• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3campaigns down and my ISP got problems as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Today everything seems to go wrong :-/
My ISP didnt noticed the Harddrive run full because of the logfiles and therefore the mySQL db got fucked up (corrupted and needed repair)
The site was down for around 4 hours...
Now wc3campaigns is down :-/ which affects all downloads and pictures of wc3sear.ch as well.
I'm now planning to switch ISP. A better ISP with unlimited download and supern speed costs me 200 bucks more than what I pay now...
Right now I do not know how to finance this :?
Hope things go better soon

Level 2
ach so deswegen war down.....frag doch einfach nach einer donation, um das isp zu finanzieren, und jeder der eine macht kommt am ende in einer Extra special mission der rotd campiagn vor, oda so ;)

Level 2
I didn't understand that... I know some German, but I can't work out what he just said.

It's kinda bad that your site has a symbiotic relationship with Wc3c. One goes down, the other suffers.

Level 4
Translated Mazen post

oh so therefore was down.....frag nevertheless simple after one donation, in order to finance isp, and for everyone the one makes comes to end in extra special a mission rotd campiagn forwards, oda in such a way

Dang I stepped on a nail and it when into my foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 1
no wonder my comp was so slow gettin to the site.

i hope it gets fixed soon :( .

now ill have to wait longer for my tutorial request.

:(

Level 2
seems still to be down :( anyone got news from the wc3c team about what happened and when they'll be up again?

@Khadhar'phak: normally that is a good idea, but right, when one of the sites has problems, the other has too this way.

Level 2
hau einfach mehr werbung auf die site! wenn die page gut läuft und alle dls funzen stärt einem n bisschen mehr werbung kaum. am besten werbung von browsergames weil man die sogar ab und zu anklickt :wink:

Level 4
Dont bother with ads or paypal stuff, that hardly ever works to finance the sites. Most visitors are kids that dont even have acces to monetary funds or a credit card (this is sadly the truth)

-btw: hd crash at wc3c, so its gonna take a few hours before new one is in

Level 17
They are upgrading to getoo a linux distribution... the site should run better.
The donation thing I could try as well.
I'd need around 200 US$ for the ISP switch for 1 year. If enough people would donate i'd have the 200$ fast.
remember.. I have 2500 users a day visiting the site... when only 10% would donate a single dollar....

Status
Not open for further replies.