1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rosaria Project II Version 1.03

Submitted by CloudWolf
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A Fantasy/Futuristic RPG set in a world where guns, swords and magic combine to create yet another epic symphony from the Rosaria Series.

It has a certain Final Fantasy feel too it, and is set in a world that is quite similar to FF7.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG] [​IMG]
[​IMG] [​IMG]

This map aims to be action-packed and completely different to any other RPG you have played on warcraft 3 to this date. It includes several cinematics, secret commands, and a handy item system which changes the heroes appearance depending on the items equiped.

You play the role of 3 individuals who have awoken from a deep slumber within a laboratory, however, you have no idea who you were before waking. After the scientists brand you a "Failed Experiment", they try to dispose of you. Not willing to die just yet, you escape their grasp, and are on the run from the republic who will stop at nothing to bring you in.

Now you must discover who, or what you are, and find the answers.

This, is Rosaria Project II

The map is bang on the B.net 4mb limit, so will work for online play.

Version 1.03:

- Now has a defeat condition, so the game will end when everyone dies

- New Secret Commands

- New Item

- FFA Arena now has a countdown before heal dissapears

- Buffed up the bosses some more

Version 1.02:

- The map is now protected

- Fixed a few typo's

- Buffed up the bosses a bit to make them harder

- Boss' Ultimate Spells now show names

Version 1.01:

- Fixed bug where the -Arena command can be typed multiple times, and messes up the arena triggers.

- Rebalanced a few parts of the game.

- Fixed bug where hero does not reappear after the gunship section.

Keywords:
Rosaria, Project, RPG, Future, FF7, Final Fantasy, Rosaria Project II, Rosaria Project 2, CloudWolf, Sci-fi
Contents

Rosaria Project II Version 1.03 (Map)

Reviews
00:41, 27th Jun 2009, by Linaze Rosaria Project II is a very good and entertaining RPG with good looking terrain. The abilities were simple but fit well into the gameplay. Good use of attachments, as well, I loved how a weapon/armor you equipped...
  1. 00:41, 27th Jun 2009, by Linaze
    Rosaria Project II is a very good and entertaining RPG with good looking terrain. The abilities were simple but fit well into the gameplay. Good use of attachments, as well, I loved how a weapon/armor you equipped actually appeared on your heroes' model. The boss battles were quite awesome and there were lots of special effects and other eye candy that made those fights really entertaining. My only real problem is that the map got a bit to easy from time to time, almost to easy, perhaps adding difficulty levels would solve this, though. The lasting value of the map was also good. Finally, really good work on the description here on the Hive, it really "sells" the map.

Approved with a 4/5 (recommended) rating

2. Lukas

Lukas

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion this map has potential and I like it good ide I have some my suggestion terrain is good so i think it would be better if you used 3rd person camera like this Re8eL's RPG Locked Camera System - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site and narrow keys movement but this is only my suggestion and protect map with map protector cuz someone may steal your work and it optimalize your map a little.

3. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea :) The thought did occur to me to have a 3rd person cam, however, i decided againt it because the buldings kept blocking the camera view :D

However, there is a 3rd person camera when you use the gunships about half way through the game :)

As for protecting the map, I honestly dont mind if ppl want to create a mod or something :) I dont really play war3 enough to keep updating it myself :D

but yes! Thanks for the review ^^ much appreciated

4. gerbal_warfare

gerbal_warfare

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is brilliant, imho.
    But easy - finished in in single player, only used one cheat which was 'thereisnospoon' and only on the last boss, after I'd got him down to 3000 and it was taking too long for my mana to regenerate.
    Secondly, I'm assuming there's more than one code, but unless I missed them it would be nice if there were hints for them except for the one after the endgame event.

The camera system is fine as it is, as well. The helicopters were easier to use in third-person which makes a nice change as most maps with third person end up getting you caught in some obscurely horrible position where you can't move. I prefer free-camera because it makes the game more playable. Warcraft was designed for using the minimap to your advantage, and locking the camera cuts down your ability to high-tail it out of there.

I've only played with Red hero so far, and he's quite well balanced but his heal is what made soloing so easy. I even managed to keep the unused computers alive for over half the boss battles. Giving red all the mana regeneration items guarantees victory if all he does is heal.

I would like to see a greater variety of weapons available as well. So far the only other weapon I've seen is Masamune, and its going to cause problems as people desperately climb over the top of one another to try and pick it up.

The appearence changing was a nice touch, but if possible limit to one item type per Hero ie One armor, one shield. I was carrying three shields and two suits of armor by the end, on top of Masamune. I regenerated about 45 mana by the time I needed to heal again.

I'm giving it 5/5 because, despite it being easy, it's nice to play a map where you can just have fun. I don't think its difficulty is a flaw, really, because it means you can just sit back and admire the gameplay which is excellent.

5. aho_baka

aho_baka

Resources:
    Resources:
    i realy2 love this map, its cool, but i found the bug after you finish the helicopter mission, this map stuck.

6. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really? :S Thats never happened before?

Please let me know exactly what went wrong for you if you can lol :) Cus that sounds like a pretty major bug :D

SPOILER

Also, answering another question, theres only one secret in the map for version 1.00. The first is an FFA arena if you wait for a bit after the boss, and type in the code. The winner receives a code to enter next time they play, which unlocks a secret item :) Want to know what it is?? Play the map ;) lol

7. aho_baka

aho_baka

Resources:
    Resources:
    um...... its happen sometimes (not always) i get stuck twice in 3 game,after finish the helicopter mission, sometimes in the cinematic the hero doesn't appear, and after cinematic the hero is gone, and i can do anything,please check this bug,thx.

8. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm... Actually, i think i know what might cause that :) Did you die whilst fighting Jethro? (The boss before the helicopter bit) I have a feeling the revive triggers there might not be correct :p

EDIT: Right! hopefully that bug shouldnt happen now :) Ive also rebalanced a few parts of the game to make them harder :) E.g. more dmg on boss ultimate spells.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  9. oldrobotsneverrust

oldrobotsneverrust

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very very cool. I have hosted this a few times on BN and had a blast. It is a big improvement, a natural upgrade from your last map.

Suggestions for future improvements: I think a difficulty scale is in order. More things to unlock. Though the map is short and simple, I feel like replayability could easily be upped. Perhaps even a diablo2 style "repeat" of the map with existing characters but drastically increased difficulty, where you continue to level but get even better items. You're a very talented designer. There's alot of unique RPG elements at work here. And though I dig the cut "spells" (which I recognized from your other map) I find them boring when a boss does the same one multiple times. And when they only really do damage. Consider more summons, auras, debuffs as a result of your cut screens as opposed to straight damage spells.

Hope this was helpful.

10. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damnit Cloudwolf you just keep giving me reasons to like the things you do, not only do you make great work but you also leave them open source, for... oh I don't know... learning from, or editing to play on LAN, just generally cool things. I've said it before and I'll say it again, great work and you're a great mapper.

-Teld

11. PsYcoTiCluNaTiC

PsYcoTiCluNaTiC

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really really really really hate when map-makers FORCE 3rd-person into the player. I don't know what crack these guys are smoking...

It's nice to have the option if you desire it, but don't force your preferences onto others; I've quit a few maps because of the camera angle.

12. DeathsBrother

DeathsBrother

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really neat, the storyline isn't very clear though, and its somewhat short.

13. Abdoma

Abdoma

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this map! I just played it with some friends and it absolutely amazing!

Definitely the best warcraft map I've played! It's fast paced and I love the attention to detail. (The item attachment for example)

The special effects are also amazing! The boss battles are really good too!

Although it is short...

Make more! xP

5/5

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention. You need to change the hotkeys of the abilities. One of them has the same as hold position.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  14. sky5triker

sky5triker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought it was the best for me too. It's just perfect.

15. CheatEnabled

CheatEnabled

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Veil

Veil

Resources:
    Resources:
    well i moust say this game was cool, would have been betther if te hroes hd different skills and not the same xD, and ukinda aw when a bos was coming so u could prepare, i think u did it betther in diablo III there bec there hey cam as an suprise everytime xD
    stats up the boss abit the holy spell owns the boss so damn hard and u ca only die whe they use an cinematic spell or else u can like heal whenever u need it
    all in all it was a great game xD

17. BigDates

BigDates

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good. Downloading now, and playing after i finish my unit spawn on my map...
    everything takes longer when you want to clear memory leaks :(

18. CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very Nice game, cool models, nice Item Model System , it was really fun though short, my favourite part would proberly be the Gunship Flying Part ^^
    Can't wait for Rosaira III (if you're gonna make it of course ^^

19. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

"legendary bosses"