1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah it pissed me off royally that I cant undo the upgrade from w3 to w3 reforged. And that update started on its own without even asking me... so im having that update on permanent hold and hoping that it will let me play the original w3
    but then... given what blizzard was doing since merging with activision... "Nobody seen that coming"... said noone

2. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002

Resources:
    Resources:
    anyone know is there a thread somewhere in Hiveworkshop about reforged bugs?

3. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  4. ShadowGamerXXX

ShadowGamerXXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've had some ideas for the first orc book (the least loved of all, and since you're going to do a definitive campaign I'll expose a few crazy ideas here).

1) Spiders in the Darkmind clan:

Killing the Spider Queen is almost always the best option (useful Item and extra support on an already difficult mission), letting her live alone will give you support in a mission in which you start with enough to win... The worst of all is that if you choose Blen's side, the spiders attacking don't reappear anymore.
    When the Darkmind clan is removed, Rath senses the deep hatred of spiders against General Blen, in the event of the spider queen's death, Rath doesn't give it importance, claiming that they probably die soon when they are heavily weakened by the loss of their monarch and leaves. .. In case the Spider Queen lives, Rath will notice that more enthusiastically and propose to join the Darkmind clan to share together Rath's enormous vengeance.

The Spider Rider (only available to the Darkmind clan, until Rath's death).
    It is a medium-range troop with slow venom (Throws poisoned axes), possesses good life and movement speed, can learn web.

The spider queen is not so stupid and so keeps safe distance with the battle against Blen, seeing any death of Rath she decides to leave her revenge like this, as she lost many generations of strong children following Rath, only for this end, then leaves with Lokar and is joins the Dominion alongside Ironthunder clan and cyclops.

Cons:
    -Find the right model for this troop.
    -You can become the best option, moving to the previous one, going back to the same problem that you try to solve :p

2) Exiled Sasrogarn:

A way to leave the bastard alive, making certain decisions (how to capture the coast to attack Merlon from two different sides) Sasrogarn will conclude that Amari is much better than him, the insecure wants to talk to Grozag to see what he believes is , then talks to Zairmak and admits that he is not the right one to command, knowing that he could destroy what his father built... Zairmak for a moment is reflected in the, "following the traditions as absolute truth is very bad idea", come the others and Sasrogarn mentions that he already knows who the leader is... and who respects him, not because he wants, but in honor of his father, that statement causes some discrepancy and Amari tries to unite everyone under the original plan, but in the end they come to the conclusion of... Amari leader of the dominion and Sasrogarn ends up exiled to avoid very possible inconveniences in the future for his pride and cowardice... Sasrogarn leaves and does not reappear anymore... then you can tell that he became an unimportant mercenary of The Blackthorn to close the plot.

Cons:
    -I see it very unlikely, because everyone hates Sasrogarn (including me :p) and the mere feeling that he still lives somewhere can cause feelings a little bitter.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some small stuff today:
    First of, remember how I did some Arkain stuff in other games? Here's an edited Larine:
    upload_2020-2-4_1-2-42.png

And Gardon!
    upload_2020-2-4_1-3-0.png

Here I am actually curious, on a scale from 1 to 10, how "Gardony" does that look to you?
    And what would you do to make it look more like our favorite general?

Also, check out this, we are collecting some nice images from the past (and maybe there will be more?) :
    Arkain Memes | HIVE

6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good, but I feel he could use some more muscle :)

7. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gardon does not give me the feel that he would like any sort of ornaments, anything thats not purely practical (unless the 2 rods on his helmet are a radio receiver that is :D ). Love the Larine model! Do we get to see her anywhere other than the second human book?

8. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    IMHO Gardon needs a fearsome model, that model its ok but dont have that "aura"...

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gym Gardon? :)
    To be fair: His model's "helmet wings" are not very practical either. :)
    :)
    Perhaps. :p
    Not dark enough?

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its dark enough, but like i said need "inspire" more fear, maybe some spikes? or need a little more red?...

12. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gardon needs a way bigger and better-looking sword. The thing he's holding looks like a dagger. If you can add a shadow effect on the weapon, it would look even better.
    The armour he's wearing is pretty light. And not dark enough when we compare it to his WC3 model.
    The helmet should cover his mouth. The red on his helmet can be removed and replaced with brown or yellow.
    An aura effect can be added to make him look a lot more menacing.

13. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    True enough. Since he knows his reputation and actually puts it to good use... maybe give him more of a "terror of the field" look? The samurai of old Japan used to wear masks for this exact purpose and Gardon would surely make use of that as well. That would usually involve hiding your facial features tho...

14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    New attempt (do not look at the face/helmet, that is not Gardon, it is just a different armor set).

upload_2020-2-4_17-35-9.png

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

16. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks ok, now need the proper colors

17. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Think Gardon's armor should look bigger. The OG model had that feel attached to it. Imagine warhammer space marine armor type of thing. Helmet should be more brownish imo.

18. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those shoulders make him look bigger than he is under it, makes him look stronger, more intimidating. Cool stuff, like it.

19. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah, I just think bulky dudes look more scary and stand out more. Gardon should have both.

20. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excuse me people but i got a question...

In the interlude between Ch.06 and Ch.07, sometimes it appears a choice to choose Rekta over Cora, but sometimes dont, what should i do to make this to happen?

And as a side note: Which one is the canon?