• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Coding] Essential Map Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Guys, now that I see a screenshot, I think we need a boost/respawn system for the barracks and creeps. If destroyed, they will boost all the destroyer's creeps ( I think that would be easy ) and after x minutes, the barracks should respawn and the bonus is removed.
This is to ensure there are still a chance for the other team to fight back.

Level 20
Guys, i'm needing an Item Indexing System. I know the "easy" part of it, recycling and all beyond "set index = index+1" goes beyong my current "wanna-learn-how-to-do-it-and-do-it" level :) I'm working on the Item System (Timed-Broken items and Timed-Undroppable items).

BTW, i'll need someone to configure it to work with TimerUtils once I finish it. The timer parts are pretty simple.

Level 20
If no one does when i get this again, I'll try to see how Unit Indexing works and try to apply the same logic to Item Indexing.

I'll do the Allocation for the indexes of Item Indexing System, or if you want, I'll make an allocation table.

edit
Coded an AllocTable in just 10 minutes: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=qq0el9

Simple Demo:
JASS:
function OnStart takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = Allocate(udg_alloc)
    set udg_Data[i] = GetRandomInt(0, 2147483647)
endfunction
function Delete takes integer i returns nothing
    set udg_Data[i] = 0
    call Deallocate(udg_alloc)
endfunction
function Init takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_alloc = CreateAlloc()
endfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.