• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotating Sword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
A simple minigame where the quickness is the key!

The Game
You need to select one race to start the game!
When the game start some rotating swords will start to spawn, you just need to avoid them as long as you can!

Races
Every race has unique stats (Health Points, Speed, Spells), the current races are Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf, Troll and High Elf.

Rotating Swords
The rotating swords will spawn continually and of various types up to a maximum of 16.

If someone likes this map i will improve it with more races and various staff!
-Amras-

Keywords:
Rotating, Swords, Sword, Rotate, Minigame, Survive, Evade, Avoid, Run, Minigames, Race, Races, Map, Night, Elf, Amras, Dalanar, Custom.
Contents

Rotating Sword (Map)

Reviews
Next Review: [2016-06-08] Rufus Moderation Note What you need to do: Add a decent description. As it is now, it lacks structure, screenshots and it does not contain a lot of information about the game. If you need information on how to create...
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...

M

Next Review: [2016-06-08]
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
What you need to do:
Add a decent description.
As it is now, it lacks structure, screenshots and it does not contain a lot of information about the game.

If you need information on how to create a proper description, check this out.

Until a good description is provided, this maps status is set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
Next Review: [2016-06-08]
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
What you need to do:
Add a decent description.
As it is now, it lacks structure, screenshots and it does not contain a lot of information about the game.

If you need information on how to create a proper description, check this out.

Until a good description is provided, this maps status is set to Awaiting Update.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

Map Name: Rotating Sword
Version: 1
Author: Amras_

Gameplay

Simple and slow paced. It take at least two minutes before you have to start paying any attention and even when you have to start paying attention it's too simple to be entertaining.

I suggest the following:
  • Add some sort of powerup/tome that you can run over to pick up, example bonus speed boost, destory one rotating sword etc
  • Add different kind of glaives, one could change direction mid air. One could be homing but only lasts for say 10 seconds. The possibilities are endless.
  • Make the weapons have a random speed each time the bounce against the wall.
1/5

Uniqueness

This is unique to me, but it's so simple and uncreative with the current scope of the map.
1/5

Overall

Overall sloppy made map, though I have to admit that you had a clever way with dummy units to display the stats.

I can see it getting a 2/5 with approval if worked on, but for now I deem it to be a 1/5
1/5

Bugs

There should be a hotkey in the tooltip for the abilities.
The dummies should have the locus ability to prevent the HP bars from being visible.

I also took a quick look at the triggers, most of them are inefficient. For example you have one trigger per unit being selected, and additionally you use one group per region which is also silly since you might as well remove all units in the map which is one group. And on top of that they all leak.

Reviewed by

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What I feel this one needs is more gameplay variety. Some glaives could go faster at some point or do something. Other stuff could appear on the map like slowing points or traps, I don't know.
3/5 (roughly).

Level 19
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation
No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM a map reviewer once you have updated the map.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!