• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I rotate Particles in Magos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making some particles for a sword model of mine in Magos Model Editor, but I can't seem to get it to rotate, I want it to go along the blade, not up away from the sword, I guessed I just edited the nodeand rotated it, but when I do, the particle appears randomly around, but in a straight 'x' line, randomly on 'y' and 'z'...
Please help me, find the answer, thanks anyway!:thumbs_up:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I believe to rotate an emitter, you have to make at least one animation, where the particle is started at that angle, and ends at that angle.

1) Open up Node Manager and double-click on your particle emitter.
2) On the top-right you will see a box labeled "Latitude". This designates in what direction the particle will go.
  • 0 = straight up
  • 90 = upwards and to left and right and in between, but not downwards
  • 180 = goes everywhere
  • -90 = only goes in a 90 angle
  • -180 = only goes downwards
  • -270 = only goes in a 270 degree angle

Hope this helps.

Level 8
why dont you just lower the life span, crank up the with, and put the emitter in the middle of the sword so that the emitter spreads left and right and covers the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.