• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arena Style Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys,

I am thinking of starting a project similar to an arena-style map. Players must choose a hero, buy items and learn and use unique abilities to defeat other players. I am thinking of having 4 teams, each with up to 3 players. The map would work on a rounds system; each round you enter the arena and have to fight off neutral creeps as well as other players to gain points (killing other heroes earns more points than killing creeps). The team with the most points at the end of each round is the winner of that round. The team with the most wins after X rounds, wins the game.

What do you think of these ideas? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mr_Bean

Level 17
Hmmm, quests sounds like a nice idea. I'm also going to make it that each hero has built-in Critical Strike for their attacks and spells. So if a Critical Strike triggers when they cast a spell, it would multiply the damage dealt or the healing amount or whatever the case is.

Level 19
You should also add stuff such as Evasion, Undetection (Attack not to be detected), etc. And make them influenced by stats.

Had an idea like that before where:
STR -> Physical, which influences Physical Damage and Armor. Also influences Block, HP and HP regen.
INT -> Magical, which influences Magical Armor and Damage. Also influences Spellpower, Magical Block, Mana and Mana Regen.
AGI -> Speed, which influences Evasion, Crit. Chance, Dodge, Undetection, AS and MS.

Has 3 attack types and armor types. Physical Attack beats Magical Armor and Magical Attack beats Physical Armor. Dark beats all.

Level 17
I'm not a fan of having different attack and armour types.
What do you think of having spell failing? For example, whenever you cast a spell you have an X% chance to fail the spell, meaning nothing happens. Do you think this is lame?

Status
Not open for further replies.