1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ShadowGamerXXX

ShadowGamerXXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm thinking it's... Sir Praxeus... if you remember the old short stories (I see very annoying Shar), he is looking for the holy grail (I think that's his name), he even possesses the descendant of the wolf of Gardon... Well... it is very interesting that an abandoned story finds reborn (First short stories... Then short story updates... Then DLC of short stories?) [/ SPOILER]

2. trycex

trycex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, "He knew that aura well. Too well." He fought against gardon and survived.

3. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shar. When we will get any info regarding SUB ?

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Work on the SUB is behind closed curtains for the time being.
    I will keep info scarce for now. That will change when I think that the time is right. :)

5. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002

Resources:
    Resources:
    ookie dookie then

6. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gentlemen, I would like to let you know that I will post news regarding the future of Arkain & what I intend to do in the next few years - yes, you read right, years - this evening.
    Stay tuned!

7. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    So many hard missions compiled into one mega campaign... Well, I'm definitely excited.
    The choices can still be kept, but those that alter the story in a drastic way will have to be removed unfortunately.

8. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    At long last, the choices we make with one race will affect the other races as well.

9. alexsa2015sa

alexsa2015sa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd personally think choices that alter the story in a drastic way are actually the best, if you can incorporate them into story so it doesn't break down altogether. Most obvious are the likes of
    Gardon/not Gardon
    endings of course.

It'll obviously take much more effort if so, but the feeling your old, old choices actually matter during all campaigns was awesome in a way original Warcraft never dared to deliver.

10. Rlciu

Rlciu

Resources:
    Resources:
    What are your plans with Warcraft 3 reforged ?

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  12. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wish to have a backup of W3 before patch 1.31, why? well since i update the game and "both" merge into one i can no longer play it, dont know i have to despise Blizzard for that...

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The utter dissapointment of Warcraft Reforged...
    The sheer dissapointiment that was the finale of Battle for Azeroth...
    The oncoming dissapointment that will be Shadowlands...

Blizzard's reputation surely has lowered considerably...

14. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well indeed its a dissapointment what happened to me, YET I cant really say that Reforged its a deception to me because i havent play it and what i see so far, its just the same game but "more cute". Shar mention that the game dont have the Custom Campaing option but IMHO we must wait until Blizzard decide to release more info about their plans...

15. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't mean to say that Reforged is a dissapointment, but yesterday I saw a 20 minute long video on Youtube explaining why the launch was a dissapointment. Apparently, Reforged is going to need a lot of fixes already.

Shar even warned to NOT download it until they made Custom Campaigns avaiable. Custom Campaigns are, in my opinion, one of the best assets that Warcraft 3 has and not having it in Reforged kind of sucks if you ask me.

16. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do not worry, poor souls who have been forced to download a patch that disables custom campaigns,
    There is a way out!
    I would not let you suffer the absence of the, well, suffering of Arkain!
    It is 1.29.2 instead of 1.31.X but imo the better version to begin with...

17. trycex

trycex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arkain true story sounds difficulty but cool, because you can make a "official canon" the tales of arkain use the SHB with gardon by default, after all was the first.

"Especially the First Books will benefit from these changes." Yeah the first book share a lot and some choice really break the time line(maybe).

Golden guard route
    Gardon: how the f#$# di I losed?!
    Van durce: The power of CHOICE!
    Hammer strike in gardon's face

18. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shar - as to not making this campaign for W3 reforged - good choice, apparently anything you now make in W3 Reforged editor is the intellectual property of Blizzard

19. Axmand

Axmand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Considering that W3 (Vanilla) and Reforged are the "same" game, technically speaking if you make map for W3 they can still claim it as a intellectual property, so its a double edge sword you know...

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard has already claimed ownership of everything for years, people just did not notice it - we actually had a talk about that topic in 2018.
    How valid that claim actually is, is a different thing.
    But this thread is not to discuss such matters. This is my Arkain and it will stay that way, no matter what Blizzard claims. :)