• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Revenant.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A long time ago, Revenant said : "Maybe in this forest armor i will look like a tree"...
My second skin :)
Anything wasn't CnP

Keywords:
wood, nature, revenant, forest, leafs,
Contents

Forest Revenant (Texture)

Reviews
10:09, 22nd Nov 2009 67chrome: Interestng idea, but the skin itself is very repetative, the leaves could be a few colors instead of one (a leaf could be one of three or so colors). This skin also lacks shading, it really could use some. The bark...

M

10:09, 22nd Nov 2009
67chrome: Interestng idea, but the skin itself is very repetative, the leaves could be a few colors instead of one (a leaf could be one of three or so colors). This skin also lacks shading, it really could use some. The bark looks really bad and should be attempted in freehand as well. You might want to check out the 2D art tutorials at this site, I'm sure there is one that has tips on how to do things like bark :)

Requires loads of improvements.. And will you tell me.. How did you make the wooden part. As it's not cnp?

I agree on this point. The wooden part does not look handdrawn or even similarry-styled. Either author used a texture generator instead of drawing it (and since he had no exprience, he could not fix the color balance and stuff), or just grabbed some texture from some site..

Level 3
In gimp...
I'm from poland, remember :)
Gimp :
Create a layer 1, use the "Filter -> Mappings -> Nature -> Plasma,
Create a second layer, repeat the previous steps and use its desaturation followed the "Filters -> Distortion -> Emboss. Set the layer mode to cover the embossed or multiplication, create a new layer, Paint it brown, then set its mode to cover ...
Like everything you do then change your image of the curve until you get the effect ^ ^

Of course, that I have not painted in attitudes, but I know I used the method to create texture...
and yup, i haven't got experience, because it is my second skin, but i'm going to be better in digital painting ;)