• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear fellow Hiveworkshopers,
here and now, I state: I AM RETIRING.
Therefor, I recommend judges of Terraining Contest #14 to put me out of first 3 places, if I was even in.
Reason: no-one should be offended by this, but hey, life is too short to be spent on computer games. I am lucky enough to realize it myself at this age. So I am going to go out with friends, work out, hook up with girls and do good shit in real world. Goodbye. Forever.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Therefor, I recommend judges of Terraining Contest #14 to put me out of first 3 places, if I was even in.
We don't care if you're around or not, if you're top 3 you'll get the award either way.
life is too short to be spent on computer games.
False. I mean, remotely false. Probably remotely true in your case. Scarcity isn't the issue here though. It's your perspective of time that is a dynamic variable. I'm 20 years old in May and I'm lucky enough to realize that I will probably never realize the implications revolving this subject.

Level 31
Dear fellow Hiveworkshopers,
here and now, I state: I AM RETIRING.
Reason: no-one should be offended by this, but hey, life is too short to be spent on computer games. I am lucky enough to realize it myself at this age. So I am going to go out with friends, work out, hook up with girls and do good shit in real world. Goodbye. Forever.

Funny Joke

Level 22
You know what's sad (or rather pathetic) - that those like you think those who use PC or are even real gamers unlike these here at THW, do not hook up with girls, do not go party and do not do sports. Wrong stereotype again.

Otherwise you're doing a correct step. At your age that's what you should be doing but once you get in like mid 20s, you will be so over the things you're doing now that you will see how you'd better get some PC cause you will have done the other things enough times.

Level 22
^ Such threads should be locked as it has been done with others before. I'm really losing brain cells by reading all these threads here.

Holy... pretty off-topic but WHAT THE HELL that sentence is ART!! i read it four times and i don't know the fuck it's supposed to mean!!!

sorry. you need to be a pro reader. It means those who are not using PC at all think that all who do are some nerds with glasses, dont have gfs and do not party etc. This is a wrong stereotype. Is not valid for all, now kids may be nerdy but older people do plenty of real life things as well.

Level 17
^ Such threads should be locked as it has been done with others before. I'm really losing brain cells by reading all these threads here.

sorry. you need to be a pro reader. It means those who are not using PC at all think that all who do are some nerds with glasses, dont have gfs and do not party etc. This is a wrong stereotype. Is not valid for all, now kids may be nerdy but older people do plenty of real life things as well.

well you know that is kinda true. most of the hardcore gamers are in fact no lifers because they have nothing else to do however it really depends on the individual rather than what they do you may play wow for 8 hours a day but have a life, friends and a lover, games are a distraction like many other things and these days it is hard to tell who plays a lot. i dont think that some of the people on this site play at all because there are more things to do here my point is that you dont have to completely quit playing videogames or visiting this website in order to hang out with friends more party etc videogames become a problem if your friends want to hang out with you however you are too addicted to the game and do not want to go. if you are addicted to a game then yes you should quit everything that involves electronics but if you are not dont think that videogames can hold you back from having a normal life

Level 22
^ Pro players I know do not miss parties and have GFs, one of them is bad at school grades but others can do all. Once you get good, getting few hours a day to keep shape, more before tournaments and you can combine it with real life. That's why I prefer playing over mapmaking - mapmaking can waste you much more time because you create and create, once you are good enough to play - it is just keeping shape.

And you get good in school years when you have less responsibilites. It works, a guy I know and hes in 30s is leading a company or branch for Hewet Packard and is a SC2 player with over 1000 games already even I do not have that many yet, make your conclusions.

Level 27

Yeah just change the subject. (You do know the previous thing was kind of a joke right?)

Level 35
Unlikely.

More likely: S/He got (a) boyfriend(s) and/or girlfriend(s).

//\\oo//\\

because having a boyfriend/girlfriend (could be lesbian i suppose) and hooking up with girls appears to be the norm for society these days

i find it ironic how someone would feel that being on the computer is a waste of time enough to post it on an internet forum where nobody cares about whether or not they retire

Level 3
Since u think getting girls = getting a life,
Then based on stereotypes, you won't be able to get a girl to wink at you since you're a gamer nerd

OH NU.

Status
Not open for further replies.