• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Syphon Mana won't Target friend/allied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am getting very frustrated, I'm trying to get siphon mana to target allied/friendly units and transfer mana from friendly unit to casting unit but it wont work, I get the "must target enemy units" message.

I have Friend and allied fields ticked on the available targets list, on the game play constants list I also have "Drain gives Bonus Mana" and "Drain transfers mana" ticked but still no luck!

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is this hard-coded to the wc3 engine?

Level 12
The problem you have is that those siphon mana/life abilities are hardcoded to not drain mana/life from allies. They can be modified though to give mana to allies.

If you want to know how to be able to give mana/life to allies, heres how it works:

Set the Gameplay Constant for "Gameplay - Drain Transfers Mana" or the life one to true like in the attachment. Note that its important that you set them manually to true so that they appear in the pink color. World Editor tells you they are true by default but thats wrong, it tries to fool you.

e: well you can set it to negative numbers to draw mana from allies but that makes the whole ability pointless, as you will give enemies mana then.

Attachments

• GiveLifeMana.jpg
    GiveLifeMana.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Level 4
The way you worded this confused me; You want mana from the targeted unit to go into the casting unit? To do this, you can set the values of mana drained to negative intergers and it should work properly on friendly units, however, when casting on enemy units, you should revert to a copied ability with non-negative integers for values.
If you want the reverse effect; to transfer mana from the casting unit to the target unit, you need to check the value in gameplay constants; which you did not have checked in your test world, that could possibly have resulted in your problem, it worked fine for me.

Level 7
Goblin yes I want mana from the targeted unit to go into the casting unit, just like Siphon normally would, the only difference is I want it to work on friend/allied units too.

I have tried setting the values to negative integers and its still not allowing me to target friendly's, if you got it to work could you post an edited version of my test map please?

Just upload it to your paste bin and send me a link to it please

Level 4
Goblin yes I want mana from the targeted unit to go into the casting unit, just like Siphon normally would, the only difference is I want it to work on friend/allied units too.

I have tried setting the values to negative integers and its still not allowing me to target friendly's, if you got it to work could you post an edited version of my test map please?

Just upload it to your paste bin and send me a link to it please
I did o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.