• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coders for Unique, Fun Hero Defense Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello.

To grab your attention from the start: THIS MAP HAS BEEN GOING THROUGH BETA TESTS AND SO FAR FEEDBACK HAS BEEN EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY POSITIVE. In fact, players have been asking for 'remakes' when they lose the game (throne destroyed by creeps).. which shows hope that I should continue this project !

So:

I have been working intensely on a map of the hero-defense genre and I am at the point where I am in need of help !

Here are the 'systems' i have implemented so far for those that wish to join in on this map development:

- hero selection system (using wisp -> circle of power selection), 7 fully playable heroes
- over 200 custom items so far, and I hope this number easily doubles soon enough, all custom abilities and items.
- creep wave system (creeps spawn wave-after-wave with increasing difficulty .. all made with 2 triggers only).
- rpg-like stat system (players get to increase their STR/INT/AGI per level)
- ability upgrade system (players can increase the level of their abilities every x number of levels by buying from a shop)
- valor system (players earn gold by fighting creep waves as well as valor - valor is used to upgrade the soldiers/archers that help defend the throne)
- advanced equipment system (courtesy of The_Witcher !! Players get a total of 9 slots to equip helm, armor, sword, offhand, special, amulet, ring, etc, and so only use 1 TYPE of item at a time)
- advanced item restriction system (courtesy of Doomlord !! If an item does not belong to a specific Hero-class, that player controlling that hero cannot pick it up)
- horse (extra inventory item holder)
- PVP system
- Reward system
- Triggered bosses, minibosses
- Item grading (common, uncommon, special, rare, mythical, legendary)
-Near-leak free (or leak free) due to getting help in this area from several people, and learning to clean all kinds of leaks as I have been coding along.

And this is just the beginning. I have put in over 100 hours into this project and it's gotten a little cumbersome for me and progress has slowed tremendously due to lack of ideas and other reasons. It's a powerful map to say the least especially for those that have been waiting for a new, different and engaging hero defense map that has high ambitions and hopefully raising the bar to the likes of 'X Hero Siege' and others.

This map is 85-90% GUI TRIGGERS (I know very little JASS, though my GUI triggering is above-average)

You may ask: "You seem to be doing well as it is, why seek help?"
Answer: Well, it would be nice to have help in these areas:
- Balancing ! (creep waves, hero abilities/respawn/items/gear/synergies)
- Boss trigger ideas
- Special events (unlockables/easter eggs...etc?)
- Hero ability coding/modelling/other
- End-game ideas and trigger
- All other triggering-related help

** I am looking for partner(s) in this development, not just helpers .. though help is always great ! **

I humbly ask for anyone interested in map making, hero defense maps.. to send me a private message here on the forum and see what we can work out? (Apologies also if this has been posted in the wrong section since I did not find anywhere else appropriate to convey this thread).

Level 26
Why do you not append the current version? So people can make a picture for themselves rather than by your text, which often tends to be subjective and numbers like 200 items... well, you can have a lot of shitty stuff and call it customized even if you only picked a different set of object editor abilities. Nor is including random systems a good thing -> listing them up by name does not help, it all has to form a whole and for example I cannot imagine how a "PvP system" fits into a Defense, maybe there are different teams like in enfo's Team Survival. I do not want to say that the mentioned points apply to the map, since I do not know it, but from the description, you do not convince me of the opposite. Seeing the map for oneself easily reveals on what level it actually is and which direction it pursues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.