• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Can someone guide me with making a spell template? I struggle with what information should be displayed generically and what information needs to be specific to a spell.

I decided I can put all text about what the spell is doing from a lore / immersing perspective as greyed our "flavour" text, so the spell template should describe exactly what the spell does. Range is displayed as in-game range, damage type should be specified. I already have something for cooldowns, so that's not necessary. Mana cost is necessary since I will display that in the "learn" tooltip.

My abilities are not standard hero abilities. You learn them via upgrades from another building. Because of this, the template doesn't need to handle multiple levels of abilities. It will be the same in the learning tooltip and actual spell tooltip except the mana cost will not be displayed in the ability tooltip.

You will be credited in my map if I use all or part of your template. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.