• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

reversed mana drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do I make a spell that would give mana on target unit instead of draining them..I tried making custom spell based off life drain,set mana drained to negative value but can't cast it on buildings even if I set the target allowed to mechanical structures and friend..

Level 16
Seas =)

So, I create a custom spell ( based on life drain ) to. I change targets allow to: Air, Ground, Structure. Also I change Data - Mana Points Drained to -25.00 (for example) and I can cast it on buildings and unit and ofc the target unit/building gains the 25 mana per second.

Problem is ( I don't know but can be ) that the casting unit lose the 25 mana per second. This can be solved with a hashtable, that you give the mana back to casting unit, but I'm a noob with hash so I don't try it ^^

Level 4
I have an simple ideal to gives other people mana without using triggers but it will not be like mana burn... There's a skill called rejuntion .. nvm i don't how to spell but all the spell does is to heal people over time during combat. Change the heal into mana heal... DONE!! lol if you don't like this, don't hear it. lol

Level 14
The standard Mana Drain ability of the Blood Mage already has the function of transferring mana over time to an allied unit.

Also, you could use Rejuvination - as although it's normally a heal spell in the game it does have a mana regeneration component (just that it's set to 0 by default) as suggested by huiren92.

Level 28
The standard Mana Drain ability of the Blood Mage already has the function of transferring mana over time to an allied unit.

Also, you could use Rejuvination - as although it's normally a heal spell in the game it does have a mana regeneration component (just that it's set to 0 by default) as suggested by huiren92.

The problem with mana drain is that you can't target friendly units, no matter what you set the targets to.
Rejuvenation isn't what he wants: he wants to drain mana (reversed, though), not heal mana.
Also, the spell should be a casting spell where the caster may not move, otherwise the effect will wear off.

So basically, it has to be triggered.

I believe I've already given him the correct triggers, though ^^

Level 28

manadrain.jpg

Ehh, no? (I've also tried it with a friendly unit and by changing the targets).

Can you give a screenshot where you use mana drain on a friendly unit?
Or perhaps a test-map, anything is fine...

Level 5
If you go under "advanced" in World Editor, then go to "Gameplay Constants", there should be a thing that says "Gameplay - Drain Transfers Mana".It's normally set at "false"; just toggle it to "true".

Then base your custom skill off of the siphon mana from the Blood Mage. It has to be the blood mage one (it says in the editor suffix brackets), since that's the only one allowed to transfer mana. Also, it wouldnt hurt to uncheck "check dependencies".

Status
Not open for further replies.