• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

redscores is back, and wants your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I am currently being inactive, but I plan to become more active, and now I want to make a Spellpack, which should show that I come back.

And I want you to tell me your ideas for the spellpack.

The Spellpack will have approximately 6 spells.

I will select the best submissions and will add them to the spellpack.

There are only a few conditions:
-No Jass Spells, the Spells will be GUI.
-The Spells can use MY systems, search in the spell section for my name to get a idea what systems Ive made.
-The Spells can be of any element, can have any special effect, or whatever you want, nothing is excluded, but please no overcomplicated shapes, this is more of a fun spellpack.
-The Spells should be NO cinematic spells.
-The Spells will be MUI.

I will use my own spell template map for the spells.

I hope to see some ideas.

Last edited:
Level 8
*The spells can use MINE ideas - should be MY ideas (mine ideas isn't english)

How about something like every time a spell is cast around the unit, it captures some of the magic, giving it increased mana regeneration with each magic point.
It could then have a 'detonation' ability that deals damage to nearby mana points, depending on the magic captured.

EG Magic Points = 6, 6x100(for example)=600, 600 mana burnt from nearby units.

Last edited:
Level 21
What should that mean with the MINE ideas, i just wrote that big, so people don't tell me to use XE or any other systems, and thats a really easy spell, hm, we will see what other suggestions come.

The magic gathered must not be dependant of the mana cost of the hero, right? because you cannot detect mana cost properly without bugs.

And just by the way, this thread is a opportunity to get a spell you wanted for any of your maps.

Level 8
The magic gathered must not be dependant of the mana cost of the hero, right? because you cannot detect mana cost properly without bugs.
It can. Just whenever someone around the unit starts casting a spell you store his mana in a variable(indexing with that units id or w/e indexing you use) then w/e a unit casts a spell you substract his current mana from the one you stored in the integer and there you have it. The only bug that can ever occur is if the unit gets burned right when he is casting but thats not smt you should consider as a bug but as a limitation.

Level 19
Lightning Globes or Electric Field

Discription: The hero summons 1/2/3 globes around himself, that spins in a perfect circle, dealing damage to nearby enemy units. As the globe spins, its increases its distance between the hero and the globe(s). When the range between them become too long, the Hero releases a powerful nova that shatters enemy units, shocking them (stunning) for 2/3/4 seconds. Each unit hit by the globe can be hit only once every 2 seconds. Each globe lasts 10 seconds and deals 12/24/36 damage per hit. The lightning nova has range of 1200 and deals 150 damage at all levels.

Suggestion: I realy would like to see this spell, 'cause Im realy sure you'll do it perfectly and in the leakfree way. Also I think its a good way to make the globes to be connected to the Hero somehow with a lightning effect.

Thats my suggestion, hope you like it.

Level 21
Sounds cool, I may add that.

Well, that spell won't need any systems.

And of course, I will do it in a perfect way.

Should the globes be slowly rotating outwards or should it be really fast?

@Rain, while casting can happen many things... so I think the direct mana cost is not a safe thing.

Level 31
The Red Death :

Target unit spell.

Everytime the targeted unit attacks, he takes 30/60/90 damage (Also creates a lil explosion of blood on him). Last 10 seconds. If the unit dies of this, a great explosion of Blood in 300 AOE range will give the same Curse to every enemy units in range.

i though of this cuz of ur lil The red death! under ur name. lol. anyway, hope u like it.

Last edited:
Level 18
Sacrificial Summoning - Channelling - Drains life of every nearby units (ally or not, Lifedrain special effect over every unit). When total life drained reach x it summons a demon with x hit points. Every units killed in the process increases armor and damages of the summoned demon. This spell requires focus and accuracy, if the caster get damaged by more than 1/4 of its hit points the spell is stopped and the demon is spawned with less hit points.

-> The next spell requires to calculate angle of the casting unit and of the target.
Glorious Shot - Instant, Target Unit - Shot a reinforced arrow. This is a standard instant-damage spell whereas effects are based on the angle of shot.
Position - Damages - Effects
Behind the target - normal damages - reduces armor and movement speed
Close to the target (<300) - high damages, chance of critical - none
In front of the target - high damages - reduces attack speed
At a side of the target - normal damages - reduces damages

Level 15
goblin/engineering spell:

Discharging Web (gay name)

The unit shoots out an electrical net that catches all enemies in front of the unit and instantly pushes them back,(all units caught here are closer to one another) and pushes them back the same way every half a second for X seconds (time between push backs decreases, starting high and ending low), each push back gives an electrical charge that causes X amount of damage (distance is reduced after every push back) at the end of the effect the net explodes in AoE damage for X amount of damage.

*you'd put a sound effect on this one for every push back, it would continuously ring faster and faster until, BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.