1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick report #2 bout new units 'n' stuff. So, new units fit in well. Especially banishers. Hydromancers where great with that accelerting spell, but now I have to replace them with necromancers. I've always felt like necromancers are garbage(yes I said that), but now unholy frenzy is the only way you buff your units, considering there is no inner fire or acceleration anymore. Darksteel golems, tho. Are their stats higher than regular golems'? I think they are. Their "natural" HP regen is 0.25( if i calculated it right), but I feel like you could just remove the autorepair upgrage, and give them natural HP regen of 3, or maybe 2.5. Not much to say about paladins, they are just a great addition.

2. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    The recruits aren't a massive part of his army( i think) so it isn't that fatal that they aren't experienced.

The Golden Guard who enter the continent through portals can resupply them. Maybe not the way the empire can, but every aid will help massively in the war effort.

3. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you forgetting the Dwarven tunnels? What else besides dwarves and vermins resides under the surface?Yup you guess right,minerals a shit ton of them.

They are not trying to fight a attrition war...They just wanna blast the demon heartland and be done with it.So more minerals>more war machinery.

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, but while Gardon has the Kingdoms, Elves and Dragons supplying new forces, the Golden Guard doesn't, only if we count the Dwarves.

If Gardon keeps being as smart as he has been, his next move will be, most likely, defeating the Dwarves and gaining their advanced technology and minerals to supply his troops.

And since both the orcs and Progaderas' forces weakened the Dwarves, they will be easier to defeat if Gardon sends a massive force.

5. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't worry man. I troubled times where the Golden Guard are surrounded and out of supplies they can rely on Portal ex machina to fix everything. :D

6. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    @LISBOAH

I think Shar mentioned that with the menace done below the surface,Dwarves regrouped and now are way more stronger that the dwarves we got to play.

Having to split your forces in half when you are dealing with a dangerous foe such as GG and Van Durce takes alot of guts including here Gardon and his boys aren't really familiar with the heartland of the dwarves(i would assume).Its not like he is going to invaide the dwarves with just one detachment of IF.

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    And go where?

Yes, but Gardon has more forces to and he can overwhelm the Dwarves. If the Dwarves are defeated, the Golden Guard will be easier to defeat and will lose their only ally in the continent.

And about the matter of the tunnels...I don't think the Dwarves have proper security against Lord Brian's shadow warriors. They can scout the area without being noticed, warn Gardon's forces and then they can come up with a strategy to beat the Dwarves...

Not to mention the Dragons...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  8. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    They want to transport troops from the continent of the human empire to the continent of Arkain. Don't ask me how this will work out, it's just their plan.

9. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Numbers dont mean much in a well defended position inside the tunnels.
    The only reason why Dwarves were in such a shitty situation to begin with was cuz the majority of their forces were ouccupied holding the front vs the demons and other threats(what i managed to piece through from Zarin and Holy Bastion dialogue i might be wrong here)

Also Shar did mention that dwarven numbers were quite high so i assume they do have some sort of manpower to help both the Golden Guard and defend their heartlands.

On the Shadows part yeah i do agree however maybe the alliance might help them in that regard.(Also from i have been able to theory-craft their numbers seem rather limited,Lord Brian gave us control of them for just a short period of time and then took it back again,ofc this could just be Shar making stuff difficult as always.)

Dragons are no good in tunnels,i think :p, BUT you never know,maybe this Blake dragons do have some retarted wingless snake like breed they can use in tunnels.

10. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    They can shapeshift into humans if they want. Thanok is an example.

I think this is for difficulty reasons. The fallen mage guild had no shades so if we kept the shadow stalkers we would have taken them out way, way too easily.

11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remember that neither Golden Guard and Dwarves are aware of the existence of these shadow warriors. Why? Because we killed every single man that faced them. And even if there were survivors, these men served the undead so...

So they are totally not prepared!

Since Gardon met with these dragons at least twice in caves, they might have some experience in walking in tunnels..

12. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Championfighter25 Still shapeshifting into humans beats the reason of using Dragons in the first place.

@LISBOAH You're accually right...I forgot we squashed them back to oblivion.
    Still a Dragons greatest asset its his mobility,i think him walking on four an breathing fire inside a tunnel even tho sounds good still is not as good as smashing gryphon riders and pegasuses and arial machineries on the skies.

13. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    They shapeshift into humans and then shapeshift back into their original form. it's just a way to deceive the enemy of their true identity.
    They can be effective in tunnels, at least the small to medium ones. I can't imagine the big ones even fitting in there.

14. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Merry Christmas, happy holidays, happy Sanguinala
    yes that's a thing I'm not kiddin'.
    Thank you to all the people who have stuck with us and I certainly hope you have enjoyed playing the series. We are nearing the end of the Second Human Book and I'd like to think we can still surprise you with so few levels remaining. Heading into the new year will certainly be interesting and will no doubt provide its own set of challenges but we will see this through.

Have a good day and enjoy the new year as it comes.
    timezones my eternal enemy

But one more thing, thank you Shar.
    *pass out*

15. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred; I just gotta say I love the new paladin unit, our tyrant gives us christmas gifts.

16. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am out of loop here, but I came to ask when is the expected release date of your Chapter 2 Human Book?

17. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    What?

18. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Isn't he working on second human book?

19. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes is. I think you meant when will the second book be finished?
    There won't be an exact release date. He tries to work on the chapters whenever he can.

20. Ashley

Ashley

Resources:
    Resources:
    in chapter 5 we can still research necromancer's master training in arcane sanctum of our ally even if necromancers are not available for them