• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siphon Mana Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

So the Siphon Mana spell is meant to Drain mana from enemies and Transfer mana to allies. Also, it can push the Blood Mage's mana over its maximum value, though excess mana drains off rapidly if not used.

The "Transfer mana to allies" and "Push the Blood Mage's mana over its maximum value" can be enabled in the Gameplay Constants panel. With that, a buff named "Siphon Mana" appears when the Blood Mage is Draining mana from enemies. I think that buff is hard coded.

My question is: Is there a way to Modify that buff (Icon and Text) or to remove it ( make it unable to pop up when the Blood Mage is Draining mana from enemies.)

Also, I've been wondering why did Blizzard not update the Siphon Mana ability's description since it can only drain mana from enemies.

Thank you :)

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
My question is: Is there a way to Modify that buff (Icon and Text) or to remove it ( make it unable to pop up when the Blood Mage is Draining mana from enemies.)

Also, I've been wondering why did Blizzard not update the Siphon Mana ability's description since it can only drain mana from enemies.

Just remove the icon and text of the buff? The buff is still there, but will be "invisible".
Good question, no one knows why that ability's description doesn't really match how it actually works.

Level 21
Just remove the icon and text of the buff? The buff is still there, but will be "invisible".
The buff cannot be edited since it is nowhere to be found.
ability's description doesn't really match how it actually works.
I don't know how it works on the latest patch, but it works for me as intended on patch 1.29. If I recall correctly, on older patches mana could not go over the maximum value and it could only be transferred to allied heroes (not units).

Reactions: Edy
Level 16

thats probably because in map options, you did not enable (latest patch) option and so your map still uses data of patch 1.21, but if you ticked that option then it will match.

did I guess correctly? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.