• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not-Complicated Map for Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey!

I am currently working on a low-priority-project that develops ever so slowly. The map is quite simple and not at all complicated; check it out:

Map Name
Not decided.

Map Type
Hero Arena (with some units)

Description
A teamed 6v6 hero arena map where each round every player get the same hero(es) and item(s). The map has the standard shops and the players get a set amount of gold each round (and can also sell the items in the inventory created by the triggers). The team with the most kills win. There will be 12 rounds (this can always change).

Idea (subjective description)
The idea is to create something similar to micro arena, which we all can agree on is extremely fun to play - but with a twist! Instead of testing the micro skills of the players only, I'd like to create some rounds where players are forced into interesting and (hopefully) challenging situations, where clever use of the "chosen" items combined with micro skills set the outcome of the game. The game is balanced because each player gets the exact same things each round, but can customize things by swapping items or sell items to buy new ones from the shop (for example, trade a Claws of Attack +6 for an Invulnerability Potion (pure guess that its worth 150g or more)).

Pictures
Map from above (the terrain is perfect imo)!

2rg2xxz.jpg

Map from the side!

rcllop.jpg

What the trigger-names look like (just to give you an idea of the process; which should be around 50% done trigger-amount-wise.

25pinbl.jpg

What do i need (not specific)?
Basically, someone with enough trigger-skills to make a round and point-system + victory system. I think the terrain is perfect at the moment, and I do not want it to get more complicated that it already is + there is no more object editor work to do. The content is there; it just needs the right system to function as I want it to.

What do i need (specific)?
1. A round-system that adds specified heroes and units with selected items. Whenever every hero of one of the teams have died, the round ends and we proceed to the next one.
2. A scoreboard system that counts each hero kill and unit kill (summons included) separately. In the bottom of the scoreboard, the overall team hero kills and unit kills should show. Maybe some sort of rank system; here is an example: 0 kills = Joke, 1-5 kills = Lucker, 6-10 kills = Mediocre, 11-15 kills = Skilled, 16-20 kills = Arena Master, 21+ kills = GG.
3. The two above things working smoothly, which means no leaks. That being said, if you notice any leaking things in the triggers at the moment, worry not, I know how to un-leak them and will do so before finish.

I am sorry for the long post. I believe I included everything the "sticky" recommended, except BB-codes which are too complicated to comprehend for me at the moment. I am not expecting anything perfect, but merely functioning and without too many obvious leaks.

If you have read all this, then you probably noticed that this project is mainly for fun, so I don't expect you to do EVERYTHING I want to you once you say you'd like to help - any help is greatly appreciated! The triggers in the map at the moment do NOT work and are mainly stolen/copy'n'pasted from an old "micro wars" map to help me get inspired. It worked, but didn't work. It needs to be done on scratch.

Map link (pastebin): http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ho4jep
- Rowboat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.