• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Required Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
redscores you're only reading the names and you didn't get the chance getting informed.
It makes sense that you're like "they don't belong in there".
By all means I think that a weather system is a great addon. Different weather: rain, sun, dry, etc brings variation and won't bore the players easily.

Attribute system:
Its not like something you'd expect in a rpg.
We will split the original attribute system which affects life mana, damage, armor and things like that in order to create something new. I'll post more information about it soon.

Level 21
Well, a new gen AoS would be like:
Features:
-No ordinary lanes
-Good Spells which are intuitive (Triggered/JASS'ed)
-Maybe Capture the Flag elements (You have to hold flags to get bonuses)

Or maybe even changing terrains.... but what this map doesnt need is a weather system... weather change is fine, but you don't need a system for that, a attribute system... what a attribute system? You mean new attributes? thats senseless for this kind of map.

But stuff like a Jump, Knockback and Damage System are important, maybe a new bounty system which is more fair (for example money dependant on damage done) or stuff like that....

Level 11
I read the attribute system, and I personally don't like it. Its cool that they are called differently and add different stuff, but I don't like that they grow and drop during time. It would be coll that they worked like normal ones, just add to different stuff.

But oh well.

Level 22
Maybe an assist system too. When several people go to kill someone everyone should be credited :D
I also thought about an anti kill-steal system. F.ex, if you contributed very little to the battle, but you got last hit then the one who damaged the most should be the one who officially killed him.

Edit: I could do that system if you'd like.

Level 9
well, I think that is kind of a part of the game. ells it won't be like team play. its just. the strongest hero gets all kills. and if you are forced to work together like in dividing the kills equally that doesn't sound team play to me either its just that there is no other way. is more team play if you like come up with that kind of things ingame.

Level 22
I won't make it so the one who damages the most gets the kill, but if the one who kills the unit only damages a little bit then the system would pick out the one who deserves the kill instead of giving it to some lame bastard.

Edit: Example:
3 heroes go together to kill one guy.
Hero 1 damages 20% of the health
Hero 2 damages 50& of the health
Hero 3 kills him and damages 30% of the health.
Hero 3 gets the kill and the others are "assisters".
Or
Hero 1 damages 60% of the health
Hero 2 damages 38% of the health
Hero 3 kills him and damages 2% of the health.
Hero 1 or 2 gets the kill (depending on how much damage and how long it is since they damaged the target) and Hero 3 is "assister".

Nonono, no capture the flag mode, like, you got Nodes, each node is placed symmetrical (to make it fair), you can take over the nodes and each node gives a bonus to your army or heroes... you know what I mean?
That is what I meant :p But you have to be in range of an unit to move the 'flag'.

I would like to see a new resistation system.

Level 9
I won't make it so the one who damages the most gets the kill, but if the one who kills the unit only damages a little bit then the system would pick out the one who deserves the kill instead of giving it to some lame bastard.

Edit: Example:
3 heroes go together to kill one guy.
Hero 1 damages 20% of the health
Hero 2 damages 50& of the health
Hero 3 kills him and damages 30% of the health.
Hero 3 gets the kill and the others are "assisters".
Or
Hero 1 damages 60% of the health
Hero 2 damages 38% of the health
Hero 3 kills him and damages 2% of the health.
Hero 1 or 2 gets the kill (depending on how much damage and how long it is since they damaged the target) and Hero 3 is "assister".
okay, that sounds nice TRB. if for that system then.

Level 22
I managed to get the assistance system done while I was gone. I don't think there are any bugs since I've tested it many times, but only on single player with computers :D

If anyone want to test it just VM/PM me or bug me in the chat.

Level 19
Hmm.. how redscores mentioned about the CtF system..

I got an neaty idea for this:
-Every X minutes, a flag is spawned somewhere in the forest between the lanes (theres a ping singal that shows where it is and a game-text as well)
-The team that holds the flag for the next 2 minutes will get troop-improvements and gold, as well as experience.
-As a tolerance to the loosing team, they will get only gold and experience.

Level 22
I'm doing another system now. A system which will control some of the sounds so they come after each other in a proper way and if you kill many people very fast it won't play "double kill", "multi kill", "mega kill", "monster kill", but just "monster kill". This is how it is in Unreal Tournament :D

Status
Not open for further replies.