• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Wc3 community is getting thin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yes, since the destruction (aka vanishing) of wc3sear.ch, i thought it had gone for the worst, I was wrong. As probably many of you know and what I recently found out is that Wc3Campaigns is down the drain.

Yes, Wc3 is getting older by the second and practically 3/4 of all maps on B.NET (except northrend and kalimdor [just 2 say, havnt been ther much so what would i know? :p])

And yes I am going to get Sc2, it just really makes me annoyed/angry/sad that all these Wc3 websites are going:

a) permanently down
b) living as SPAM central

So, I wish Wc3Sear.ch and Wc3Campaigns a fond farewell.

Level 27
For God's sake.. everyone makes RIP WC3 threads at the death of a site..
Ok, everyone thought WC3 and its community would die out when sear.ch died. I did too.
Guess what?
IT DIDN'T. Look at the Hive! It may have a little less activity before, but it is now INTELLIGENT activity.
Now while SC2 may take out a lot of WC3'ers, I'm sure a lot will stay.
People still play Starcraft.
--donut3.5--

Level 35
Models will also be made....fore a genius will come along, and make a set of oinkerwinkle tools for SC2 (I hope) and some people already have 3dsmax9.....

And skins will be made also....And everyone loves a good set of triggers....(well most of us)

Level 17
OK guys, I have 2 things to say... Diablo 2 is a game from before Warcraft 3 RoC! Year 2000 to be precise... The multiplayer on that is still alive! I am guessing that is because there is actually a challenge, and the graphics don't blow Vegeta off until god knows what century.

Also, just because WoW used MPQ and BLP and M2, what makes you think SC2 will? What if we need a program a whole masquerade of tools and models and skins for the new game?

Level 16
Kaitech[SanD];385677 said:
Our site pwnz WC3C anyway... Much better anti spam and everything.

There must be something wrong with our anti-spam, it aint stopping you from spamming.

[QUOTE='Kaitech[SanD]]OK guys, I have 2 things to say... Diablo 2 is a game from before Warcraft 3 RoC! Year 2000 to be precise... The multiplayer on that is still alive! I am guessing that is because there is actually a challenge, and the graphics don't blow Vegeta off until god knows what century.[/QUOTE]

That's because no game has replaced d2. It's still the best game in its genre.
Sc2 on the other hand is the same genre as wc3, and will therefore replace wc3 (this is assuming that sc2 will be mega awesome and fullfil all our expectations, which im sure it will).

Status
Not open for further replies.