1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean its great that u have Ideas and all but its boring waiting just so u know <3

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I appreciate that you like the short stories, but I am writing & releasing them at my own pace.

3. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    Got a question here, about the choices related to first orc book.
    The choices regarding the first orc book we had to make "manually" in choices of Orckind, how many of them really affected the missions? Here are some of my observations:-
    Choices of FOB - Consequences in SOB
    1) Killing Progaderas the Smoking - Progaderas attacks Tribal dominion in the mission against Redfist and Daric's mercs. (The one where Papa Redfist dies)
    2) Vanessa fails to convince Sasrogarn - objective to unlock secret chapter.
    3) Defeating the base of Humans first rather than undead - objective to unlock secret chapter.
    4) Salomar survives in last chapter - Order of Paladin is not included in Coats of Gold.
    ---Rest??

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  4. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's the relation between Sir Praxeus and King Gardon? What's their back-story?

5. trycex

trycex

Resources:
    Resources:
    BBF maybe? Before gardon learned shadow magic, they talk about the past and use amulets of friendship? My theory.

6. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who might be the demoness who saved Sir Praxeus? [From the Short Tales of Arkain]

7. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The short story included her name. :peasant-wink:
    Has not appeared in the campaigns as of yet.

8. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All humans related choice contributes to the secret chapter. Some choices might look subtle, but there are effects of it.

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just read the new story "Guardian of the North"

The very ground was nothing but scorched earth and lava. Only very few places still were green and could be used as farmland - and those were all created with magic, not natural. Any natural source of food or water in the lands that he ruled over had ceased to exist long before his ancestors had been forced into servitude.

So...the Void is basically Mordor?

Is it just me or does these servants are heavily based on the Warriors of Chaos from the Warhammer universe?

He had been named the Guardian of the North.

Ah yes, Lord Bale of House Stark :)

Blaes loathed all who joined the Demon Slaves willingly. They were blind and weak in mind, no matter how powerful they were otherwise.
    Bales was nothing like those who joined the Demons willingly. He belonged to the old families, he was a descendant of those who had willingly sold their souls to the Demons. He was born and raised on this side of the Void, like many others. Unlike most of them, however, he had not made a new pact with any particular Demon to either renew the bond or to gain any advantage.

So he is doing this simply because of his ancestors' mistakes and out of duty to his family. That makes him very relatable...

Only other Demon Slaves continued to do so - the irony of slaves sending slaves of their own was not lost on Bales, yet he himself had no interest in keeping slaves. The fools should know better than wanting their own slaves.

He has a very good point. They are slaves and yet they enslave others. Maybe they do this in hopes that it will make them feel better about themselves, like if they aren't indeed in the bottom of the hierarchy...

In the bedroom, Bales' concubine awaited those slaves with a smile, some tea and food. They would sit together, drink, eat and talk. Ironically, the Demon Slaves in the north treated their pleasure slaves poorly and therefore those pleasure slaves were very thankful to be treated like ordinary beings for once.

Bales you are in my book :thumbs_up:

But one day... One day, Bales would not bow to the Demons anymore - neither to the kings of the west or the dangers of the north. One day, he would be his own master. And when that day had come, nobody would stand in his way. Nobody.

While I like his ambition, chances are very low of him achieving this, at least without ever facing retribution from his demon masters or another faction seeing his secession as an opportunity to reclaim lands.

10. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bales is a pretty unique character. I don't think any other character has made me instantly dislike them the second I heard their name for the first time. He didn't even need to do anything else. I can see why the demon slaves aren't the biggest fans of his. There's just something about his name that immediately gives people bad impressions of him.
    Anyway, after reading the entire story, I have to say he is far more intelligent and humane than I thought. His treatment of certain slaves is something that you would never expect. And his stance on most demon slaves is something that a servant of the demons should theoretically not be able to have.
    His ambition may be the end of him at one point though. What he wants is simply unachievable, especially with entities like the dark one, Aridon and Brian around.

monoplize -> monopolize
    Blaes -> Bales
    succubi on ther other -> succubi on the other
    loyality -> loyalty

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You could say that, yeah.
    I did not intentionally base anything on anything. It does happen that there are parallels because tons of stuff already exist (I recall being asked if Toran was a Naruto reference which I never watched in my entire life I.e.) so it is bound to be similar. When I first designed the Demon Slaves, I did not know as much about the Warriors of Chaos as now.
    Some of my characters have been created by me in other media (I.e. avatars in other games or stories I wrote) though. Maybe I will touch on this topic if people are interested. Bales was a character I created for Age of Wonders Planetfall at first, to give a small taste. :p
    New favorite? ;)
    He is patient. :D
    You give his name a bad name. :p
    Positively surprised then?
    I mean, he has no way of knowing all that. :p

12. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep. People with high ranks of power in any government in Arkain have always given me incredibly bad first impressions, even if I grew to like them later. ;)
    He is the exact opposite.

If he's at least never heard of Aridon I pity him. He's truly been living under a rock.

13. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Including Zyainor and Kerrel? :p