• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the Rings models for Minas Tirith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hey, I have already downloaded most of the models I have found on Hive and Wc3C.net.

Still missing:
- A good model for Denethor. I am using Kael right now.
- Gondor Archer - using Elf Archer right now. FootArcher seems to be broken.
- Trolls - using Ogre's right now. Can I download this model somewhere? Mordor War Troll | HIVE This map does also seem to have troll models for cave trolls: Lotr : Defense of Minas Tirith but I would have preferred the war trolls from the Minas Tirith battle
- Grond - using a siege tank right now :D
- Rider of Rohan - using Knight right now
- Rider of Dol Amroth - both models from Hive are broken
- Gondor/Minas Tirith Banner
- Gothmog - using Thrall right now
- Mordor Orcs - using Grunts etc. right now ( I have found a skin only but I prefer models)
- Orcs on Wargs - using Raiders right now
- Pippin
- Faramir (I know there is a skin, a model would be better and one with the Gondor Armor not the ranger armor)
- Army of the Dead - I am using Footman with green and transparent coloring right now and the desease ability
- Theoden, Prince Imrahil, Eomer, Eowin etc. - using Lord Garithos right now
- More Gondor buildings like Barracks, towers etc. I have already downloaded the few from Hive.
- The White Tree, I wanted to use a Northrend Tree in white but I need to set the replaceable texture which is not possible for units? Best I have found: Destructible Tree (Dead)

Maybe some of the models do exist in maps but are not uploaded on Hive?
I have played several LotR maps over the years and I think some of them had those models but I can't remember which maps.

I am also looking for all the existing Minas Tirith maps I can find. Most of them cannot be played alone against Mordor which surprised me since not all people want to play PvP.
If you think you know the best version pls let me know.

Level 14
- made Denethor if you want
- Here is Pippin skin HobbitPippin.blp by Stanakin
- I'll try to make you the banner

Edit : CloudWolf did some awsome textures too here is an exemple for the rohan rider CW_LOTR_Rohan_Rider.blp

Edit 2 : added the banner

Edit 3 : I'll also try to make Gothmog

Edit 4 : finished it but the result turned up to be awful but I attached it to this post if you ever want it (and if anyone with texturing skills want to help or having ideas for better textures it would be awsome :) )
wip :
gothmog-png.312305

wip :
gothmogwip2-png.312308

final :
gothmogwip-png.312313

Attachments

• Denethor.blp
    53 KB · Views: 89
  • Denethor.mdx
    379 KB · Views: 85
  • Denethor_Portrait.mdx
    117.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Denethor.PNG
    Denethor.PNG
    224.1 KB · Views: 180
  • GondorBanner.blp
    45 KB · Views: 75
  • GondorBanner1.mdx
    4.9 KB · Views: 71
  • GondorBanner2.mdx
    5.7 KB · Views: 64
  • gothmog.PNG
    gothmog.PNG
    260.4 KB · Views: 583
  • gothmogWIP2.PNG
    gothmogWIP2.PNG
    228.4 KB · Views: 574
  • gothmogWIP.PNG
    gothmogWIP.PNG
    286.8 KB · Views: 633
  • gothmog.rar
    232.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 25
Wow thx a lot. Maybe there is already a better Warg model for Gothmog and you can use a better texture from wc3 for the rest except the face and the arm?
The face and the arm are the only things which really need to look like in the movie.

Btw. you can upload the resources just here on Hive, so everybody can use them.

edit: Can you remove the flying green missiles around Denethor?

Last edited:
Level 14
Wow thx a lot. Maybe there is already a better Warg model for Gothmog and you can use a better texture from wc3 for the rest except the face and the arm?
The face and the arm are the only things which really need to look like in the movie.

I'll try but I don't have much free time right now

Level 14

so the is this map - War In Middle Earth - early alfa - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com and it contains this model
capture2-png.312413
do you want me to use this warg model ?

and sorry for the double post

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    157 KB · Views: 764
Level 14
Sry, didn't see the post. The model looks great. Sure if you can use it. Maybe I can use the whole model from the map for Warg Riders. For the White Tree I only need the texture ReplaceableTextures\NorthrendTree\NorthTree.blp with white color now.

there you go !!
but now that I think about it I think that it's a rip off another game so it may be against the Hive's rules :(
also tried to recolor the tree texture tell me if it feets your needs but I think the white is too bright

Attachments

• Gothmog.rar
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 80
  • tree.PNG
    tree.PNG
    43.8 KB · Views: 171
  • NorthTree2.tga
    256 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.