• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing text above unit that says who owns it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i think you can try to give all the players the same name (or name them ""). but it can be confusing in all kinds of situations (like in chat). so you should think of how to deal with it.

Level 5
You could do that, and to enable chat with the names you could save all player names in start with variables. Then show the variable when a player writes.
Example: Player one is named: ":D"
You save ":D" in a variable for player one and then change his name to "" (blank)
Everytime player one writes a message, display the name of player one's variable too.
I think this will work, as ive seen multiple maps using such systems.
:pal:

Level 8
You could do that, and to enable chat with the names you could save all player names in start with variables. Then show the variable when a player writes.
Example: Player one is named: ":D"
You save ":D" in a variable for player one and then change his name to "" (blank)
Everytime player one writes a message, display the name of player one's variable too.
I think this will work, as ive seen multiple maps using such systems.
:pal:

That's what I'm already planning on doing actually.

Level 8
I would prefer to keep the health bars there.

I'm having trouble getting the textures to replace properly. I modify them in the game interface, but the texture doesn't change. I even extracted those particular textures, blacked out the rgb and alpha, then re converted them to blp, and imported them, yet they still won't work.

EDIT: nevermind I got it. It didn't like me changing the name in the custom game interface screen, so I instead changed the path in the import manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.