• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My new Dark Deeds styled map. Would like some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well I personally am a Dark Deeds, Werewolf, and Farmers of Teren Valley fan, and have become inspired enough to create my own map.
My map will be noticeably different from the other maps, for multiple reasons.
  • The map size is Epic, very very different from the relatively small size of the other games.
  • The main unit for everyplayer is a hero, it gains various abilities as it levels up to a maximum of 25.
  • The main hero can convert itself into "Worker form?" (suggestions on name please,) in which it can construct various buildings and harvest wood and gold.
  • There will be a much larger variety of evils, and the way they are chosen varies as well.
  • Because of my evil choosing system, it is possible to play my map and never see a certain evil type.

I ran out of bullets. lol. Here is the basic idea.
You start as the main unit "Level 1 Prince of Teren Valley" as it is now. In the center is the Balador Castle which sits upon a large mountain with a path winding down. Heading down the path you enter the castle town where you can go and construct your base anywhere you like.

At the gatehouse before you leave the castle path your hero can choose a map. The map reveals either the bottom right, The Forest Region, the bottom left, The Desert Region, the top right, The Mountain Region, or the top right, the ocean and various islands. Your hero will receive the map for free, which will make it partially visible, it will remove the black mask but not the fog of war. If you choose not to get a map everything that you haven't seen will be covered by the black mask, making going anywhere very difficult. I also plan to name the regions, as in actual names. Suggestions here would be nice as well.

The prince unit gains levels through fighting, and the higher level he is the longer and harder it is to kill him. Also various evasive abilities such as blink can be learned, but offensive spells are also available. The evil's spells and abilites CAN hurt your main unit, therefore the bonus armor abilities and hp gained from leveling up are crucial to your survival. You don't want to be one-hit killed.

If the prince dies you become a minion of evil and your "kingdom" (Whatever units and buildings you own,) fall into disarray. A message will appear speaking of your death. Other players have 5-10 minutes (would like a good timing too, im unsure if that is too long or too short,) too claim your kingdom. If claimed before 5 minutes all units and structures will belong to the claiming player, if after 5 minutes but before ten, half of them will be claimed, and the other half be neutral passive. After 10 minutes they become neutral hostile and will attack.If not your units will become neutral hostile, as bandits and will move around attacking other kingdoms. Once you are dead you have no control over this. In order to claim a player's kingdom, you must go to their now neutral passive main building, where an option "claim kingdom" is shown. (it works liek a shop)

Dam, i wrote a lot. Now onto the evils...

I have 13 evils planned so far. Here is how it will work. First a trigger randomly decides which player will be evil. Then another trigger will ask which region the main unit is in at the time. It will then narrow the evils down depending on location. Some evils can occur in multiple regions, while others are restricted. For example, one of the evils is ice based, and is only a possibility if the player is in the Mountainous Region. Now most all evils will have restrictions of some sort, forcing them to do something in order to survive. And also there is a timed based system. I'm going to start another paragraph now.

All evils will have at least two forms. The first form can reach up to level 10, in which then a quest will be available to the evil. If they succesfully complete it, they will tranform into their 2nd form, which is far stronger and generally larger in size. Once in the 2nd form most evils are stuck in that form, but it is much stronger and therefore it is no disadvantage. The 2nd form can reach up to level 25, and this form is crucial in the 2nd phase of the game. It is possible to win the game in the 1st form. At level 25 the evil will learn an incredibly strong area of effect ability that can easily change the tide of battle.

The second form of the game is rather Dota style. Depending on the evil and how well they did, they will raise a vast army of varying size. The non-evil palyers will then have to fight the evil army, with the help of the army of The Kingdom of Teren. The kingdom's army will always be a certain amount with no exceptions. So even if a very skilled evil raises an unspeakably massive force, The Kingdom of Teren's army would still be a preset amount. The armies will attack in waves, as not to cover the screen in creeps. The army size will go down with each released wave, and eventually when there are no more units left on one side, the opposing force will inevitably break through and win.

In the second phase the evil does not need to hunt down the indivual heroes of the non-evil players, merely destroying the well guarded and hard to get to castle in the center will win them the game. I'm not sure if the non-evil players can spawn more units if theirs died, i am yet to decide.

Well, wow. I haven't gotten to the evils yet. hahahahaha, here we go...

Lucidious, Slithereen Spawn. (Model: Murlock)This is the first form of a water based-evil. Yes, i copied the name from the Island Defense Titan. Lucidious, Legendary Titan of the Abyss, is the second form of evil. (Model: Naga Royal Guard) Both forms of evil require moisture. There moisture levels slowly deplete, and do so especially quickly in the desert. Replenish by swimming. Must be in ocean region to be available.

Vol'Jin, Witch Doctor. (Model: Witch Doctor) Vol'Jin, Voodoo Master. (Model: Shadow Hunter) Both forms require potions to survive. There are entrances to the Witch Doctor lab from desert, forest, and mountains. You must collect rush'ka herbs, which spawn from corpses, and a mushroom that spawns regularly in the lab. You must consume these potions to stay alive. Available in all regions except ocean.

High Cultist, Servant of the Dark. (Model: Acolyte) Atropos, Harbinger of Doom. (Model: Lich) Both must pray to the dark gods to retain Dark Faith. maximum of 500 faith. If faith goes negative the cultist takes damage periodically. If faith reaches -500, he is smited (killed, owned, pwnt, whatever floats your boat.) instantly. In second form it summons powerful creatures, at level 25 a Dark God. Only mountain and forest region.

Dracula, Head Vampire. (Model: Dreadlord) Count Dracula, Vampiric Overlord. (Model: the bigger dreadlord... um, the one with lots of patterns and tattered wings.) By using ability "suck blood?" he regenerates his blood supply. Don't let is reach zero obviously. Is harmed by sunlight first form, but not second. All regions but desert.

Anub'Arak, Death Weaver. (Model: Crypt Fiend) Anub'Arak, Apocalypse Monstrosity. (Model: Crypt Lord, duh) I am yet to decide what the setback of these guys are, suggestions are welcome as usual. Only Mountain and desert.

Magtheridon, Demonic Overlord. (Model: Bloodfiend) Magtheridon, Demon Lord of Destruction. (Model: Pitlord!!!) I'm not sure if the setback should be like the Dark Deeds pitlord, because regardless it can't transform back after 2nd stage. suggestions plz. not sure of region.

Sephalos, Corrupted Soul of the Forest. (Model: Corrupted Ancient Protector.) Sephalos, Manifestation of Corruption. (Model: Corrupted Tree of Eternity.) My idea is too force this unit to consume... blighted trees. By rooting themselves into the ground, an ability costing mana can create a radius of blight, then any trees within it can be consumed. rather, VERY flawed i know, suggestions... drown me in them. Forest region only.

"needs name," Chaos Summoner. (Model: Fel Orc Warlock.) This evil is very unique, as it summons a Hero unit. The hero unit is Infercanis, Infernal Juggernaut. (Model: Infernal Juggernaut.) The hero unit cannot move or attack, unless the evil (Chaos Summoner,) is inside it, driving so to speak. If the summoned hero dies, it can be revived after an insanely long cooldown, so hunting down the vulenrable Chaos Summoner then is the best solution. The Chaos Summoner's second form is "needs name," Diabolist. (Model: Eredar Warlock) This one's strength also comes from its ridable hero summon, the Infercanis, Apocalypse Engine. (Model: Chaos Defiler) This massive machine is very powerful and can withstand massive amounts of damage. I'm not sure if there will be a setback for this evil, what needs to refill fuel? lol suggestions plz .this impressive custom model comes from Pyramidhe@d's Chaos Defiler. also unknown region.

Chaos Defiler - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

"needs name," Magma Elemental. (Model: Lava Spawn) an obviously fire based evil, i need a good name. "needs name," Elemental Lord of Fire. (Model: Fire Lord) This creature also needs to consume wood, by attacking buildings, or consuming trees. Only available in the volcanic region. The volcanic region is half in the ocean and also contains some volcanoes in the Mountainous region.

Sypherious, Undead Basilisk. (Model: Basilisk) Sypherious, Frozen Wyrm Lord. (Model: Frost Wyrm) These guys... idk. The first form is ground based, but the second can fly, giving it a massive advantage. I am unsure of what their setback is, but it will most likely end up... icy? The Basilisk model was made by DonDustin, and is very good at that. Only in the Mountain region.

Basilisk - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

The classic Werewolf, Child of the Night. (Model: Frost Wolf) Werewolf, Alpha Lycanthrope. (Model: Werewolf) The Werewolf has no setbacks besides that it must transform at night, and return to original form in day. The Werewolf model was made by Mc! another good one. Available in all regions except the ocean.

Werewolf - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Alright, down to the last two evils i have in mind....

Dreathian, Twin Headed Dragon. (Model: Chimera) This evil is unique because it has two different outcomes, which can actually be chosen. This evil is a possibilty if you are in the Volcanic or Ocean region. If the lvl 10 ocean quest is taken... Dreathian, Legendary Hyrda Ocean Lord. (Model: Ancient Hydra) or the Dreathian, Draconic Magma Elemental. (Model: Fire Elemental) the fire elemental was made by Illidan(evil)x. The Chimera must... another unknown... perhaps it needs to feed? They could eat corpses... lol.

Fire Elemental - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

The last one Leshrac the Malicous, Tormented Soul. (Model: Ghost) This evil, yes, is copied directly out of Dota, but when I thought of it the idea struck me as brilliant. This evil can occur in any region, but under special circumstances. There will be a Ghost unit that wanders the map, and during the night, whichever region it is on, then becomes the possible area where this evil can be created. Once evil you cannot return, and it has a very delicate setback. You have 1500 emotion points. You start at 500 and they go up. Once the points break 1000 Leshrac becomes very powerful, gaining a massive armor, health, and both movement and attack speed bonus in his "rage." Although if the points hit 1500, the massive emotions inside him destroy him. You have the Meditate ability to lower your points, so you want to keep your points high, but not too high. the score may be a little too easy to balance, I need your opinion. Doom, Manifestation of Hatred. (Model: Demon Hunter (Demon Form)) At his second stage his name changes and he becomes much more powerful, but still retains the Emotion points.

Wow, im finally finished. well that is the basics of my map. I've already got it started, but would like lots of feedback on ideas. Once i've hoarded enough feedback, I will adjust accordingly and I will go host a Beta Test, u can request to join my tests if you wish. Well thank you for your time if you actaully read all this crap. haha thanks again!

Level 3
ianwar3

sounds quit good :thumbs_up:, but are you going to feature some sort of jobs you can do / make
such as farming , fishing and hunting . and 2nd phrase jobs such as merchant , banker or lord who asks tax. then you could give the princes the possibility to build a castle and to defeat the castle in which you start so to overthrow the king and become ruler yourself . it's just pure EVIL ^^ . :thumbs_up:

if you want to make different parts they will need to be really different , and feature a different job such as in the mountains you can become a miner , at the islands fisher , in the forest hunter or druid ? in desert you can become an oil digger, or if more medieval style maybe camel driver - sort os same as merchant .

You could give the prince an ability to chose a class such as : mage warrior and rogue druid warlock . each with it's own pro's and con's . to keep the game interresting .

and what always makes the game nicer are some hostile computers , such as dwarfs in the mountains , murloc in the ocean , orc's in the forest and island troll's on the islands .
so you need to work toghether with other players or even with the evil hero to fight the invaders (and then backstab the player who was helping you)

the worker class you could call : artisan , if you like the game

I would really want to be in the first beta test so plz let me now , when hat time and so on . I would like to help you out with this map . you can E-mail me at [email protected] just don't make the e-mails to large .:pal:

see ya

Level 3
ohh and the evol hero's sound quit good . but maybe the emotionpoints can be a little too much , but you have to try it out once to check if it works in a way it doesn't affect the gameplay of the evil too much , because then it would suck a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.