• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Revenant.blp

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Don't give me any credits.
Edit it if you want.

RevenantUpClose.jpg

RevenantPreview.jpg

Teamcolored Version (just added 2 lines across the shoulders): http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/jbu73l/_files/RevenantTC.blp

I found the lost 1024x1024 version, so here's a 512x512 for all who asked for it:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/jbu73l/_files/Revenant512x512.blp

Keywords:
Revenant, Undead, Unit, Mace, Armor, Plate, Armored, Armor, Ancient, Evil, Dark, Green, Shield, Crusader, Knight, Fallen.
Contents

Revenant (Texture)

Reviews
01:28, 2nd Dec 2015 Archian: Great lightning and shading. Wraps decently on the model. Awesome details! It's just too bad that some of those details will be lost ingame.

M

01:28, 2nd Dec 2015
Archian: Great lightning and shading. Wraps decently on the model. Awesome details! It's just too bad that some of those details will be lost ingame.

Roland

R

Roland

Jesus Christ morbent, That.. That... Quality. It looks ground-breaking :D

Level 28
-Grendel, it turned out that technically it wasn't the plate on his chest that was being problematic (you know there's like a little kite shield in the normal one that I alphaed out) - the problem was I had also alphaed some of his between shoulders area - take a look at this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/2ndfar/Imlerith1024x1024.jpg What I did to fix it was copy the chest area below that in between area. If you look closely you can see how there's another chest texture over the chest texture area. It seems problematic in War3 Model Editor, since it doesn't match perfectly, but it works well in Warcraft 3 Camera (being viewed from above, it almost aligns with the texture underneath) and besides, no one will really see the problem. And I don't want to fill the area with other textures, I want the chest to be fully visible (that's why I removed the little kite shield area in the first place and alphaed the zone in between the shoulders).
About the helmet I just thought it looks well enough. Although I wish I could make it like in the normal model, the portrait works fine.

JokeMaster, yes that was the initial idea :cgrin:

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

Level 49
-Grendel, it turned out that technically it wasn't the plate on his chest that was being problematic (you know there's like a little kite shield in the normal one that I alphaed out) - the problem was I had also alphaed some of his between shoulders area - take a look at this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/2ndfar/Imlerith1024x1024.jpg What I did to fix it was copy the chest area below that in between area. If you look closely you can see how there's another chest texture over the chest texture area. It seems problematic in War3 Model Editor, since it doesn't match perfectly, but it works well in Warcraft 3 Camera (being viewed from above, it almost aligns with the texture underneath) and besides, no one will really see the problem. And I don't want to fill the area with other textures, I want the chest to be fully visible (that's why I removed the little kite shield area in the first place and alphaed the zone in between the shoulders).
About the helmet I just thought it looks well enough. Although I wish I could make it like in the normal model, the portrait works fine.

JokeMaster, yes that was the initial idea :cgrin:

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

i see.. good thing you found a way to make this texture work. really great technique you got going. i like how you utilized the alpha channels on the model. you're right about the helmet portrait issue not being noticeable once its imported in-game.

Actually it's pretty well made for the Blizzard's original texture, I played around with the shield a lot - removed the skull with horns that is on the > spot you talk about and made the shape from
/....\....to....|....|
\..../....to.....\../
So it's probably my fault that it looks weird :cgrin:

eh not really too weird :xxd: it's a groovy texture even with that

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

all we need is a fitting icon for this..

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

I wonder who will take up the task W.I.S.D.O.M... I wonder who.

Nope. Not gonna be me.

hmm, maybe i am going to give it a shot later when i am not busy.

not going to promise anything though.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

whoa, it's approved already? i though it need to wait until the contest is ended.

Level 28
Yea, you brought up an interesting question (at least one that I find curious) - why do resources have to wait until a contest ends before getting approved?

Other than that, I can't answer why it was approved earlier.
It seems to me that looking through resources now saves moderators time? So that they don't have to do it later on? Since contests usually end up hanging around for like a month after they have ended...

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Yea, you brought up an interesting question (at least one that I find curious) - why do resources have to wait until a contest ends before getting approved?

Other than that, I can't answer why it was approved earlier.
It seems to me that looking through resources now saves moderators time? So that they don't have to do it later on? Since contests usually end up hanging around for like a month after they have ended...

hmm, for me, by uploading your skin as a resource, you get a better presentation and much more feedback (since more users will see it, not only the few on the contest thread)

but i think we should avoid giving ratings to contest resource before the contest ended. the fact that this skin achieved 5/5 ratings might cause a bias at the contest result (maybe).. or might just put things right :p

but, i think it was an old rule that hive has, to never rate contest resource until the contest end. now it's starting to fade away :V

Level 28
I see. I doubt ratings will change opinions, people know what they like but anyways.. It's probably my mistake since I didn't write it's a contest submission here. So Archian might have thought it's just a regular resource. My bad, I do apologise.

ZethHolyblade, those are some of my daily routine inspirations :cgrin: How can a dark revenant possibly not have diablo feel to it? I just couldn't resist...