• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 7
This is what I imagined the throne of Shadows for Lord of Shadows and the Maze of Shadows where his Shadows roam in there(and sry for the crappy drawing I know it's not good but I wanted to share it with you)
View attachment 380063
View attachment 380066
(and yet again sry for the bad llighting of my camera)
Actually, I would find this a surprisingly accurate depiction of the Shadow Realm. Suits Brian very much.

Level 4
Shar, just one question.

Will we have the surprise benefits we got like in SHB C7 for other races or we will lose that too?(since you spoiled that we might not benefit from it)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I am not entirely removing the choice system.
Mild spoiler ahead.
The decision to hire the Goldaxe Clan in the Clash in the Forest mission is saved & will have an impact later.
The game will also remember if you killed Lera or not.

I am however not implementing them at the same scale as before.
The True Story is meant to establish a canon storyline, choices like Aedale's decision to
take the shard or not cannot remain due to the impact they have.

Level 4
I am not entirely removing the choice system.
Mild spoiler ahead.
The decision to hire the Goldaxe Clan in the Clash in the Forest mission is saved & will have an impact later.
The game will also remember if you killed Lera or not.

I am however not implementing them at the same scale as before.
The True Story is meant to establish a canon storyline, choices like Aedale's decision to
take the shard or not cannot remain due to the impact they have.
Really thanks for the reply. Even though I had my own preferations I do accept all your decisions. I was just too worried about the joy that we had. Though I didn't expect 'that' to have impact.

btw, I seem to have a problem of seeing some spoilers... I didn't see yours till I clicked reply.

Level 4
You have to click on it (the blurred text) in new Hive to see it properly.
nah, nevermind. I did see blurs after I refreshed the page. I just had problems with myself using spoiler feature that I got frustrated. Thanks for the reply again!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Thanks to my best footman @Footman16, Harmos and his firemages have a new look (only applies to Firemages that are part of the Order ofc)

full

Also apparently Merlon is going to get the marine units he requested in 2012...
@Footman16 you madman.
Are you using every skin I make because you need to or are you just looking for excuses to use my skins because I'm happy with either tbh :p

Level 7
Should we hope for any Elven heavy units? Like, giving them hard hitters on the same level of the Redfist or close?

Level 20
Should we hope for any Elven heavy units? Like, giving them hard hitters on the same level of the Redfist or close?
The whole jig with the elves is that they have a rather uncapable military structure as you might have read from the notes Salana's right hand archer keeps. So the elves getting units who are on par with the Redfist that's highly unrealistic, but then again Redfist units are hella strong and even if we were talking for more militarily capable factions we would not get to play with them, there are some units who are AI specific that the player will never/highly unlikely get to play with em, such as the Ares Knights as one example.

Level 7
The whole jig with the elves is that they have a rather uncapable military structure as you might have read from the notes Salana's right hand archer keeps. So the elves getting units who are on par with the Redfist that's highly unrealistic, but then again Redfist units are hella strong and even if we were talking for more militarily capable factions we would not get to play with them, there are some units who are AI specific that the player will never/highly unlikely get to play with em, such as the Ares Knights as one example.
Well, given that they will eventually join the Ironfist and Gardon's Kingdom, I'm pretty sure they will eventually get to developing Elven heavy units under supervision. Of course, it's up to Shar what kind of units he makes.

Level 19
The whole jig with the elves is that they have a rather uncapable military structure as you might have read from the notes Salana's right hand archer keeps.
That should be the reason why the elven forces are weaker in comparison to their Human and Dwarven allies. But the Dark elves are also weaker than them, so I suppose is some sort of racial disadvantage.

Well, given that they will eventually join the Ironfist and Gardon's Kingdom, I'm pretty sure they will eventually get to developing Elven heavy units under supervision.
Maybe, or maybe the stronger and bulkier elves just join some of the Zyianor orders instead.

Level 2
hey Shar i just wanted to ask, will you at some point make a map for the loading screen before every mission for the True Legend of Arkain like warcraft 3 had? like where there is an red X that pinpoint where the mission takes place? i think it would be much more interesting then the regular screen it has now and will solve any confusion for peoples playing it as to where they currently are in the world.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
such as the Ares Knights as one example.
How sad would you be if I told you that they may be replaced? :p

Well, given that they will eventually join the Ironfist and Gardon's Kingdom, I'm pretty sure they will eventually get to developing Elven heavy units under supervision. Of course, it's up to Shar what kind of units he makes.
Introducing new elven units is something I intend to add at a later stage, yes. :)

That should be the reason why the elven forces are weaker in comparison to their Human and Dwarven allies. But the Dark elves are also weaker than them, so I suppose is some sort of racial disadvantage.
From a lore perspective, the Dark Elves have far more military than the Elves. They are much
more warlike than their "cousins".
From a gameplay perspective, if you had access to all Dark Elf units, you would probably
also consider them stronger than the current Elf roster.
hey Shar i just wanted to ask, will you at some point make a map for the loading screen before every mission for the True Legend of Arkain like warcraft 3 had? like where there is an red X that pinpoint where the mission takes place? i think it would be much more interesting then the regular screen it has now and will solve any confusion for peoples playing it as to where they currently are in the world.
The Second Human Book had custom loading screens which ate a ton of space,
effectively doubling the file size and loading times of the entire campaign
So for the time being I have no plans of adding new ones.

Level 20
I mean the only chapter that we get to play with a full elven roster is chapter 4 of the first Human book the latter elven units are part of other factions, and the elves of the Iron fist are still a minority its not like their entire army is being drilled and trained by the Ironfist's captains, they do have heavier Units if you remember during the chapter we usurp the elven throne the Red Guard has heavy elven units they seem to be a skin of the Champion/bodyguard unit from the orcs, its that we the players don't have access to them up until this point but the guy was asking if we the players get to play with em which I highly doubt we ever would get our hands on heavy units of the elves, since their armies dont see much involment in the war.

Dark elves might be weaker in over all stats when put side by side with the other factions counterparts but their units are far more quirky and offer far more diverse gameplay which you can make use off while the elven army only play style is mass archer/fly units for dps and have a jacked up frontline of Spell breakers or Judicators.

How sad would you be if I told you that they may be replaced? :p
I mean its not like I got to play with them to be sad seeing them gone, at worst you will replace them with a far stronger variant which is not sad its just more work for us to break the enemy bases they guard

Edit: Oh smth I might add here, since supposedly finally we'll get to see what the hell is going to happened to Lera on this version of arkain it might not be that farfetched that we might get to play her and her Red guard faction in one of the maps so in that regard MAYBE we get to play with heavier Elven units, who knows,

Level 16
Well, I think the same will apply to undead and orcs. It's particularly interesting for undead to have special units involving fallen of Tribal Dominion; would there be undead/skeleton centaurs, gnolls, harpies, and even goblins? As for orcs, the special units of Salrian remnants under the command of Vanessa would be a nice addition. Or maybe tamed vermin? Skullblade clan would like to try their hands on them.

Level 8
Well, I think the same will apply to undead and orcs. It's particularly interesting for undead to have special units involving fallen of Tribal Dominion; would there be undead/skeleton centaurs, gnolls, harpies, and even goblins? As for orcs, the special units of Salrian remnants under the command of Vanessa would be a nice addition. Or maybe tamed vermin? Skullblade clan would like to try their hands on them.
I see something likely something like humans being part of the Tribal Dominion, if the decision to enslave people instead of killing them is canon (We'll see it in The Kome), then these slaves plus the ones who join Vanessa, would matter as a militia in Salria, as... umh, "The Human Avant-Garde" or something. Personally, I think some humans could join with centaurs, you know, fight a corrupt, arrogant, stupid government, according to the second books, Salria humans had good business relations with centaurs, so I'm open to that possibility.
As for "pets", the descendants of the spider (I left the name) that as ate an entire clan, I think they would be a "nice" addition to the Skullblade clan, as companions of their hunters, or even mounts (I still do not forget that I suggested spider riders for a long time... it's worth dreaming, isn't it?).
You always have to expect the unpredictable, Shar almost always is like that, so it wouldn't seem strange to me that orcs find their "brothers" lost inside the dead mountain.

Level 19
Skullblade clan would like to try their hands on them.
Actually. While Gorthog and the skullblade clan keep existing every animal or subrace is a potential Ally.

I mean he tamed sea giants, and probably will tame the bears from the bear regiment. Maybe even some dragons. Not sure about the Vermin thought, they most likely only follow Progaderas orders.

Level 7
I see something likely something like humans being part of the Tribal Dominion, if the decision to enslave people instead of killing them is canon (We'll see it in The Kome), then these slaves plus the ones who join Vanessa, would matter as a militia in Salria, as... umh, "The Human Avant-Garde" or something. Personally, I think some humans could join with centaurs, you know, fight a corrupt, arrogant, stupid government, according to the second books, Salria humans had good business relations with centaurs, so I'm open to that possibility.
As for "pets", the descendants of the spider (I left the name) that as ate an entire clan, I think they would be a "nice" addition to the Skullblade clan, as companions of their hunters, or even mounts (I still do not forget that I suggested spider riders for a long time... it's worth dreaming, isn't it?).
You always have to expect the unpredictable, Shar almost always is like that, so it wouldn't seem strange to me that orcs find their "brothers" lost inside the dead mountain.
I would think some Humans, hating either Rengar or Kerral more, may see the Dominion as the lesser evil and migrate there. Might be pure speculation, but I think it possible.

Level 8
I would think some Humans, hating either Rengar or Kerral more, may see the Dominion as the lesser evil and migrate there. Might be pure speculation, but I think it possible.
I see that possibility too... but thinking more deeply, I don't know if what I'm going to say is "adequate", but I think the paladin of the kingdoms/empire wouldn't be very happy with brainwashing... Ahem... I mean, with the "charisma" of Gardon and the black dragons, so I think these have three paths to continue with their heads in place.
Zyanor and Rengar are discarded, in the first they would become barbecue for the queen of the black dragons and in the second they would become something like, "paladins of death"... ummmh... no better, on headless riders!"
They could go to:
A) Try to cross the ocean (And not die in the attempt is the most important part) and reach the empire
B) Join the Kerral Inquisition (Strangely suitable for what they are based on)
C) Choose from all the uncomfortable places, the least awkward of all and join the Dominion (Or some of its sub-factions, like vanessa's humans)
D) I know I said they only had three paths, but it works for me like Brian to Aridon, "I'll do it anyway" (Quoting Brian arguing with Aridon in my head) ... Ahem ... Back on topic ... Trying to ask for asylum / beg from the dwarves, although I understand that Zarin (I think he is called that) is a traditionalist who now hates immigrants (Any resemblance to reality is mere coincidence), the paladins were the only ones who They helped and are not a danger to the dwarves, Apart from being the least corrupt and arrogant of all humans (or at least that is what has been shown / talked about them)

Level 20
If shar were to incorporate the Salrian remnants into the dominion(gameplay wise) I'd like to see em as the new shock cavalry troops of the Dominion, let us not forget that the clan with the most cavalry among the orcs were the Darkminds and Rath who pretty much got wiped out again this time ny either Blenn or Harmos, so its quite possible the new dominion is left without proper cavalry to fill its ranks, and the Salrian knights are mentioned everywhere, i mean HELL most of their commanders in game all have a variant of the Human knight model. So if the humans were to be incorporated into the Dominons army in terms of gameplay id love for em to be the cavalry troops.

Level 7
If shar were to incorporate the Salrian remnants into the dominion(gameplay wise) I'd like to see em as the new shock cavalry troops of the Dominion, let us not forget that the clan with the most cavalry among the orcs were the Darkminds and Rath who pretty much got wiped out again this time ny either Blenn or Harmos, so its quite possible the new dominion is left without proper cavalry to fill its ranks, and the Salrian knights are mentioned everywhere, i mean HELL most of their commanders in game all have a variant of the Human knight model. So if the humans were to be incorporated into the Dominons army in terms of gameplay id love for em to be the cavalry troops.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Still, always best to only get the loyal and talented ones, though of course, Amari's shadow magic will handle that.

Level 20
@Ebanu8 Since the majority of the Salrian landed nobility/Magnates died during the orcish invasion of the kingdom i doubt the remaining human manpower would amount to much of a Resistance, they are scattered and leaderless also with the threat of the Demons looming from the east and Gardon breathing down their necks from the north much of them IMO would rather rally with the Current Leading class in favour of stability than risk another war, Not to mention humans still hold the majority in terms of numbers in the dominion so Amari will have to treat em with respect/ decency unless she wants to plunge her real into a civil war and loss access to its more resourceful portion of the manpower.

Level 16
It's possible many people in Salria would remain neutral in the conflict instead of opposing their kingdom openly. They would refuse to make a further ruckus in their already divided kingdom. After dominion wins, they would choose the winner as a benefactor. Kerrel's people are already defecting to Zyainor, but joining the dominion would look safe if the former is too threatening with its black dragons.

Well, Skullblade would seriously clash with Dark elves should they acquire spiders. Dark elves arguably find the spiders sacred, and the sight of greenskins riding revered arachnids would be a perfect insult to them. Oh, perhaps Lenira nexus vs Skullblade clan is possible? Specifically, in Bonelords mission?
It will be nice if there is a new nexus dedicated to the fallen of tribal dominion. That would make a total of 10 nexus which is lot but still a fine number. I imagine the leaders would be fallen Rangul, Rath, and maybe even Sasrogarn. It's, however, of course, up to Aridon's permission if he wants to add brutes into his rank.
Well, Salria arc is perhaps the largest and the most pivotal arc in Arkain history. It marked the first major undead defeat, solidified the backbone of tribal dominion, official subtraction of Salria from Kingdoms, and united all the major forces into the final arc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10

While it makes sense, it also makes sense for me that the Salrian cavalry got badly decimated since I guess its nobility was a big component of said cavalry. So I think a less noble-heavy and glamorous part of Salria, but not less efficient in any way, namely its Pikemen, could join the Dominion as an anti-cavalry force. Especially when Centaurs can become this cavalry too.

Level 7
@Ebanu8 Since the majority of the Salrian landed nobility/Magnates died during the orcish invasion of the kingdom i doubt the remaining human manpower would amount to much of a Resistance, they are scattered and leaderless also with the threat of the Demons looming from the east and Gardon breathing down their necks from the north much of them IMO would rather rally with the Current Leading class in favour of stability than risk another war, Not to mention humans still hold the majority in terms of numbers in the dominion so Amari will have to treat em with respect/ decency unless she wants to plunge her real into a civil war and loss access to its more resourceful portion of the manpower.
That is definitely a certainty, and with most of the nobility comprising Salria's cavalry, the remainder will fill in the roles. I think the Dominion would prefer supplementing its heavy cavalry with more mobile lighter cavalry. Remember the Outriders and such? On the matter of Amari, however, I do hope Shar gives her a lovely husband she loves/can use.
Well, Skullblade would seriously clash with Dark elves should they acquire spiders. Dark elves arguably find the spiders sacred, and the sight of greenskins riding revered arachnids would be a perfect insult to them. Oh, perhaps Lenira nexus vs Skullblade clan is possible? Specifically, in Bonelords mission?
It will be nice if there is a new nexus dedicated to the fallen of tribal dominion. That would make a total of 10 nexus which is lot but still a fine number. I imagine the leaders would be fallen Rangul, Rath, and maybe even Sasrogarn. It's, however, of course, up to Aridon's permission if he wants to add brutes into his rank.
Well, Salria arc is perhaps the largest and the most pivotal arc in Arkain history. It marked the first major undead defeat, solidified the backbone of tribal dominion, official subtraction of Salria from Kingdoms, and united all the major forces into the final arc.
Skullblade Orcs Riding Spiders
Dark Elves: You heathen greenskins dare to ride the sacred arachnids? You shall be punished for your heresy, your arrogance and your hubris!!! We dedicate this battle to you, Divine One!
Aridon: Sure, go wild. I don't care.
Skullblade Orcs: What a bunch of underground hippie imbeciles...
Amari: Aren't most Elves a bunch of ignorant imbeciles?
It's possible many people in Salria would remain neutral in the conflict instead of opposing their kingdom openly. They would refuse to make a further ruckus in their already divided kingdom. After dominion wins, they would choose the winner as a benefactor. Kerrel's people are already defecting to Zyainor, but joining the dominion would look safe if the former is too threatening with its black dragons.
The people of Salria hated their old overlords, and I think Gardon would try to not be too threatening towards them with the Black Dragons, at least until they piss him off somehow. I wonder if there are snipplets of Orcs intermarrying with the Humans and other Dominion Races? Okri's a living example of a Half-Human, Half-Orc. Of course, this is up to Shar.

Level 20
While it makes sense, it also makes sense for me that the Salrian cavalry got badly decimated since I guess its nobility was a big component of said cavalry. So I think a less noble-heavy and glamorous part of Salria, but not less efficient in any way, namely its Pikemen, could join the Dominion as an anti-cavalry force. Especially when Centaurs can become this cavalry too.
Shar is the only one who could say for certain this, BUT i think on the arkain universe being a knight doesn't require you to be of nobel birth, like it was the tradition of the old medieval western kingdoms, they are just another army regiment kinda like the Byzantine and the Sassanid empires had their cavalry regiments calles Cataphragoi, or the mongol empire with their horse archers/heavylancers but only Shar could say for certain that.
@Shar Dundred

Level 19
I think is easier to get a dwarven nexus with Mordin as his leader than the orcs having one. The undead probably took Duke Redfist corpse (no where to be found) and Aridon would prefer to have this asset with his new power + hate to the orcs than having he be mad with an orc nexus.
Also, nor the players nor Aridon would like to play as UNDEAD Sasrogarn.

That is definitely a certainty, and with most of the nobility comprising Salria's cavalry, the remainder will fill in the roles. I think the Dominion would prefer supplementing its heavy cavalry with more mobile lighter cavalry.
Pigmen joins the Dominions´s Ranks after the SOB, so maybe Pig raiders is what you are looking for. Both Centaurs as heavy and Pig as manouver cavalry. Or the other way around.

Shar is the only one who could say for certain this, BUT i think on the arkain universe being a knight doesn't require you to be of nobel birth, like it was the tradition of the old medieval western kingdoms, they are just another army regiment kinda like the Byzantine and the Sassanid empires had their cavalry regiments calles Cataphragoi, or the mongol empire with their horse archers/heavylancers but only Shar could say for certain that.
I think so too. Probably most of the Knights of Kome are even nobel, just people who wants to join a Knight order or destroy the orcs (until Redfist appeared)

Well, Skullblade would seriously clash with Dark elves should they acquire spiders. Dark elves arguably find the spiders sacred, and the sight of greenskins riding revered arachnids would be a perfect insult to them.
So... the Lenira´s are in bad terms with the Ejara´s? I mean the ejara´s enslaved the nerubians, a kind of spider. Maybe not because they served Aridon above else but who knows.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Many lesser nobles join the ranks of the Knights in both the Kingdom and the Empire but no,
the rank of a mounted knight is not limited to nobility.

While the Salrian knights' arrogance is unquestionable, it is not because they are all parts of nobility.
As a matter of fact, Salria - even with its class conflicts - is much more likely than the other Kingdoms
or the Empire to encourage those who are not of noble birth into joining its knightly regiments if they
are skilled enough while they are also more likely to dismiss nobility if they lack skill.
You will find far more non-noble knights within the cavalry forces of Salria than in any other human nation.
In Salria, accomplishments like Greymoore's rise into nobility are also less "special". A knight who proves himself
both as fighter and leader can also be able to join nobility.
Interestingly, this progressive way of the Salrian military also has its downside. As mentioned several times, it
is the higher class that has a problem with the centaurs, not the "ordinary" Salrian. There are both knights and
knight commanders that are fighting a war with people who they don't really want to fight. This has split the knights
into two groups: The ones that see the centaurs as invaders and the ones that have no problem with them as long as
they can live in peace together. To counter this, the Salrian military has been using propaganda for years, even encouraging
the idea of Salrians (and by extend the human race as a whole) standing above non-Humans, effectively encouraging
the very arrogance that the Salrians are known for.

Level 19
While the Salrian knights' arrogance is unquestionable, it is not because they are all parts of nobility.
As a matter of fact, Salria - even with its class conflicts - is much more likely than the other Kingdoms
or the Empire to encourage those who are not of noble birth into joining its knightly regiments if they
are skilled enough while they are also more likely to dismiss nobility if they lack skill.
Like Zyainor, that´s a good point for Salria.

Interestingly, this progressive way of the Salrian military also has its downside. As mentioned several times, it
is the higher class that has a problem with the centaurs, not the "ordinary" Salrian. There are both knights and
knight commanders that are fighting a war with people who they don't really want to fight.
That´s a bad point for Salrian nobles, not Salria as a whole.

To counter this, the Salrian military has been using propaganda for years, even encouraging
the idea of Salrians (and by extend the human race as a whole) standing above non-Humans, effectively encouraging
the very arrogance that the Salrians are known for.
And that´s a good reason to feel zero remorse about what happened to the Salrian Nobles. So probably the Blackthorne have the humans that wasn´t nobles and were skilled enough. Extra point to the Dominion.

Level 20
So that explains their over representation of mounted warriors in their ranks, they'd fill a nice niche as shock trops for the dominon sice most salarians have no problem co-inhabiting with other races and sinc most of the xenophobic elite already dead there aren't many of those around to stir the pot.

Level 8
I think if we talk about the dominion army we could last whole days trying to give it a "military training", but I think the domain can be organized like this:
Light infantry: Human militia, or human soldiers if they manage to organize their armed forces well, with warriors and gnoll hunters (If my memory serves me right, I think these are to overwhelm the enemy).
First line at a distance: Dark trolls
Shock cavalry: Salrian light cavalry (After conquest, of course), centaur archers and pig riders.
Shock Infantry: Orcs (A bit of all non-magical clans), more specifically, those of the Deathbreezer, Goldaxe and SkullBlade clans (I think they are the clans that value agility and maneuverability as much as physical strength)
Frontline stamina troops: rock golem, cyclops and bear men
Heavy Infantry: ShieldBreaker (I think we all agree here)
Anti-cavalry infantry: Salrian pikemen (I can't think of who else could enter here)
Heavy Cavalry: The Centaurs, let's just say our Human Blacksmiths give you quality gear just like the Shieldbreaker ...
Ranged Troops: Elite Black Trolls, Dragon Hunters, and Goblin Rocketeers.
Long Range Troops (Siege Included): "Insert goblin artifacts here"
Air Troops: "Insert goblin artifacts here" (Again), "Insert any SkullBlade pet that can fly" (We will no longer just have the wind riders to fight in the air)
Aerial Dominion: Red Dragons and Bronze Dragons (Dah)
Heavy Stamina Troops: Elite Ogres and Bearmen
Support Troops: "Insert ALL wizards here"
Maritime forces: ... Eh ... Eh ... Eh ... Orc frigates? ... Goblin battleships? ... Sea giants? ... I'm not really sure (Although I think this aspect is not so important to the Dominion ... or is it?)

• For ambushes I think a combination between black trolls and spiders would be the best option
  • For sabotage we have the goblins or the Goldaxe clan
  • Espionage ... But what am I saying? ... YOU HAVE BRIAN ... please.

Level 20
I mean thats a neat way to re-organize the dominion army but gameplay wise that would be a step down to the diversity of the dominion roster imo, the best way to manage a dominion roster would be to not give the player full access to all the units, I'll use an example here, if let us say the hero leading the army would be a Dark Troll and an Ogre then we get access to their units + the basic units, like we dont get access to Shieldbreakers but we get access to Ogre units, let us not forget that while on a first glanced the Dominion looks like an any other kingdom with its Monarch at the head Amari stated that each race INCLUDING here the orc clans will still retain their own autonomy with a retained autonomy come a slew of things so this approach would look more realistic IMO.

Id like to think that this approach also, would help resolve the issue that has plagued the second orc book, while we had a very diverse roster all of us went pretty much for the same army composition and completley disregarded all the other units.

Level 8
I mean thats a neat way to re-organize the dominion army but gameplay wise that would be a step down to the diversity of the dominion roster imo, the best way to manage a dominion roster would be to not give the player full access to all the units, I'll use an example here, if let us say the hero leading the army would be a Dark Troll and an Ogre then we get access to their units + the basic units, like we dont get access to Shieldbreakers but we get access to Ogre units, let us not forget that while on a first glanced the Dominion looks like an any other kingdom with its Monarch at the head Amari stated that each race INCLUDING here the orc clans will still retain their own autonomy with a retained autonomy come a slew of things so this approach would look more realistic IMO.

Id like to think that this approach also, would help resolve the issue that has plagued the second orc book, while we had a very diverse roster all of us went pretty much for the same army composition and completley disregarded all the other units.
Something like the nexus?, I think a very good idea, it would also be more realistic, since it would be obvious that each general has his "preferences".
Let's say we leave the basic troops, such as the grunts, the dark trolls, the catapults, the raider, the wind rider and the shaman, then depending on who "leads the battle" (In the playable, in the canon it will be something different) we will have extra troops, for example, if we have Vanessa (This would already be advanced in the campaign) then we can do human light cavalry (I think not for nothing they called them "Knights of Kome"), small siege golem (They would not have many resources / freedom to make it better) and human priest, but it would also allow "Improve" the base troops, for example replacing the catapults with cannons, or even improving the grunts to Shieldbreaker (Not those already invoked for obvious reasons and it would be an improvement for the end of the game) , this would add much more replayability.
Let's just think for a moment what we could have:
Grunts + Amari = Orc Hunters female
Shamans + Zairmak = Chosen of Zairmak
Catapult + Pechan: Goblin rocketeer, although personally I would expect a huge cannon, called as "The big one" ... or something like that
Wind Rider + SkullBlade = Masters of the Skies
Raider + Goldaxe = Armored Raider
Black Troll + Black Troll = Wait a minute ... Analyzing ... I did something stupid, is that right? ... The end ... Tribal elite.
It would be very good in the playable... I do not know if it is impossible or very difficult to do, but it does not hurt to throw ideas into the air. My previous comment was more oriented to how his armed forces would be after the events of the second books, according to what I know of them.

Level 16
The review for new updates:
- Finally, Splecir getting the treatment it deserves. The new units are awesome and aesthetic, and not just simple revenants. Spirit Legionnaire now lives up to its name with its new model. Lifescorcher, Exalted, and Scourge to name a few. I checked out the units available for Slaves of the Demon, and found some suggestibles: Lesser revenant's Ancient Blacksmithing requires 'Temple of the Serfdom' to be researched, and there is no such building in techtree. Scourge's disease cloud... well, since it's not fleshly, rather incorporeal, unit it should be given a different ability. Maybe something like "Pestilence/Degeneration cloud" which infects the enemies with clouds that reduce armor (preferably by -2). On the next mission, Lifescorcher had 'mark of chaos'-like ability and it was fine. Exalted having 'vampiric aura' fills the role of "Officer/Greywolf" type unit in Splecir nexus so that's fine.
-The Terrors of Old: Ah, the interaction between Aveen and Gardon... A pity that Aveen wasn't playable in this mission. It seems as if they had been fond of each other cuz of Aveen's 'my thero'. Well, who knows. And yeah, massive chaos in the forest was entertaining to watch:grin:. Raszar and the Forgotten confirmed to have served Dark One... now, things are getting even more interesting. Raszar getting beaten to submission is quite symbolic; the humbler evil defeats the more arrogant evil (Demons vs Forgotten). And yeah, Kersidar now proves to be a game-changer. He quite knows how to change the course, doesn't he? Well, little did he know betrayal ultimately led to his demise. Yet again, fine execution! Keep going, Shar. :thumbs_up:

Level 5
I know, it's a weird thing to ask but let's say that i was hooked on the Arkain the first time i saw it on youtube, to the point of nearly died getting hands on warcraft copy that is 1.29.1 which surprisignly works flawlessly even if 1.29.2 is required but it doesnt matter. I just joined the site and i wonder if it's okey to write wall of story wise appriciation here in the topic as well as question few stuff ?

And i guess the demo of arkain true story is now expanded version of normal campaign but focused on all races at once they key moments in their stories. It's kinda cool even if i prefer more detailed standalone race story experience so far ;P

Level 5
Thank you !

Well to start i must say that i am thankful for great time spend on playing your campaign. I have found out about it on Youtube video and i searched far and wide for war 1.29 copy just to play it and the second books. Kudos to you.

I must say that most impactful thing in whole campaign (idk of it's canon or not but hell if its not it's such a miss i think :p) The moment when corrupted Aedele finds out that her that her father actually loved her alot, and was in pain seeing her in the prison. The interaction with sister as well, i personally stopped from killing the father. In Epilogue we could see that her body was took over by the demoness Aedele merged with, which is i think quite a big deal, early in campaign of book one it was said that Aedele was young mage with tremedous power and potential, to the point that lich in caves, past dragonslayer acknowledged her at such young age. Now after this all this time Aedele has only grown in power through shard, eye, and then absorbing demoness herself, not even mentioning about experience and knowledge she gained along the way. To put it simply, demoness right now is in possesion of very powerful body, i am sure that it'll end up in something grand.

I am also interested, the sister after seeing Aedele in pain being unable to ressist wasnt mad, she wasnt angry at Aedele even after their dad died, i felt out from her words afterwards that she was going to find out a way to help Aedele. What also struck hard is that their father in prison said that he would give his life for Aedele to recover... i think it's what exactly is going to happen and happened which just adds up to the tragedy of Aedele. idk if anyone pointed it out, that Aedele case is quite similiar to Arthas himself, both had great power and potential, both sadly shown no restraint in it, both wanted to prove themselfs and help, but from diffrent emotional upbringings, i feel like PROPABLY Aedele is youngest of Redfist sisters, maybe they have more i can't say that, but in Aedele case she have slight inferiority complex that were pushing her to prove herself and do risky choices, even willing to take on bad stuff for sake of others. Both had the love, Blen Greymoore that died on her eyes scarring her further. Even as demoness took over Aedele body i don't think it's over indeed, while physical changes to her body might be permament as i saw horns Aedele isn't out yet. If taken literarly they merged, it means similiar case to Lich King, in both cases of Arthas and Aedele now, she's still there somewhere, but after emotional trauma most likely were unable to hold on and demoness had easy time taking full control. She just need help, which remind me of Cora Redfist, she heard whispers that said they could help her to recover her sister. Who were they ? Can they do it ? How they know it all? few choices, either it's The Watcher himself Aridon or the enigma that is Lord Brian, or maybe someone else? The left her orb of darkness, which adds more questions, it summons skeletons which is Aridon thing, but it's also Darkness which is Brian.

Another great character and interaction of them is between Salana and King Zarin. They grown on each other, not in romatic way by all means but Zarin value Salana really alot, he might even consider her like his best friend, even as a king, he was furious when he heard about her case, he's good king which is surprising as at first i got the idea of him being rash and easy to anger, he grown into fine dwarf. Salana case is very mysterious and interesting, people might find her boring but she have principles, like Blen had. She is honorable elf doing what she can for her people, compared to Larine the Exiled, she doesnt herself care for power in the slightest, she's honest and straight. She in my opinion would be good queen for the elves, Larine became the queen for herself and her selfish desires, she thought that she knew better then past Queen that was murdered and to continue her selfishness she slept with Gardon to have his kids, to put herself more firmly on the throne, knowingly that they wont be able to be together.

While i have alot more to say maybe in future posts if it's fine that is in my closing words i would say that whole tale of arkain so far is tale of misunderstandings. Besides demons, every race and alot of interactions between other people, most of bad things that came to be is made because of them and that others misunderstood what x person is truly doing. Easiest example is in fact elven Queen Renova. Misunderstood by part of her people, misunderstood by Larine, and misunderstood by Saphira. And because of all that she lies dead, children that are really importent, twins born of her and Emperor himself taken by undead, and kingdom took over by selfish queen Larine. I am sure that undeads will use the children to lure emperor, make him come to the continent himself or force him to go all out which will end badly, or who knows !

Level 6
Can somebody clean up the Arkain Fandom from the typos and errors, I cannot edit it on my phone. Editing in mobile was hard, I rather edit on computer rather on my phone.

And please add more content there, like the pictures here in Shar's account, just to boost that site.

Please.

Level 7
Can somebody clean up the Arkain Fandom from the typos and errors, I cannot edit it on my phone. Editing in mobile was hard, I rather edit on computer rather on my phone.

And please add more content there, like the pictures here in Shar's account, just to boost that site.

Please.
I might think about it, a little busy right now but will eventually get to it.