little closer?"
Effect: Pulls the target X units towards Leila, damaging them as they're dragged. Not only does the distance moved increase with level, but the time it takes to do so does as well.
Graphic: They're dragged. Instead of dust, uses some green effect (like the gargoyle missile's death)

Name: Repel
Flavor: "I think you've become a little too... friendly."
Effect: Pushes units near Leila X units away, damaging them as they're dragged. Not only does the distance moved increase with level, but the time it takes to do so does as well.
Icon: Banish
Graphic: Same as Attract, but with this on the caster.

Name: Concentration
Flavor: "With each passing minute, my power only grows."
Effect: Reduces the cooldowns of her other abilities. ((Lets her cast her spells more often, which means more control over her enemies.))
Icon: Spell Immunity (The dryad one)

Ultimate: Implosion
Flavor: "When push comes to shove..."
Effect: Pulls units in a huge AoE towards the targeted point, stunning them for X seconds. Deals more damage based on how many targets are affected.
Icon: Heart of Searinox
Graphic: Some crazy green shit.

Special thanks to my friend and Paladon for his GUI Knockback System.

Last edited:
Level 27
Okay, here's my new strenght hero I came out... but I'm kinda lazy to hide it's description...

Hero name: Dreadnought, Destroyer, Suppressor, Iron Doom
Hero class name: Armoured Golem
Model: Armoured Golem
Stat: Strenght
Melee
Role: tank/disabler

Backstory: From ancient times Golems, the souless elemental creations of mages, were one of the most feared enemies, but nowdays even strongest golem might be destroyed by a fierce warrior, so mages have created a new type of golems: the Armoured Ones, which had not only the thick armor, but also they had the mind of their own...

Name: Bash
Flavour: "If you can't beat them, bash them!"
Effect: Starts bashing the selected target. While beeing bashed, the target can't perform any actions. Every punch deals x damage. In level one, Armoured golem punches target 3 times, on second - 5 times and 7 times on level 3.
Icon: Ogre gauntlets item
Graphic: attack animation, stun effect over the enemy.

Name: Bonebreaker
Flavour: "Now you won't run away!"
Effect: Makes the target unit immobile for x (depends on level) seconds. Effect cannot be dispelled, the enemy still can attack and cast spells. Has a long cooldown to balance it someway...
Icon: That battle morale or whatever its called... you know that aura ability ogre warlord unit has?
Graphics: Bleeding effect on target when cast, smaller bleeding effect on enemy while ability is working...

name: Mythril spikes
flavour: "Touch me if you dare!"
Effect: passive ability, analogic to the one crypt lord has...
Graphics: did I mention crypt lord? Yes, use that spike efect...
Icon: surprise! Its that crypt lord ability again!

Ultimate
name: Metal Hearth, Metal Soul or someting else metalic...
effect: Removes all the buffs from the golem and increases the hp regen of all the allies around him for x seconds.
Icon: depends from the graphical effect
Graphics: battle roar, taunt or any other abilty which looks completely the same but with different colour... allies have an a armor bonus abilty effect over them...

Notes: as you see, this hero is completely indestructible in 1vs.1, but he has a low mana and he's abilities require quite a lot of it. Also, he is quite slow and can be easily be destroyed by combinating mana decreasing or silencing abilities with slowing or any other stoping abilities, but he can hardly be destroyed by single hero.

Level 13
Glad you liked it man. ^^
will do an agility ranged unit next, just have to find a good model and yeh forgot about that hidden icon on warcraft. ^^

EDIT: are these hero being used?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/deadeye-113615/?prev=of=downloads_month&r=20&page=2
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/bloodelfarcher_by67chrome-blp-156251/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/shandris-61113/?prev=mmr=6
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ev=of=downloads_month&search=lich&d=list&r=20

and placed the icons for puppet master, i can't find fitting icons though... >.<

Last edited:
Level 13
@tleno : I like your new hero. I've always thought golems were cool, and it's good to see a new tank class. Accepted.

@nerovesper : None of those skins/models are being used at the moment. Also, I made some (recolor) icons that could work for the Puppet Master's spells. Tell me what you think. (You can see them at the bottom of this post)

A final note, there are now 9 strength, 8 agility, and 10 intelligence heroes. We've almost reached our goal! And feel free to submit intelligence heroes if you think you have a good idea. It'll just be harder to get accepted.

EDIT - New hero by me. (This makes 9 agility heroes)

Hero Name: Tharion
Class Name: Dragon Disciple
Model: Demon Slayer
Stat: Agility
Role: All-Rounder/Carry

Backstory: Thinking...

Name: Breath of the Dragon
Flavor: Breathes a cone of fire, frost, lightning, or acid based on the Aspect Tharion is using.
Effect: Deals damage in an AoE and...
-Red : Sears enemies, reducing armor. (Uses Red as default if you haven't learned Aspect of the Dragon yet)
-White : Chills enemies, reducing speed.
-Blue : Stuns enemies.
-Green : Deals damage each second to enemies.
Icon: Dragon Devour
Graphic: Breath of Fire, Breath of Frost, Breath of Lightning, Healing Spray.

Name: Wings of the Dragon
Flavor: Tharion uses his draconic power to run at supernatural speeds.
Effect: Increases movement speed, and has the following effect:
-Red : Increases the duration of Wings of the Dragon. (Uses Red as default if you haven't learned Aspect of the Dragon yet)
-White : Leaves a trail of ice that slows enemies walking on it.
-Blue : Increases the speed bonus of Wings of the Dragon.
-Green : Leaves a trail of acid that lowers the armor of enemies walking on it.
Icon: Stone Form (Gargoyle ability)

Name: Aspect of the Dragon
Flavor: Tharion has no devotion to any particular dragon. His powers extend to each color.
Effect: Toggles between Red, White, Blue, and Green dragons, changing the effects of his other abilities. Also adds a passive effect.
-Red : Each attack deals bonus fire damage.
-White : Each has a chance to add a cold token to the target (slows movement and attack speed by 5%, stacks)
-Blue : Each attack releases a chain lightning.
-Green : Each attack puts a DoT effect on the target that stacks with itself.
Icon: Dragon Taming

Ultimate: Fury of the Dragon
Flavor: Maximizes Tharions draconic power, filling him with inhuman zeal.
Effect: Each attack made while the buff is active increases attack speed. (the bonus stacks)
Icon: Ethereal Dragon
Graphic: Phoenix Fire on the caster's hands

Left = Puppet Strings | Right = Whip Snap

Attachments

• PuppetStrings.png
    PuppetStrings.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 126
  • WireSnap.png
    WireSnap.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Level 10
Alright, another hero. This makes six, and I think it will be the last because with this hero, one fifth of your heroes will be made by me.

HERO NAME: Forgotten Avatar
PROPER NAMES: Volazj, R'khem, Vezax
MODEL: Revenant
MAIN STAT: Strength
MELEE: True
ROLE: Tank

Deep underground, beyond the reach of the Spider Kingdom of Azjol'nerub, lie the armies of Yogg-Saron. Led by his children, the Forgotten Ones, and headed by the Faceless, this army poses a threat to the entire world if unchecked. One problem for the Forgotten Ones, however, is that they lack the ability to move, seriously hindering their control over their armies. To combat this, they have created bodies out of the strongest minerals available in Azeroth. The most important part of this construct is one of the Forgotten One's teeth, stylishly carved by Faceless craftsmen, allowing the Forgotten One to extend it's will in an area around this tooth. The resulting body, bound together by the Forgotten One's will, can be used by the Forgotten One to impose it's will anywhere in Azeroth. These bodies, or "Avatars," become the leaders and commanders of the Faceless One's armies. They can often be found aiding the allies of the Old Gods as well, bringing their powerful mind-control magics to bear on enemies.

ABILITY 1
Mind Blast
A renamed Howl of Terror, with a changed icon to Sleep, or maybe Blink.

ABILITY 2
Spawn Tentacle
Creates a tentacle at the target area. While small and weak, the tentacle can be used to tie up a fleeing enemy or disrupt spellcasters. Higher levels create larger tentacles, with perhaps Bash or an Impale for the most powerful level.
ICON: Tentacle

ABILITY 3
Harvest Death
Connected with the minds of every nearby creature, the Forgotten Avatar can feed off the energy that a mind gives off in death, using that energy to mend itself.
Every time a unit dies within a certain range of the Forgotten Avatar, the Avatar will gain a small amount of health. Higher levels harvest more HP.
ICON: Shade True Sight

ULTIMATE ABILITY
The Faceless and their master, the Forgotten Avatar, were in the midst of the human city, cutting down those that opposed them. Despite the horrible damage dealt to the Avatar, it showed hardly a scratch for the many that had died to oppose it. Gathering for one more push, the surviving humans charged the creature and its army. Overwhelming the remaining Faceless and several tentacles, the only foe standing before them was the Forgotten Avatar. But the monster was no longer the animate armor that had laid waste to the city; the armor was lying in a pile at the feet of a pure shadow. The humans, astonished at the sight, were hardly prepared for the thing when it charged them, tearing through them like paper. The defenders surviving the initial assault had to deal with foul magics dissolving their bodies as well as the monster itself, and no defender stood for long against the Avatar. When the last defender fell, the thing donned it's armor again and began the hunt for hiding survivors.
The Avatar shuns it's armor, becoming nothing but the energy of the Forgotten One's will. Units attacking the Avatar will now take damage, and the Avatar itself will enjoy more armor, damage and HP regeneration. The Avatar also uses the Voidwalker model while this effect is active.
ICON: Voidwalker

Like I said earlier, once the Forgotten Avatar is accepted I will not get any more heroes out, leaving that for someone else. If there is a project thread, perhaps you could provide a link? I look forward to playing these heroes and others (to see how different they are from my original ideas), and wish you good luck with the map.

Last edited:
Level 13
Like I said earlier, once the Forgotten Avatar is accepted I will not get any more heroes out, leaving that for someone else. If there is a project thread, perhaps you could provide a link? I look forward to playing these heroes and others (to see how diffrent they are from my origional ideas), and wish you good luck with the map.

He looks good so far, and another tank is greatly appreciated. I know he's technically not finished, but I'm accepting him now. Also, is it alright if I use the Sea Revenant model? It's very similar to the regular one, and I think it works pretty damn well with his backstory. The Dreamwalker hero currently uses the normal revenant, and I'd prefer to not overlap models.

Now we have 10 strength, 9 agility, and 10 intelligence. One more agility, and all the slots will have been filled out.

And I plan on messaging all participants once the map is finished. You know, to see your heroes in action. At the moment, though, there is no project thread.

EDIT - It appears I haven't been giving people reputation for their submissions like I promised. That's fixed now. Everyone enjoy their Rep. :)

Level 27
Hmmm... I've got an another hero idea!
Its the... Trollish merchant! (Or maybe collector sounds better?)

Name: ??? (I'm bad with troll names, make it by yourself if you want...)
Class: Trolish merchant
Model: I'm thinkng about that troll shaman or whatever its called (I have non-English version so I'm not sure how its actually called...) that orcs have.
Melee
main attribute: agility
Class: disabler/support

Backstory: ??? earlier was just an ordinary traveling trollish merchant, but for a long time he understood that he won't become rich by trading, and decided to become a bandit to loot people and then sell all the stolen goods...

Name: Vending machine
Flavour text: "open for bussines!"
Description: Merchant summons a mechanical goblin machine that lasts for x seconds. It sell various items and higher your ability's level is, more items it will be able to sell. (I recommend speed increasing, mana restoring and healing potions)
Icon: depends from model
Graphics: Any mechanical goblin or any othet mechanism, someting like pocket factory maybe?

Name: Scull collecting
Flavour: "I'll keep it as a souvenir!"
Description: every killed enemy hero gives you an attack bonus. Higher your ability level is, the higher your maximal possible bonus limitation is (So like on level 1 only 3 kills count, on level two only 6...)
Icon: Gul'dan's scull
Graphics: death coil or any other scull effect on dying enemy.

Actually, thats all I got and maybe you can continue this hero by yourself if you like it...

Level 21
Ajrak'uhr
Dread Wyvern
Model Used: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/elder-shadow-dragon-150467
Ranged with green/black Fire Bolts
Role: Harrassment + Damage Dealer

Backstory: Once a proud embodiment of the skies, now hes nothing more as a mindless mouth full of horrible teeths, a plagued breath and a aura of death, Ajrak'uhr, his breath may come like a dark green mist over the world and plague every single part of these lands, flowers will die, trees will rot, and all enemies will die where he breathes.

Swarm Breath
A breath of more toxic instability is not known, even a stone will break by touching this cloud of deadly gas.
Ajrak'uhr breathes a drop of his toxic gas in fluid form to the target area, dealing major damage on impact to all enemies around it and creates a cloud of toxic gas. The Cloud slows enemies of Ajrak'uhr which enter it and deals minor damage over time to them.
Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnplague-151895
Graphic: A blob of green acid (maybe the green dragon fire or something like that) is thrown in a parabol to the target area and causes a "splat" on impact, and then the ground beneath corrupts for short time and sends up a green cloud (disease cloud maybe).

"May the Undeath spread!"
Ajrak'uhr uses his aura of undeath to corrupt enemies beside him and the nature around him, covering them in eternal plague and pain.
When turned on, Ajrak'uhr emits a cloud of black/green poison, corrupting the area around him and dealing minor damage per second to enemies in the cloud, all enemies within the cloud will suffer from a plague, which spreads to other units nearby. When a unit dies while under the effect of the plague, it may come back as 1 of 3 skeleton types:

Warrior
Chance: 20%
Strong melee skeleton, is the strongest of the three skeletons, has cleave attack and bone skin (cleave attack causes 25% of the attack damage to be splash damage, and bone skin reduces all damage by 4)

Magician
Chance: 30%
Weak Ranged Skeleton, good at dealing large amounts of damage, has fire bolt (fire bolt stuns target enemy and deals 50 damage, 0.25 seconds stun and has a 3 seconds cooldown)

Archer
Chance: 50%
Very weak ranged skeleton, good at dealing medium damage to unarmored enemies, has the ability to shoot fire arrows (Fire arrows deal 5 more damage)

Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnunholyaurav2-128373
Graphic: The Hero emits a large cloud from his body, which covers nearby enemies, this spell is a "casted" spell, means, he will emit a cloud from his body once, and the cloud will stay at the position where he casted it for a certain duration, then the cloud will vanish. Units which die by the cloud will errupt and a random skeleton will appear on it's position (one of the 3 listed above).

Tombstone Circle
Ajrak'uhr uses a aeon old spell to summon a ring of ancient tombstones, these are cursed and breathing the death of thousands through their thick plates, they cause panic to all living and even the dead by just being around them...
Ajrak'uhr creates a ring of tombstones at the target area, units which are caught by an tombstone are thrown into the ring and get stunned, when the ring rose, all units within that ring cannot cast spells. The Tombstones can be destroyed by attacking them, but are immune to spells.
Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnunholyresurrection-105802
Graphic: Tombstones slowly rise up in a circle around the target area and throw enemies up which are too close to them.

Devouring Torrent
"They shall burn, they shall die, they shall feel the breath of death from the sky, below me, those poor and weak are, they all shall vanish from this world, forever." -Ajrak'uhr
The Dread Wyvern starts to breath out torrents of green/black clouds in a cone towards the target area, each enemy hit by a torrent loses 25 max HP, stacks up to 10 times and applies the plague debuff to the unit, increasing the damage taken by the affected unit by 20%. The max HP reduce is removed when the plague debuff vanishes. The Plague debuff lasts 20 seconds.

Icon: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btn-darklight-57237
Graphic: A wave of green/black blobs or clouds in a cone is sent in the facing direction of the Dread Wyvern, when a blob/cloud hits a enemy, it vanishes and applies the effects on the unit. Breaths 4 waves with each 12 blobs/clouds and they travel over 700 range.

Other Notes: This hero has already synergies, for example:

Devouring Torrent + Tombstone Circle: You are trapped, and you are flooded by debuffing clouds which will surely hit you... bad luck.

Tombstone Circle + Swarm Breath: You can't get away, na, na, na, nana!

Tombstone Circle on yourself and a enemy + "May the Undeath spread!": Sure skeleton spawn :).

Last edited:
Level 10
Trollish Merchant: Perhaps he could use this ability:
Steal Item
Attempts to take an item from your target. Increased chance with higher levels, and decreased chance with the target's level.
ICON: Human Backpack

As for the Dread Wyvren, he sounds pretty good. However, having a flying hero would be pretty unbalanced, unless he hovers just a few feet off the ground or has low stats for a hero.

Level 13
NOTE : After considering for a while, one of the agility heroes has been deleted. Even after the Dread Wyvern's acceptance, we still have a slot for 1 more agility hero.

those are nice replacements for the icons. ^^

now i'm going for that shandris. would like deadeye instead but a bit high in filesize.

You can use Deadeye. I'm not worried about file size.

The Troll Merchant is a pretty cool concept, but I think a hero that deals with items may not fit into the gameplay very well. Especially if he could steal items. He's been rejected.

The Dread Wyvern, however, looks very cool. Although his ultimate looks very underpowered. I'll need to tweak with the stats for a while. He's been accepted.

As for the Dread Wyvren, he sounds pretty good. However, having a flying hero would be pretty unbalanced, unless he hovers just a few feet off the ground or has low stats for a hero.

He wouldn't be flying. He'd be "hovering" to give the effect of flying, but he'll still have to go around cliffs, units, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.