• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wrong spell firing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello

i made this post once allready, but apparently it hasnt reached the server

short story:
i made a custom hero named a Legion Warlock, based on the Eredar Diabolist model, with Drain Life, Siphon Mana, Rain of Fire and Doom spells.

problem is .... if i target a unit with mana and if i have both Drain Life and Siphon Mana....even if i click or press the hot key for Drain Life, i get the SIphon Mana instead !!!

i have to move, and at the second cast, i get the green spell, Drain Life
it has happened so i get the green spell Life Drain on mana units....but very rare.

i have quite a powerfull quad core and run the game at maxx.... so graphic isnt the issue.

whats causing it ?
how to solve it ?

thank you

Level 5
hello

i made this post once allready, but apparently it hasnt reached the server

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/drain-life-siphon-mana-158426/
This yours?

Anyhow,
They are the same spell format so glitches will occur

You can try changing the order strings around (they both have order strings set to "none", and since they're the same spell type, this might have caused some problems. Just choose around different dummy spells).

If this doesnt work, you can make a double drain spell, based off siphon mana, and if you do, you have to go to "gameplay constants", and choose to activate that "drain mana also transfers life".

Level 4
WONDERFUL !

it works great !!!

i just changed the Siphone Mana's submenu to absorb :D and left Life Drain to none

works fantastic

many thanks and sorry about double posting :((

Status
Not open for further replies.