• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Religion (No flamewar inside) and IPower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
If the youtube thingy doesn't work:
Youtube Religion Video

Also, the IPower videos are enlightning in my opinion, and I think a lot of people here on Hive will like them.
(Yes, mild advertising, but if you're going to argue about religion all the time I've at least said enough for my part:p)

Edit: What's the problem with Youtube tags? :(

Level 34
I believe that the Catholic Church is the one and only Church of God. I respect other people's beliefs, but I do not acknowledge them. To me, it seems pointless to believe something simply for the sake of believing. Yes we must get along, but it does not mean we have to accept another persons beliefs.

Level 34
The people in the video seemed to be of the opinion that all religions are just as "correct", as others.

Level 34
The people in the video seemed to be of the opinion that all religions are just as "correct", as others.

Technicly every religion worships the same man, so why can't there be one religion?

Oh wait, it's the money is it? As long there is religion, people make money out of it. Always has been, for 2000 years and longer.

Level 5
What makes one religion more right and true than another one?
Nothing
Sure, I respect what people believe in, I just see no point in why one is more real than the other, and the 'charity funds' people donate just makes me think that it is really just a massive business.

Level 34
Technicly every religion worships the same man, so why can't there be one religion?

Oh wait, it's the money is it? As long there is religion, people make money out of it. Always has been, for 2000 years and longer.
Technically you don't know a lot about religion. :p

Catholics believe in the Trinity. One God, but three persons in one. No I cannot explain it.

Level 12
One question

Who choose that the Eastern Church (in the 10century) was scattered from the Catholic church and the catholic church is the one which was created in 1st century, and it is not that the Eastern is the one original, and the Rome scattered from the Konstantinople?

Same with Reformation (like- luther remain in the root of church and rome had heretic beliefs, and not counter)

You see my point, I believe

I'm catholic, but I dont follow blindly what the chrurch tells. I never donated money to the chrurch, I am in favor of preservatives, cells research, Darwin Evolution's Teory, the Big Bang, and many other things that catholic church is against. I dont belive on the saints, I only belive on the church base: To be saved, you have just to accep Jesus as the only one that can save you.

Level 8
I'm an atheist. As some of you might know already, I've been an orthodox at my origin, for about 7 years. Then I've passed to satanism. That was a good experience. You can bet on that. I don't care what people believe. I respect any religion, even through I'm an atheist.

To me, there's no God. Not even one. The only "God" I can trust is myself.

Any if any of you believers can prove his existence, even hypothetically, I still can't believe in Him.

Level 34
I'm catholic, but I dont follow blindly what the chrurch tells. I never donated money to the chrurch, I am in favor of preservatives, cells research, Darwin Evolution's Teory, the Big Bang, and many other things that catholic church is against. I dont belive on the saints, I only belive on the church base: To be saved, you have just to accep Jesus as the only one that can save you.
Then you're not Catholic. That's the beauty of the Catholic Church, it's universal. Everyone believes the same things.

Remember that the Church does not deny evolution, the big bang, or other scientific theories. The Church takes no stance since there is still not enough evidence.

Level 34
Well, I believe that the first church and nowaday catholic is far away from each other

Just take things like Purgatory or praying to Saints etc etc.
I think we're the closest to the original Church. We have apostolic succession for one thing.
We don't worship the saints, we ask the saints to pray for us. It's the same as any protestant praying for someone else.

Level 12
I dont want to flame, but you really dont know much about protestation.

Purgatory&celibate (both thing were created 10-12 centurys after the church was created)

And praying to the saints, very illogical one, they are dead, how can they help me hmm, they live in their own paraside and peace with them. (i find very umpolitely to disturb them :-D )

Well, maybe catholic is separated from luther and he followed the tradition of the first church, how can you tell that it is not true?

Level 34
I dont want to flame, but you really dont know much about protestation.
I think you're the one that doesn't know much about protestation. :p
I think you meant protestants.

Purgatory&celibate (both thing were created 10-12 centurys after the church was created)
I know that, but celibacy is not dogma (meaning it can be changed), and there are married priests (under special circumstances). Purgatory is not in the Bible directly, but neither is the Trinity, yet protestants believe in it. Odd eh?

Here is evidence from the Bible, about purgatories existence.
http://www.dioceseoflincoln.org/purple/purgatory/index.htm#5 said:
Jesus speaks of sins to be forgiven in the life to come (Matthew 12:23). Saint Paul speaks of those saved in the next life "through fire" (1 Corinthians 3:15). Saint Peter speaks of the "spirits in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-20) and of the Gospel "preached to the dead" (1 Peter 4:6). The Bible explicitly tells us to pray for the dead (2 Maccabees 12:44-46).

And praying to the saints, very illogical one, they are dead, how can they help me hmm, they live in their own paraside and peace with them. (i find very umpolitely to disturb them :-D )
There is plenty of evidence that the earliest Christians prayed for the dead.

from the site above said:
Rejection of the doctrine of purgatory only came about when Martin Luther abandoned the Catholic Church and invented the Protestant Religion.

Well, maybe catholic is separated from luther and he followed the tradition of the first church, how can you tell that it is not true?
Because it's historical fact that Luther separated from the Catholic Church, not visa versa? :p

Level 34
Gilles, seeing as the church has been forced to change so much since everyone nowadays knows it is ridiculous (like the flat earth theory), isn't being the least changed a bad thing in a way?
As far as I'm aware, the Church never said the Earth being flat was dogma, therefore it could be changed. We believe in the infallibility of the Church. Before anyone starts jumping to conclusions, go look it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infallibility_of_the_Church

Tell me logically, why pray for dead?
You're praying for their soul, for their acceptance into Heaven. As well, you ask them to pray for you.

Level 12
Ok, so if i will go to some paradise, it is depending on the OTHER people than ME and the One_up_there (three or one, thats doesnt matter)

Lol, thats against christianity, you know?

After someone is dead, its over and finished, I cannot change anything about his afterlife. I am not god. It is similiar to paganism, really

Level 34
Ok, so if i will go to some paradise, it is depending on the OTHER people than ME and the One_up_there (three or one, thats doesnt matter)

Lol, thats against christianity, you know?

After someone is dead, its over and finished, I cannot change anything about his afterlife. I am not god. It is similiar to paganism, really
I never said it's up to us to get people to heaven. I said we pray that they will be accepted into heaven. We ask God to accept them.

I don't mind what people believe in. As long as they keep it to themselves. But I don't like religions themselves.
But we want to save your soul! :p

Level 2
LoL@Restor. Religion isn't about being logical. Religion is on a much more basic literal level. Religion is about belief in certain objects, or people with strange powers, c'mon where do you see logic?

Level 8
Some thoughts:

Religions really have a great impact to this world we live in. And I think the good think about religions is that they give a meaning to ones life in this chaotic world. Religions make people feel better.

Of course religions have some really bad effects too, but bad things are part of human nature, and so unavoidable.

What is really dangerous is when some guys claim that their religion has got the ultimate truth. This kills the conversation and arguments, and can lead to some really terrible outcome.

Lets speculate: What if the ultimate truth is that the world was created by the Great Ape God? If you pray Ape God every day ( and wash your feets while praying, or something like that ) you go to Heaven. If you dont ,you go to Hell.

Because most of us have never even heard about Ape God, we go to Hell.
I would not like to live in a world like this, but what I want doesnt really matter, because this is just how the things are.

( And this speclation can be true. No one can really know, whether it is true or not. Think about that )

And the worst case scenario: What if the Mormons where right all the time ????

Level 12
Wrong point. I am telling that some "created by some bored pope" rules are against the christianity logic.

Ehm, you can pray for them to be accepted BUT if they are dead, you missed your chance and party is over. They are allready in hell/heaven. (in afterlife there is no time, so it is immediately) And of course no purgatory...

Status
Not open for further replies.