• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Republic of Balor

Level 8
¡Saludos, señores y señoritas! :peasant-waving:

Present to you a demo video of a fan-made campaign “Republic of Balor”. The story is based on Warcraft setting and is heavily influenced by the history and culture of Spain and Latin America region during the Age of Discovery. This RTS campaign with RPG elements is permeated with the spirit of adventure. Campaign will be released in 2023.

Synopsis

Living in the shadow of powerful nations, the insular Balor society has thrived for centuries on trade and craftsmanship under the wise authority of the Merchant Lords. But times change, and while the rest of the world is engulfed in flames of yet another war, the stout citizens of Balor face new challenges. The nation is mired in political intrigue and monastic orders’ squabbles while the foreign enemies dare to seize the control over the island.

So, welcome to sunny Advento, the capital of the Republic of Balor!

Video:

Screenshots:

Viva la Balor!

Last edited:
Level 8
More screenshots:

Level 15
This looks absolutely stunning! To be completely honest I have no idea what to expect from this as an RTS story mired in the originality you have placed it. I am insanely curious how you will blend political intrigue with monastic squabbles. Will the player be expected to be navigating the nuances between the two through play, or will it be through narrative cutscenes?

Overall though, amazing work. I can't wait to see the next update!

Level 8
This looks absolutely stunning! To be completely honest I have no idea what to expect from this as an RTS story mired in the originality you have placed it. I am insanely curious how you will blend political intrigue with monastic squabbles. Will the player be expected to be navigating the nuances between the two through play, or will it be through narrative cutscenes?

Overall though, amazing work. I can't wait to see the next update!
All of this will be an important part of the plot. The protagonist will find himself in a series of adventures and intrigues.

The campaign style is inspired by adventure and historical novels and swashsbuckler films.

Level 8
¡Saludos!

Level 8
¡Saludos! :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 8
¡Saludos! :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 6
Looks great! Really good, realistic and smart landscape of the city and country in general. You based any cities on real cities of Spain?
Btw, your noble hero really reminded me of Petruzzio and some other politicians of Vinci nation from Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (though they were based on italians)
1662919522941.png

Last edited:
Level 8
Looks great! Really good, realistic and smart landscape of the city and country in general. You based any cities on real cities of Spain?
Btw, your noble hero really reminded me a Petruzzio and some other politicians of Vinci nation from Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (though they were based on italians) View attachment 406913
Thanks! I am inspired by various cities and landscapes of southern Europe, primarily Spain and Italy. :)

Level 8
¡Hola, damas y caballeros! It's me again with a new media update. These screenshots show the Baloran Monastery.

Level 8
Adventurism is calling!

Level 7
Adventurism is calling!

WHEN MY FRIEND when looking forward to this

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 17
So far this presents very strong main theme, commandable attention to details and excellent terrain design.

Are you going to introduce new nation to the universe of Warcraft, or your setting is original, but heavily inspired by WC3 like Arkain?

Can I burn Aztec Troll kingdoms in this campaign to the ground :]?

Level 8
So far this presents very strong main theme, commandable attention to details and excellent terrain design.

Are you going to introduce new nation to the universe of Warcraft, or your setting is original, but heavily inspired by WC3 like Arkain?

Can I burn Aztec Troll kingdoms in this campaign to the ground :]?
This will be my fanmade part of the WoW setting, but with its own peculiarities.

Trolls and their tombs will play one unexpected role. :pgrin: But in general, the story will be devoted to the internal Baloran intrigues. Desperate duels, religious fanatics, naval battles and beautiful senoritas... 🍷

Level 8
Nobody expects the Igneziate Order!