• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 IS A RIP-OFF OF LOTR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have found many things to prove this theory

now don't say LOTR ripped off WC3 because LOTR came first

proof 1.The Lich King, doesn't he look suspiciously like the Witch King? and look, their names are almost exactly alike

Proof 2. You wanna know the LOTR characters the WC3 heroes are?

Arthas:Saruman ( he turns evil so I can't say Aragorn )

Uther:Boromir

Muradin:Gimli

Antonidas:Gandalf

etc. etc.

You get my point?

now then

proof 3. the units for the orcs

Wolf rider:Warg Rider

Grunt: Normal orc

Kodo: Mumakil

etc. etc.

there is my evience that WC3 is a rip-off of LOTR

please feel free to debate and post anymore evidence you have

Level 7
wow! Narnia is ripoff of LOTR too!

Proof 1!: Witch queen = Witch King 'nuff said

Proof 2!:

Tumnus:Saruman ( he turns to stone which isn't far from turning evil )

Centaur guy:Boromir

mr.Weasel:Gimli

Santa guy:Gandalf

infact.. My signature is ripoff of LOTR too, it has creature which is really much similiar to Uruk-hai

Heey! I'm Ripoff of LOTR TOO! sweet! because of my name Teppana, it certainly is so similiar to Elrond!
..if you use your imagination a bit..

..I must be bored with my meaningless life to point out things like these...

Level 12
Starcraft is far more ripoff Warhammer 40 000, Aliens and predator.

About lotr. Are you sure that Tolkien was first with all all those fanatsy creatures? I red somwhere that lots of stuff from the fantasy fiction comes from D&D.

Level 25
Antodias is HARDLY like Gandalf. Antodias is just a random mage who no one cares about. Gandalf was like... Pwningful

And grunt being a ripoff of normal orc... Just no. The grunts are OBVIOUSLY ripoffs of your simple barbarian axemen, or footmen, or just basic foot units. You can't say that a footman was a ripoff of a normal orc because they both used weaponry. At that, the normal orcs in LotR were far better armoured

And Kodo and Mumakil... No again. Mumakils were freaking elephants with too many tusks that was designed to rip through enemy territory. Kodos were just large reptiles who were kept around mainly for moral

Nightmare said:
I have found many things to prove this theory

now don't say LOTR ripped off WC3 because LOTR came first

proof 1.The Lich King, doesn't he look suspiciously like the Witch King? and look, their names are almost exactly alike

Proof 2. You wanna know the LOTR characters the WC3 heroes are?

Arthas:Saruman ( he turns evil so I can't say Aragorn )

Uther:Boromir

Muradin:Gimli

Antonidas:Gandalf

etc. etc.

You get my point?

now then

proof 3. the units for the orcs

Wolf rider:Warg Rider

Grunt: Normal orc

Kodo: Mumakil

etc. etc.

there is my evience that WC3 is a rip-off of LOTR

please feel free to debate and post anymore evidence you have
Well DUH!
captain.obvious.jpg

Every single medieval fantasy world is ripped of or inspired by LoTR.

and comparing the Kodo with Mumakils is just stupid

Level 2
...... most of tolkiens stuff was altered versions of various myths, legends and so on he just gave them new names a few tweaks and a bakround, stuk in some obsenly long description of something (im talkin 20-30 pages 4 aragorns name) 16 magic rings and 2 gay hobbits and BANG
instant classic witch nightmare things is the base of wc3...... i got skills 8)

Level 9
well if yous are trying to get techincle warcraft was probly just based of starcraft's old fasion times (some history of starcraft that blizzard didnt give a f*ck about)

Level 6
Most.Idiotic.Topic.Ever.

Nightmare, WARCRAFT IS BASED ON LOTR! - and several other things, such as Dungeons and Dragons and The Chronicles of Narnia. Blizzard wasnt creative enough to make an original idea, so they just combined the main ideas of these different creations, and they made Warcraft.

Level 11
Re: Most.Idiotic.Topic.Ever.

BlackArmsShadow said:
Nightmare, WARCRAFT IS BASED ON LOTR! - and several other things, such as Dungeons and Dragons and The Chronicles of Narnia. Blizzard wasnt creative enough to make an original idea, so they just combined the main ideas of these different creations, and they made Warcraft.

The Chronicles of Narnia aren't based off LoTR. Tolkein and Lewis(author of the Narnia books) actually knew each other and were friends. They may have swapped some ideas for their respective stories, but one is not based off the other.

Level 6
Re: Most.Idiotic.Topic.Ever.

Lord Finarfin said:
The Chronicles of Narnia aren't based off LoTR. Tolkein and Lewis(author of the Narnia books) actually knew each other and were friends. They may have swapped some ideas for their respective stories, but one is not based off the other.

Finarfin, I knew that already - you misread my original comment, BUT... as I said before - Warcraft takes almost all its concepts from previous modern-day mythology creations. Speaking of which, one of you go and e-mail one of the creators of Warcraft and ask them if they in fact took concepts from other things.

Level 4
indeed, c. lewis and jrr tolkien were friends, but.. to my knowledge c. lewis made chronicles of narnia BEFORE jrr tolkien made LOTR, he just didnt publish it.. then he got jrr tolkien into writing, then he published LOTR.. and it got so much hype.. c. lewis got over jealous and published chronicles of narnia... yeah and that meens that chronicles of narnia cant be a rip off lotr... if anything is the other way around.. but i doubt that..

Level 18
In Beowulf, ll: 112, the term Orc-néas, which seems to mean "corpses of Orcus," appears in a list of the various monsters that sprang from the race of Cain. Orcus, in Roman mythology, was an alternative name for Pluto, Hades, or Dis Pater, god of the land of the dead. The name "Orcus" seems to have been given to his evil and punishing side, as the god who tormented evildoers in the afterlife. Like the name Hades (or the Norse Hel, for that matter), "Orcus" could also mean the land of the dead. Tolkien derived his 'Orcs' from a passage in Beowulf.

Level 9
Mecheon said:

Starcraft came AFTER Warcraft -_-

Anywho, it has bits of Warhammer, bits of Tolkein and bits of random mythology

im not that stupid, my way of looking at it is the technology in the games, not exactly what game came first

Status
Not open for further replies.