1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Round Table of Arkain

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 11, 2014.

1. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    We lack air units in general. But many levels are built in a way that you are passing it stage by stage, conquering one base, establishing new outpost and moving further so I find it even at a point.

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, the Ironfist will have some air power Blen could only have dreamt of, you have my word on that.

3. ArchDuke

ArchDuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is that Black dragons I sense ?

4. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred
    I think where Blen was,airpower was the last thing he was thinking about.

5. subzz

subzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the idea

6. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have missed a lot it seems
    I need a break to check everything in here.

7. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know, I probably have meant Mission 5 where you get 5 Destructors that actually cost 8 Food, not 12. Those extras made the whole stuff look imbalanced.
    (Though it might have been already changed since then)

Btw, looking at Orcs, I imagined how fun their renewed faction can be. Centaurs (as light cavalry) and those airships might be enjoyable.

8. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Destructors were changed to 12 food a long time ago.
    Also yes, early destructors were indeed way too OP.

9. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    After besieging an extremely fortified city with defenders that came so close to death they decided to actually become friends with the dead and some very nasty undead as well as no hero for a while for your army. Only then to just lose it all to some high brow traitor who thinks he is tactical genius because he made you and your allies retreat into the ruined city you sieged. The destructors are an option to have fun, I can punch that guy in the face and run the gauntlet that is his base or I can get this flying ship here with its fancy missiles and just have fun and shoot the crap out of everything and then punch him in the face.

You still had to earn those destructors and then use them whatever way you want, you don't even have to use them.

10. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Funny why everyone are kept suggesting for "Gameplay" wise and to be hardcore melee experience. Oh boy the veterans are going to bombarded me with nerfing this and nerfing that and then someone complain etc etc

Whoops wrong report but meh you know what i mean ;)

11. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love too see winter map somehow. I mean, especially cold winter where Farms produce less food and living units gain permanent AS/MS reduction.
    And the player has to fight undead that do not gain reduction. :D
    Also winter is also interesting because Hydromancers in winter can have different skills. :rolleyes:
    (And Inner Fire would negate AS/MS reduction then as a bonus)

12. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Shar should sign this guy up into his campaign creating crew. His thoughts about gameplay perversions are rather sophisticated.

13. subzz

subzz

Resources:
    Resources:

As much as I like your idea, but do you have to make it hard for us??? Please start playing Legend of Arkain. It's not for typical casual Wc3 players. In most of the campaign , odds are already against the player. Please provide suggestion only after start playing. :angry::angry:

I really like the way you think. But please don't focus all of your energy on how to make things impossible. There are other campaigns which can use some challenges, not LOA.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am not taking suggestions from people who have not even played Arkain into consideration at all.

Progress Report:
    Chapter Ten will be released today.
    It is about to enter its testing phase and @Kasrkin will soon be the first to experience it to its full extend.

15. subzz

subzz

Resources:
    Resources:

*dance* *dance*

16. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Today" is way too optimistic. I dont believe it. 23:59 I assume it'd be :p On a serious note, great news and sort of a christmas gift for us.

17. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great news. Although my final decision for the ally will be Ironfist, i will definetely also want to see what happens if we chose golden guard.

If the chapter doesn't have any serious issues, then Kasrkin can complete it in a few hours on hard. So it's a realistic release date.

18. Krogoth

Krogoth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I am not playing any games at all, but I will install WC3 today and play your map.
    So my troll suggestions get some weight in future. :D

19. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    After you have played the campaigns the way you see each mission and unit will be completely different. So your suggestions will massively differ.

20. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now that is great news!
    Play hard, Kasrkin
    Also, in chapter 6; to me, what is painful is the farms that keep spawning militias, they are a pain in the neck.
    Looking forward for the new chapter