• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

American Infantry Pack

"We'll be over, we're coming over! Aaaand we won't come back 'till it's over over there!"
American Marching Song: "Over There!"

This pack uses an omni-skin, meaning you only have to import the skin once in order to use the entire pack

This pack includes
- WWI Infantry
- Inter-war Infantry
- WWII Infantry
- Paratrooper
- Trench Gunner
- US Ranger (SMG)

Keywords: WWI, WWII, Wrath, of, the, kaiser, American, America, United, States, Patriot, Patriotic, Freedom, Capitalist, Capitalism, Colonial, Colonist, World, War, Industrial, Era

Credit to Irrational Entertainment for the canteen and face texture base :)

Changes
- Fixed shotgunner's muzzle flash
- WWII Infantry's rifle is now semi-automatic
- WWII Paratrooper's rifle is now semi-automatic
- Trench Gunner's hat fits his head now
Previews
Contents

Inter-war Infantry (Model)

Paratrooper (Model)

Ranger (SMG) (Model)

Trench Shotgunner (Model)

WWI Infantry (Model)

WWII Infantry (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice comprehensive pack of WW1/2 inspired models.
Level 14
Excellent work!
I like the new shotgun animations!
Very nice to see that you added a parachute animation to the paratrooper.

Shouldn't the WW1 rifleman use a rifle that is less M1 Garand-ish and more like a Bolt-action rifle? I know it won't be very noticeable in-game but still...
Edit: There is a bug with the Paratrooper's M1 carbine, its trigger is TC.

Last edited:
Level 65
I'm desperately waiting for a TRENCH MORTAR, as well as MODERN MORTAR.
Nonetheless your models are awesome.

Understandable, says I - with enough unit variety we could actually replicate Company of Heroes

Members working on the WWII project

Zess is the Crew-unit guy
- Wheeled HMG
- Anti-tank cannons
- Mortar teams
* Makes the groundwork for new unit types

SonsOfSami is the Vehicle guy
- Heavy tanks
- Armoured cars
- Entire French line
- Animation transfering & model adaptation
* Makes the High-quality advanced/complicated vehicles, quality-checker, Gun analyst, HMG designer

HerrDave is the Texture and Infantry guy
- Great War Infantry
- World War II Infantry
- Unique Infantry (SS Officers, watchmen, workers, Russian Commissars)
- Minor-faction infantry (Austrian, Chinese, Belgian, Serbian)
* Plans the factions, makes the textures, animates the infantry, creates the soldier meshes, makes the props, makes the buildings

Level 65
Entirely true, you're actually seeing my clumsy attempts to undo the bolt-action animation without breaking the rifle bone :D

Initially all of the animations were based off of the WWI German Rifleman, so they had rigid "at-attention" stand animations and chunky reloading animations - when I began work on the American models, I first started by making a new mesh, then editing the old skin, then sort of reverse-engineering my own animations to make them more relaxed and cocky, like in the movies.

I used a lot of rough tricks to get the animations right on the German, so when it came to undo them I found myself at a loss trying to undo a puzzle I had built :p

I'll look into smoothing it out for you, as that animation didn't age particularly well

Level 9
It's okay, this little detail isn't that important anyway. Maybe it's not even worth an effort.

EDIT. Oh I can see you already did this both for the Rifleman and Paratrooper's Carbine M1A1 as well. Nicely.

PS. Is Paratrooper going to have parachute animation or is it available as spell effect somewhere in spell section?

Last edited:
Level 4
i need a simple modification: can you make a unit with the normal american WW2's infantry skin but with the ranger's SMG and animations?