• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting a unit idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Requesting Unit idea/ names

In my Warriors of Gundra Map, I have came up with 5 of 6 vehicles for the Build A sides (Gundran Corps and Dwarven Liberators each have 3). I need a sixth Vehicle. Ideas?

*Also, I need some names for the unnamed units. Whatever names are used, will get a "Special Thanks to:" in the game.

Gundran Corps
-(unnamed) Main tank, Used for overall heavy vehicle support; upgrade gives it a missile barrage spell.
-(unnamed) APC that carries up to 6 (still being balenced) units; they can fire out of the APC, and the APC has a gun also.
-Corps Assistance Droid. Smallest vehicle unit in the game, it shoots shotgun-like bullets.

Dwarven Liberators
-Sythe Dart. Fast attack vehicle with 4 (balencing) cargo slots. Has a gun mounted on top (unknown what do be); possibly sniper gun.
-(unnamed) Tank that although has less HP than the Gundran tank (cannon on top also does less dmg), its cannon shoots farther and has a passive skill to attack nearby enemies (possibly a machinegun and a a tank shot; forsure a tank shot).
-Unknown unit.

Thanks for considering this and hopefly giveing me ideas :D.

Last edited:
Level 24
For your name just search vehicle types on google an go from their.
Here are some ideas
-Truck - Can carry units (6) and has no gun of its own.
-Snowmobile - Can Carry unit (1) who can shoot while riding it. (perhaps only if it is stopped)

Name suggestions include; Raptor, Quadtruck, Hastezoomer, Saber, ScthyeDart, Hunter Killer, Blight Tank.

Would like Rep if you use please. I am trying to develop some.

Last edited:
Level 12
So... From the Theme theory...
Robots- Strong and Mass Attack
Dwarves-Faster and Longer Range

For Names... You might want something that sounds Robotic and Heavy

1) Gundra
2) Corps Unit Support Vehicle

Dwarven Vehicle
I don't have any names for you.... But you can use Names of Animals that correspond to your vehicles
-Speed + Cargo = Pegasus? Or something...............

Level 8
Hmm, yes, maybe. I will give some "Special thanks" to whatever I use. Thanks both of you!

And also, both are Dwarf. Gundra just uses robots for "meatshields", support, etc. The vehicles for the Dwarven Liberators are stronger and more mobile; DL uses numbers with afew better units for their infantry. Gundra's infantry uses Droids for meatshielding and a general support unit (laser weapon; chaos). They use less units, but some are good to kill their commanders and others for crowd control.

I like the SytheDart name. Using it for the DL APC. +rep

Last edited:
Level 9
Yes I thought they might be both Dwarven...

I wouldn't go pegasus though, such a thing as dwarves of legend hate flying for some reason I think.

But naming them after legendary ground monsters, requires a little research and digging around in Norse mythology.

some thoughts for powerups...

watery blood, hair, elm, ash tree, bones of Ymir are important to the myths... still looking for a vehicle.

a consumable. Mead of Poetry

Dwarves are very heavy into runes and rune magic according to legend...

I suppose it really depends on how far you want to take it, but you could have a unique map.

Metal work

The Dvergar are skilled metal-workers and the makers of most of the artifacts of the gods, both Æsir and Vanir. Among their most famous creations are:

* The ship Skíðblaðnir of Freyr
* The golden hair of Sif
* The spear Gungnir of Odin
* The golden ring Draupnir of Odin, that self-replicates more gold rings
* The hammer Mjolnir of Thor
* Freyja's necklace Brísingamen
* The helmet Huliðshjálmr ("concealing helmet"), or sometimes a cloak {citation needed}, that enabled invisibility (compare later folklore, where the Nisse made a red hat enables invisibility)

and finally some tank names.

Geirstadr perhaps modified further into Gearstadr
Vaettir
Dis
Prose Edda (tank)
Ragnarok (tank)
Iron Drachen (tank)
Auroch (tank)

Level 12
Yes I thought they might be both Dwarven...

I wouldn't go pegasus though, such a thing as dwarves of legend hate flying for some reason I think.

But naming them after legendary ground monsters, requires a little research and digging around in Norse mythology.

some thoughts for powerups...

watery blood, hair, elm, ash tree, bones of Ymir are important to the myths... still looking for a vehicle.

a consumable. Mead of Poetry

Dwarves are very heavy into runes and rune magic according to legend...

I suppose it really depends on how far you want to take it, but you could have a unique map.

Metal work

The Dvergar are skilled metal-workers and the makers of most of the artifacts of the gods, both Æsir and Vanir. Among their most famous creations are:

* The ship Skíðblaðnir of Freyr
* The golden hair of Sif
* The spear Gungnir of Odin
* The golden ring Draupnir of Odin, that self-replicates more gold rings
* The hammer Mjolnir of Thor
* Freyja's necklace Brísingamen
* The helmet Huliðshjálmr ("concealing helmet"), or sometimes a cloak {citation needed}, that enabled invisibility (compare later folklore, where the Nisse made a red hat enables invisibility)

and finally some tank names.

Geirstadr perhaps modified further into Gearstadr
Vaettir
Dis
Prose Edda (tank)
Ragnarok (tank)
Iron Drachen (tank)
Auroch (tank)

Good call...
Norse Mythoogy..........

Status
Not open for further replies.