• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye everyone, I will be leaving the Hive at least for a while. I may or may not return at a later date.

The current state of affairs with forum regulation is just completely out of hand. When someone like me can be neg-repped and have a bunch of people get pissed at me because I get angry when someone insults my religion and therefore my entire way of life, you know things are out of hand.

Most of you are probably thinking, "Oh what a little bitch look at him emo quit."
Whatever, it is just a sad state of affairs when someone can throw out a post containing nothing but horribly prejudiced bigotry and the only person people correct is the one who gets angry about it.

I am mostly saying bye to the people on my friends list, the rest of you probably think I am a dick. I just feel very strongly about my religion and I don't want to be here as long as it can be freely insulted with no ramifications.

Level 6
I agree that guy who said your religion is your problem was bad, but you overreacted.

Anyways, bye.

Level 13
Farewell.

Try to avoid mentioning religion in any internet forum, it's just a lure for the flaming spirits and trolls we all have inside us.

Level 7
Wait, are you quitting for just one thread?

I presume you've never been on forums that aren't the Hive.

Level 35
I understand that getting religion-bashed is a really bad thing to experience, I get that a lot too. However, I don't think you'll achieve anything with quitting besides creating more drama. Not to pessimistic, but I'm quite sure you'll meet anti-religious conversations adressed against you further in real life or at other forums. Forgive and forget, that's what I do too... Meh, I know I won't be able to convince you.

I don't think you're a dick. Nobody does. Have a good life.

Level 7
Well I only saw you in few threads, so I can't say I know you... anyways bye, and have a good life.
Too bad that Avatar is going to waste.... can I take it once you leave?

Level 45
Fair enough, iv had my fair share of goodbyes and such. And yet I return, to smile another day...and have fun.

But you have to remember, someone will ALWAYS insult your religion, hold it against you or use it to make you feel like you have a problem. This is the internet after all and you cant just run away from these things. You merely have to accept people simply wont agree with your beliefs, views or way of life. Some are more tolerant and accepting than others, you merely have to think logically and not ..whatever here dude.

I have had people put me down for my interests, the person I am and what I believe in...but I merely dont ignore there opinions, they help to allow me to create a logical and rational set of beliefs.

And yes, people will confront your religion if they feel threatened by your way of life, it may be your way of life but sometimes they just find it wrong and may in turn effect their way of life or influence other people they care about.

Now, think logically and rationally here....but if you do decide to leave over such a common and easy to get over manner, then..well goodbye, fair enough and goodluck.

Level 40
A full insult to his religion? Yes, it appears THW is filled with the clueless, but not in the sense you intended.

By the way, just thought I'd note:

1596168518_53e41e2c8d.jpg

Level 27
The current state of affairs with forum regulation is just completely out of hand.
Everybody seems to think so, but so few offer any solution, fewer still offer solutions that will be beneficial, and basically nobody can give a solution that solves the root cause.

Okay, so this is the internet, right? People will always be insulting your religion, right? There is nothing you can do about it, right?
I don't want to be here as long as it can be freely insulted with no ramifications.
I guess that means you're out of luck.

I dunno, I kinda figured the Hive aimed to
BE BETTER THAN THAT.

Level 36
Everybody seems to think so, but so few offer any solution, fewer still offer solutions that will be beneficial, and basically nobody can give a solution that solves the root cause.

Okay, so this is the internet, right? People will always be insulting your religion, right? There is nothing you can do about it, right?

I guess that means you're out of luck.

I dunno, I kinda figured the Hive aimed to
BE BETTER THAN THAT.

I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this, but we are a WEBSITE, not a fucking SOCIETY. I think what we have here right now is fine, and if it doesn't work for someone else, they can go fuck themselves.

Reactions: Ash
Level 14
Where the hell do you get off?! You indisputably deserved that neg-rep. You are the one that needs to grow up and not hawk. "Oh, big bad hawk900 came and said bad things about the big man in the sky. Oh woes me, the big bad internet man insulted my way of life and now I can't sleep." Stop being such a drama queen. What hawk wrote wasn't exactly friendly, but it wasn't really all that much offensive either, it's the internet for God's sake. You are overreacting to such an extant that you should question who really needs to grow up.

Last edited:
Level 27
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this, but we are a WEBSITE, not a fucking SOCIETY. I think what we have here right now is fine, and if it doesn't work for someone else, they can go fuck themselves.
That's one way to run things. It depends entirely on how Ralle wants to run it. If this is simply just some crappy website, then sure, this user can leave. We aren't good enough for him because we run the site badly. I figured Ralle wanted a community website, and users like this. Maybe I'm wrong. Only Ralle really knows how he wants to run his site.
You are the one that needs to grow up and not hawk.
Okay, maybe so.
You indisputably deserved that neg-rep.
But you failed to explain this. If CombatTheWombat deserved -rep there (which I do not think he did), then hawk deserved -rep as well.
It.
Was.
A.
Joke.
That not the issue here. This situation is not remedied by hawk apologizing. The issue is of who was punished.

Level 24
I have no qualms about being given neg-rep (Or, seeing as my rep is disabled, infractions), and Wombat getting his rep back but if we enforced a policy strict enough to give someone negative reputation for joking about someone else's religious beliefs, the Hive doesn't sound like the funnest place to be.

He swore rather a lot, and just generally told me to fuck off. I'm not too concerned about this, whereas he is obviously concerned about what I said. This would suggest that I had done the greater wrong.

On the other hand, from an outside observers point of view, it seems that his reaction was dis-proportionate (at least that seems to be the general opinion). I think we can all agree that it could have been handled in a calmer, or at least more private matter. I could have also not said it in the first place, but that brings me back to paragraph one.

Level 34
I have no qualms about being given neg-rep (Or, seeing as my rep is disabled, infractions), and Wombat getting his rep back but if we enforced a policy strict enough to give someone negative reputation for joking about someone else's religious beliefs, the Hive doesn't sound like the funnest place to be.

He swore rather a lot, and just generally told me to fuck off. I'm not too concerned about this, whereas he is obviously concerned about what I said. This would suggest that I had done the greater wrong.

On the other hand, from an outside observers point of view, it seems that his reaction was dis-proportionate (at least that seems to be the general opinion). I think we can all agree that it could have been handled in a calmer, or at least more private matter. I could have also not said it in the first place, but that brings me back to paragraph one.
That's why I have issue with the disabled rep. I don't think you deserved an infraction, but since wombat was given -rep, you should have received some too. Now I'm left with only infractions to give, which doesn't seem like an equivalent punishment. Either I give a short infraction, which wears off and now you're punishment is gone while his lasted, or I give you a long/non-expiring infraction that is far more of a punishment.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
To be honest, if you actually insulted his religion, like seriously actually insulted his religion, like seriously actually called him a 'stupid dirty Muslim', or a 'zealous Christian faggot' -- I apologise in advance, it does have a point to it though -- then we'd be bothered. But instead, all he simply said was 'no, I think his problem is he's a mormon'[1].

This is stupid, at best. Think about it, he was absolutely attention whoring to start off with, what did he expect for a reply, 'oh I'm really sorry for you get better soon'? If an absolute randomer came up to you in the street and said 'IM DEPRESSED AND I GET UP BECAUSE PEOPLE DEPEND ON ME. PS I BELIEVE IN GOD AND IM A MOMON'[2], what would you do? You'd think he's weird, correct.

With the Internet being what the Internet is, people have the confidence[3] to reply in a way in which they normally would not do, something which Hawk did. Fair play it was wrong, but was this right, either?

Fuck you you stupid racist asshole. That's exactly the kind of shit that ISN'T allowed on these forums. You don't know shit about me or my religion and the fact that you would make a comment like that when you don't know anything shows me how much of a dumb-fuck you are in general. Grow the hell up and stop spewing verbal garbage when you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. For once this is the kind of thing that actually NEEDS moderator attention and no one has even mentioned hawk's extreme unfounded prejudice.

No, no it isn't. In fact, if it was down to me then I'd say combatthewombat was baiting. This is not just simple trolling or flaming, this is beyond that. Combatthewombat started everything, Hawk just said something witty to top it off. If he didn't want people to comment on his religion, then why post it? You know fine well, it just doesn't make sense.

None of this does, think about it again. You're sat on the internet wasting your time on this; it does not make sense. We've established that they were both in the wrong renable hawk900's rep -- it should never have been disabled in the first place -- remove the infraction and get it over with, what more is there to say? Most of this thread makes no sense, this was finished so long ago, and I can't say that enough.

Combatthewombat is starting drama. Heck, he's made a bloody thread about it. Had this been someone else, then this would have been closed a lot earlier. He clearly started it all to begin with, he clearly went beyond the line of flaming and he clearly went beyond the line with this thread. You all know that. Now shut this and get it over with. It should have been dealt with before it got to this point because it, simply enough, just does not make sense. It's stupid.

[1] = http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1079275-post32.html

[2] =
I believe in God, in fact I am Mormon. But I still wish I wouldn't wake up every day. I have horrible depression and every day is a struggle not to do something stupid.

But I have other people that depend on me and need me so I have to get up and push myself to my limit every day for them.

[3] = Anonymity on the Internet

Level 24
I agree with Ash on some points there, but not so much with the whole "This is a waste of my time". I enjoy debating this kind of thing, and for me that is a good enough reason to do it.

Onto the more srs serious issue of the negative rep/infractions. People with disabled reputation are to be given infractions in the place of negative rep.

Hey guys, I just read over the replies and read my rant at hawk for the first time since posting it. Must have just been a bad day or something, I didn't mean for it to be nearly that large or angry sounding. I know a bad day is no excuse for my flaming and I am sorry. Especially to you hawk, you didn't deserve it, all you made was one little comment and I flew off the handle. I thank you for sort of stickin up for me Hakeem but after reading over stuff I realize I really don't deserve it, though hawk's comment was a little off color I WAY over reacted. Sorry y'all. I get a little bitchy sometimes, didn't mean to get so angry. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.