1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Hardric62

Hardric62

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't pick the Leadership Bonus for the Darkness Orb ever, if I remember it right. If you do, Cora will systematically snatch Retka's powers. Not sure about which one is canon though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spoiler tags man, spoiler tags!

3. ShadowGamerXXX

ShadowGamerXXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you select Cora's special boni before you got to that point?
    If your answer is yes... then everything works fine, that boni will cause Cora to absorb Rekta and you have no choice to change it (unless you don't choose that boni).
    I guess the canon is that Cora listens to the whispers and finally absorbs Rekta.

to avoid double post, I'll place this with the answer to the question above.

Here again with other crazy ideas for the first books... this time it's up to the human book.

1) Racial differences in the towers

One controls humans, elves and denters, each variation is different from the other... but the towers are the same, my suggestion is as follows... allow to update the towers, but restrict updates to each race... Confused?, in that case I give a few examples:

Only humans can upgrade archer towers to ballerstates, upgrading it gains +15% attack speed, +75 HP, and +4 damage.

Only elves can upgrade to elf towers to anti-magic towers, by upgrading it halves cooldown time to use their ability to discover an area, can use dissipation every 40 seconds, and burns 30 MP per hit (Makes 30 additional damage to the troops summoned).

Only denters can upgrade to cannon towers to missile tower, upgrading it gains +200 range and increases area damage size by 50%.

2) A few more improvements to the logic of missions.

First of all... I am surprised that Merlon's mission is not available the flying troop of humans (which they do in all the other books), which I dislike, i know that the mission focuses on the ships, but without flying attack troops it feels a little empty.

Secondly, in my opinion in the missions that Salomar is available, a paladin must be with him (replaces a knight with a paladin), I believe that the leader of the order of the paladins if he goes on a dangerous mission should be accompanied by someone of the order , in that case those missions should be made more difficult, since two units with divine light would be very powerful in the right hands.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  4. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone clear up some things as:-
    Why Order of Bleeding was established?
    What are the consequences of choices we make in each book?
    Shar, will you upload a standalone map of macro version of Betrayal ( Last mission of First Human Book)?

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1) To fight the traitors within
    2) That is a lot of consequences to go through
    3) No, why would I?

6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is a post about the consequences of the player's choices in the first and second human book:
    How far will you sacrifice humanity? [SPOILER]

7. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) How did Aaron found out about the betrayal by Genethas?
    2) Guess, I'll have to note down each consequence then..
    3) Here's why..
    Betrayal.png

8. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah. Well, there have been imporvements since then.
    If the macro map makes its return, it will not be as "standalone" but as replacement for the
    campaign mission.

9. Paul Emirique Ibanez

Paul Emirique Ibanez

Resources:
    Resources:
    I need help guys my game just turned into a f*cking reforged in the update... How can I turn it back?

10. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You van unforge it by getting previous patch files.

11. Paul Emirique Ibanez

Paul Emirique Ibanez

Resources:
    Resources:
    The previous patch files still updates to reforge

12. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do not use launcher. Use the x86 Warcraft 3 files (or x86_64)

13. Paul Emirique Ibanez

Paul Emirique Ibanez

Resources:
    Resources:
    How to do this?

14. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You need to get 1.29 or 1.31 patch from somewhere first, then open the install folder of that patch and there's the folder you seek.

15. Rhapsodie

Rhapsodie

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Paul Emirique Ibanez

Paul Emirique Ibanez

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. Khush352

Khush352

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is going on in Rengar? The tales of Arkain feature about the quarantined areas and walling the city? Will it be revealed further in the Second Undead Book?......Wait a minute, were the Undead responsible for the plague in Rengar? Why would they do it? It clearly disturbs the "balance" of Arkain. Also, any thoughts on Queen Keera? I think Rahandir was responsible for reanimating her. What'cha think?

18. Rhapsodie

Rhapsodie

Resources:
    Resources:

The plague in Rengar happens quite some time after the events of the Second Books , so there are slightly chances will get more information about it in the Undead Book.
    While the Undead may be a first option there are also other powerfull beings in Arkain capable of causing a plague of that proportion.
    I don't think Rahandir can do something without Aridon knowing and allowing it.

19. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shar will we have some short story soon ????
    I am bored so i re-read them hundreed times now :)

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have WIPs and more ideas than you can imagine, but I do not have a short story being actively
    written atm.