• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roman Infantry Pack

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
"Once upon a time some very angry men with short hair declared a defensive world on Europe and basically won, until they didn't."
- HerrDave on Roman History

As requested by Shaysonio for The Rise of Von Kelaos Campaign and based on an upcoming book series - the first Roman pack on the Hive!
I could've sworn that the Hive had Romans already, but they've either vanished or I was mistaken o.o

This pack includes:
- Roman Archer (Cloth)
- Roman Archer (Chain)
- Roman Pilum-thrower (Chain)
- Roman Swordsman (Cloth)
- Roman Swordsman (Chain)
- Roman Swordsman (Plate)
- Roman Swordsman (Gold Plate)
- Roman Ranger Hero

This pack utilizes an Omni-skin, meaning you only have to import the skin once in order to use the entire pack.

Keywords: Roman, Italian, Total, War, Request, Fulfilled, Centurion, Auxiliary, Pilum, Thrower, Spear, Spearman, Infantry, Soldier, Soldiers, Rome, Fantasy,

Changes:
- Updated description
Contents

Roman Bowman (Chain) (Model)

Roman Bowman (Cloth) (Model)

Roman Captain (Gold Plate) (Model)

Roman Pilum-thrower (Model)

Roman Ranger Hero (Model)

Roman Swordman (Model)

Roman Swordsman (Chain) (Model)

Roman Swordsman (Plate) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please fix the unused tracks and all the warnings (like these: =https://www.hiveworkshop.com/data/ratory-downloadables/1e68c3ab9e8f6e8c2444d1b7f98e06bd-1639910024-600/Centurion.blp"]Sanity Test (and on the other models) ) with the optimization tool I...
Level 1
I really like download it, I will see how it looks and I want to put these models in a campaign and I am making it clear I will give you credit what you think

:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Oh, wow! Exactly what I was looking for!

EDIT
The model works great, but the game interface icon is glitchy

Last edited:
Level 4
This is fresh, we need more of this types of models, do some Carthaginians or Greeks next, That might spawn a couple of new fresh maps.
I find these a very good fit for the wc3 art style, great job.
Before he does I would recommend giving the infantry the ability to collect resources and build similar to how the Romans would actually use their Legions. I would also hope at some point for some Equites, Slingers and Auxiliary units before moving to the Greeks or Diadochi. The Carthaginian units would be very similar to that of the Greeks and Diadochi so I do not know if they would warrant their own pack. Also it should be noted these are Late Republic to Early Imperial Romans so they would not have been the Romans that fought Carthage. Fingolfins model here is a Roman from the Mid-Republic who would have fought Carthage Roman Legionnaire (Polybian)